Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Rudy Giuliani said he and Trump were selling pardons for $2m apiece, ex-aide claims (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rudy Giuliani said he and Trump were selling pardons for $2m apiece, ex-aide claims by Patrick
Started on: 05-16-2023 01:31 AM
Replies: 46 (490 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 05-24-2023 07:53 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pardons for sale or rent
Bribes for contracts, no regret
No records ever filed
I’m King of the Swamp

It's got possibilities. I seldom get very far with these hit song parodies. Maybe there's an online AI engine that could help?
IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2023 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2023 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Tell us Adam Shifft, that you have the proof that they did offer two million dollar pardons? Are you suggesting tax fraud?

This is a lawsuit for damages and not a criminal case. You could think of it as a "tort brought by a tart".

If it goes to trial, the jurors will (at least, in theory) afford the defendant, "one" Rudolph William Louis Giuliani, aka "America's Mayor", the presumption of innocence, in the sense that the burden of proof is upon the plaintiff, to prove, by a preponderance of the evidence (but not being any reasonable doubt) that Mr. Giuliani should be held liable for damage(s) done to the plaintiff.

But I'm not going to be part of any such jury, and in this space, which could be called "the court of public opinion", I am under no obligation to provide Mr. Giuliani my presumption of innocence.

Based on my perceptions of Mr. Giuliani, which are more than I wish to catalog for this forum, at this juncture, I find it easy to believe that Giuliani was talking about teaming up with President Trump to sell pardons for $2 million a pop (so to speak) on a kind of pardons black market (so to speak), and splitting the proceeds between himself and President Trump. I can readily imagine Giuliani talking like this, even if President Trump was actually not in on the scheme, or even aware of it. It would seem like a good sales ploy for Rudy Giuliani, to have a prospective pardon(s) customer think that they would also be enriching President Trump as well as Rudy Giuliani, by ponying up (so to speak) $2 million dollars for a pardon.

This is only one of the allegations in the lawsuit. I'm not sure exactly how the plaintiff could represent that she was damaged by this pardons scheme, or the talk thereof. At this point, that's not all that germane. There's much to chew on. Will it even go to trial? Will Giuliani settle before there's a verdict? I don't want to get ahead of my skis (STS).

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-19-2023).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2023 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could sue you for being a dick, it would probably never make it in front of a judge. But if it also ran on a "news" organizations broadcast.
legal team find that rinselberg is a dick

Now everyone that just reads the headlines or the spin the "news" organizations put on things will find you guilty of being a dick.
It will take you time to have it retracted if you get a retraction at all. But while you are fighting it the damage is done, it can never be undone in most cases.

Now I would not think you are a dick based on one news article but would read the article fully and then try to find other collaborating evidence for other sources.
Most do not take the time to do that and will just label you a dick because they were told by someone they trust.

So lets not be a dick and believe every head line, this is how the AI win.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2023 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The left approaches news the way they do the Justice system.

First they identify a target, a person or group who makes them uncomfortable, then they create a story or a crime to validate their paranoia.

Life is so much easier when you see the world the way it is, instead of continually trying to rationalize why it isn't what you wish is were.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2023 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

The left approaches news the way they do the Justice system.

First they identify a target, a person or group who makes them uncomfortable, then they create a story or a crime to validate their paranoia.

Life is so much easier when you see the world the way it is, instead of continually trying to rationalize why it isn't what you wish is were.

well yes you do describe Gop and their fear or paranoia
but they hate so much of modern life style
there are few limits to their obsessions
and desires to revert to the way things use to be
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2023 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

Thank you for the opportunity to present enlightenment about Thomas Paine.

Thomas, although having lived 'bout the time of the American Revolution, had uncanny common sense. Applicable today. His ability is recorded in history. Those that want to learn from history, can. They can actually feel and learn about common sense, and how to benefit their lives with common sense.

One example.

Common Sense

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-24-2023).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave