Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Tilting to the right... statue of famous anti-Semite will have an 'intervention'.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Tilting to the right... statue of famous anti-Semite will have an 'intervention'. by rinselberg
Started on: 06-06-2023 11:23 AM
Replies: 14 (183 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 06-09-2023 02:20 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Vienna finds off-kilter solution to controversy over statue of antisemitic mayor"
Lianne Kolirin and Stephanie Halasz for CNN; June 5, 2023.
https://www.cnn.com/style/a...scli-intl/index.html

Karl Lueger was a famously anti-Jewish figure in Austria's history. The mayor of Vienna from 1897 until 1910, he was lauded by Adolf Hitler in the pages of Mein Kampf.

This report explains why a controversial statue of Karl Lueger in the center of Vienna is going to be tilted so that it looks off balance, as if it's about to topple over and fall to the ground.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-06-2023).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
"Vienna finds off-kilter solution to controversy over statue of antisemitic mayor"

This is the second time today I have to ask you, what the hell does that mean. The true definition must have been re-created. I know not what antisemitic means.

I do not fault you 'cause that word is bantered around often. Do you know even one semitic, present or history ? There must be more than one. Why are they not called semitics ?

Antisemitic is a Saul Alynski slur.
Are you a semitic or an antisemitic ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand "antisemite" or "anti-Semite" as a traditional and somewhat indirect way of saying "anti-Jewish".

In my remarks, I said both "anti-Jewish" and "antisemite" (and "anti-Semite"). I mark no differences in meaning among the common usages of these terms.

By using "anti-Semite" to titularize this thread, I am conveying how the report was set up when it was published on CNN.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-06-2023).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I understand "antisemite" or "anti-Semite" as a traditional and somewhat indirect way of saying "anti-Jewish".

In my remarks, I said both "anti-Jewish" and "antisemite" (and "anti-Semite"). I mark no differences in meaning among the common usages of these terms.

By using "anti-Semite" to titularize this thread, I am conveying how the report was set up when it was published on CNN.

I favor anti-zionist if one is in opposition to the jewish states actions
and the some how un-used anti-jewish if like hitler one hates jews for being

as there are far more non jews who are semtic then jews about 10 to 1
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2023 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These days, thinking, saying or doing anything besides heaping 100% praise and loads of dollars on them makes one an "anti-semite"

If you want to know who rules you, just find out who you aren't allowed to criticize or with-hold support from.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

These days, thinking, saying or doing anything besides heaping 100% praise and loads of dollars on them makes one an "anti-semite"

If you want to know who rules you, just find out who you aren't allowed to criticize or with-hold support from.

That comes across as "third person"... or "hearsay".

It makes me wonder, what are MEM's personal experiences in this regard?
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2023 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my jewish uncle was in my WAS[P] FAMILY

he was my favorite family member
a card player [pro gambler] minor lansky mob acc
married my dads little sister
I can win at gin thanks to my uncle bill
who never had a job I knew of
other then cards and horses
but always had a new t-bird
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2023 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It makes me wonder, what are MEM's personal experiences in this regard?

About the same as every other special-interest-group with a superiority attitude, sense of entitlement, and victim or race card to play.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2023 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... how the report was set up when it was published on CNN.

I trust CNN more than I trust my Wife and my Dad,

I understand "anti-Semite" as being the "R" word. Racist !
fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2023 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So invalids, infants, and mentally handicapped people rule the world?

Interesting logic.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-07-2023 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

Interesting logic.

Pretty much !

Take one look at Ottawa (or Washington) and thats about all you will find !!
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2023 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pretty much !

Keep sucking on those cigs then, and you'll soon be head honcho in Ottawa!
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2023 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting logic.

It is not. Your thought makes me wonder about you (your not special, I even wonder about me)

The world demands nobody criticizes nobody. We all rule the world.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2023 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Competition for the Permanent Artistic Contextualization of the Dr. Karl Lueger Monument
Winning Design Proposal: Schieflage (Karl Lueger 3,5°), which translates as Imbalance (Karl Lueger 3,5°).

Statement from the committee that selected the winning proposal:

"Thirteen years ago, the University of Applied Arts Vienna initiated the questioning of the Lueger-Monument at the Stubentor with a symposium and an open competition. Klemens Wihlidal's proposal emerged as the winner from this competition. Since then, there have been lively discussions about the Lueger-Monument and the square in politics and civil society. Out of these debates emerged the competition for the artistic contextualization of the monument, which was launched by the City of Vienna.

After extensive discussions of the submitted competition entries, the jury came to the conclusion that this project proposal by Klemens Wihlidal has lost none of its relevance: his design transforms the monument into a disturbance in public space. The minimal formal irritation proves to be a strong sign in the city. The artistic proposal raises questions and keeps them open.

The sculpture is tilted by 3.5° and visually loses its balance. The inclination breaks the claim of monumentality. This visual punch line opens up even without prior information and leads to a continuation of the debates.

Klemens Wihlidal's project shows how a public debate conducted over years leads to a heightened awareness in civil society. The transformation of the monument undermines the affirmative view of Lueger's politics of exclusion and his racist and anti-Semitic hate speech. The 'skew' changes perspectives on the past and present."

Statement from Klemens Wihlidal:

"With my design, I do not want to change the existing monument, but the view and perspective on it. With the 'minimal' intervention of tilting the statue and pedestal 3.5° to the right from the viewer's perspective, the venerability is to be broken and the sincerity questioned. In doing so, I want to trigger an irritation, or even more, a moment of uncertainty that may only become noticeable upon a second look.

The tilted position is also reminiscent of a sinking ship or evokes a sense of transience and impermanence, as if one has to watch the monument just about to topple over, or at least reckon that it won't stand for much longer."

TO BE FILED UNDER "ESOTERICA"

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2023 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Competition for the Permanent Artistic Contextualization of the Dr. Karl Lueger Monument
Winning Design Proposal: Schieflage (Karl Lueger 3,5°), which translates as Imbalance (Karl Lueger 3,5°).

This is a scale model... it's a photograph of a scale model... actually it's a digital image of a photograph of a scale model...

Ahem. As I was saying, this is a scale model from the Winning Design Proposal. It was provided to help the judges to visualize the impact of modifying the base of the statue to tilt the statue itself and shift it by a displacement of 3.5° (three and a half degrees) from vertical.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 06-09-2023).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock