Started on: 05-18-2023 10:57 AM
Replies: 18 (267 views)
Last post by: rinselberg on 05-21-2023 04:32 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire?

Really ? Which one is which one ?

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-18-2023 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Zelinski and Putin ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:
Zelinski and Putin ?

That is a good guess. Fitting.

Look closer.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Really ? Which one is which one ?

It's pretty obvious. Fred's taller.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's pretty obvious. Fred's taller.

Do you spend all of your time at the bottom of the grease trap ?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feeling crowded?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feeling crowded?

Certainly not by you.

Which one is which one ?

The distinguished gentleman on the right ? Common Sense. The clueless yay who on the left ? Global Warming Zealot

I wonder where rinselberg comes up with his concoction for his vaunted EV, and his concoction for green energy, ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-18-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2023 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The distinguished gentleman on the right ? Common Sense. The clueless yay who on the left ? Global Warming Zealot

Fred and Ginger made more sense.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2023 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That reminds me of an article I scrolled through yesterday.

"Scientists blame fossil fuel production for more than a third of Western wildfires"

Excerpt

The world’s top fossil fuel firms may be responsible for more than a third of the acreage scorched by wildfires in Western North America over the past four decades, a new analysis has found.

About 19.8 million acres—or about 37 percent of the total area burned in the Western U.S. and Southwest Canada since 1986—can be linked to the heat-trapping emissions released by the world’s 88 largest fossil fuel and cement producers, according to the study, published on Tuesday in Environmental Research Letters.

Excerpt

The researchers relied on a measure called “vapor pressure deficit,” which allowed them to gauge the ability of air to draw water out of plants and soils. This gauge of atmospheric “thirst,” they explained, is a critical tool for tracking how climate change is exacerbating wildfires.

Using vapor pressure deficit allowed the authors to track how emissions linked to major fossil fuel producers have had a direct impact on the steep hikes in both the acreage burned and fire-danger conditions.

The scientists also used models to demonstrate that emissions tied to the big 88 companies are responsible for raising the global average temperature by 0.5 degrees Celsius since the beginning of the 20th century—or nearly half the observed warming during that time.

Sharon Udasin for The Hill; May 16, 2023.
https://thehill.com/policy/...f-western-wildfires/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-19-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2023 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
That reminds me of an article I scrolled through yesterday.

"Scientists blame fossil fuel production for more than a third of Western wildfires"

Which comic book were you reading ?

About 19.8 million acres—or about 37 percent of the total area burned in the Western U.S. and Southwest Canada since 1986—can be linked to the heat-trapping emissions released by the world’s 88 largest fossil fuel and cement producers, according to the study, published on Tuesday in Environmental Research Letters.

It seems as though you have not realized that one can dazzle with brilliance or baffle with bull zhit. You have been baffled by bull zhit !

Name those heat-trapping emissions. Do you believe the fossil fuel and cement producers "released" heat-trapping emissions ? How many have you released ? What is Kerry's, the Climate Czar, and Al Gore's contribution ?
I bet you don't even know the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. 0.04%. What was it 50 years ago ?

The researchers relied on a measure called “vapor pressure deficit,” which allowed them to gauge the ability of air to draw water out of plants and soils. This gauge of atmospheric “thirst,” they explained, is a critical tool for tracking how climate change is exacerbating wildfires.

Comedic gold. Do you ever put any critical thinking into what you read ?

What is the “vapor pressure deficit” today ? What was it 50 years ago ? Do you even know what vapor pressure is ? I think not !

Using vapor pressure deficit allowed the authors to track how emissions linked to major fossil fuel producers have had a direct impact on the steep hikes in both the acreage burned and fire-danger conditions.

My. The bull zhit is getting deep. Did the vapor pressure deficit allow authors, or scientists, to claim to be able to correlate vapor pressure deficit and the acreage burned and fire-danger conditions ?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2023 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bet you don't even know the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere. 0.04%. What was it 50 years ago?

I don't need to know those numbers "off the top of my head". I can look them up online.

This number that's been put up by "cliffw", of 0.04%, is misleading. The fractional percentage of 0.04% provides only one decimal digit of significance. That's not accurate enough for this context.

Forum member "cliffw" is paying homage to the idea that CO2 is only a very small fractional percentage of the atmosphere, even after all the CO2 emissions from humans over the past 150 or so years, and so—ergo—this "trace" amount cannot be important in shaping and conditioning the earth's climate.

This idea is a canard. It's an idea that appeals to human intuition, but it is not based, as a rap or hip-hop artist might say it. It is an idea that is not connected to the scientific understanding of the greenhouse effect.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-19-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2023 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are my neighbors. I've known them most of my life.

I took the following picture about a half mile from this place.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2023 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't need to know those numbers "off the top of my head". I can look them up online.

This number that's been put up by "cliffw", of 0.04%, is misleading. The fractional percentage of 0.04% provides only one decimal digit of significance. That's not accurate enough for this context.

0.04% is not misleading. Look it up ! It is also two decimal digits.

Forum member "cliffw" is paying homage to the idea that CO2 is only a very small fractional percentage of the atmosphere, even after all the CO2 emissions from humans over the past 150 or so years, and so—ergo—this "trace" amount cannot be important in shaping and conditioning the earth's climate.

This idea is a canard. It's an idea that appeals to human intuition, but it is not ... connected to the scientific understanding of the greenhouse effect.

You are the one preaching that the Earth is doomed because CO2 levels are increasing.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-21-2023).]

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2023 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On the left is a '68 Plymouth

On the right is the later evolution of the Ford Modular motor.

C'mon, guys, are we a CAR site or politics?
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2023 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JOE IS THE BIRD just cruising down the road

THE RUMP IS WILLY always up to some BS that FAILS
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2023 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeb:

C'mon, guys, are we a CAR site or politics?

Just be grateful (as I am), that this nonsense has it's own sub-section, and therefore doesn't pollute the rest of PFF.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2023 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are the one preaching that the Earth is doomed because [carbon dioxide] levels are increasing.

Hardly. It's just a question of how much more greenhouse effect-driven climate change humanity collectively decides to "dial in"... and how rapidly or how gradually it happens.

Just for the record: Electric Vehicles, climate change and "green energy" (which segues to carbon dioxide) first came into this thread here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../HTML/000716.html#p8

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-21-2023).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock