Started on: 05-10-2023 10:49 AM
Replies: 2 (255 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 05-10-2023 12:46 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2023 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of people are getting upset having their conduct during covid compared to Germans supporting the rise of Nazism.

Let's recapitulate.

A fifth of the population was legally classified as unclean. They were barred from most public spaces, including theatres, restaurants, movies, pubs, clubs, swimming pools, sporting events, concerts, conventions, etc.

To access public facilities, people had to carry a digital mark with them so authorities could confirm they weren't unclean.

The unclean were fired and barred from most jobs: education, healthcare, courts - all public sector work, most major union jobs and a wide smattering of major private employers. When they were fired, the unclean were denied employment insurance, the reasoning being that they had been fired for cause on account of being unclean.

The unclean were banned from travel on trains, planes, and chartered boats. They had no legal means of leaving the country. Even if they wanted to, they could not escape the country that obviously hated them so.

It became illegal to socialize with the unclean. They weren't allowed to attend weddings or funerals, or visit sick relatives or friends in hospital.

Special laws were made for the unclean subjecting them to house arrest if they were around a person who had recently had a positive PCR test. The unclean had to continue to cover their faces in public when universal masking was dropped.

It became socially acceptable to wish death upon the unclean in social media and in major news organizations. Public health figures and other politicians gave press conferences to shame and insult the unclean. The public developed shared pejorative names for them, and relished in insulting the unclean.

News media regularly ran polls asking if the unclean should be arrested or fined. Public figures openly and proudly spoke about witholding medically necessary healthcare from the unclean - letting them die. The unclean were removed from organ transplant lists, condemned to almost certain death.

No end date for these measures was ever suggested, no timeline given. To the contrary, this was called the "new normal".

Criticizing any of these developments made you a social pariah, and likely cost you most of your friendships and family relations, if not your job.

The lesson of the Holocaust - and of covid - isn't that Germans or Albertans or people of the 21st Century are uniquely gullible or evil. It's that for most people, "morality" is not a matter of principle, but rather of adopting what they perceive to be the dominant group ideology - even if that ideology is marked by wanton irrationality or brutal inhumanity.

Indeed, as in certain cults or gangs, the brutality or irrationality of the acts or beliefs required to signal group inclusion further entrench people into the ideology, rather than repel them; a kind of perverse sunk cost fallacy writ large.

So, yes, if you're a typical person - Albertan, Canadian or otherwise - it is overwhelmingly likely that you would have been a Nazi if you were born in Nazi Germany. If you cheered along lockdowns and mandates, that likelihood approaches certainty.

https://twitter.com/DNSWils.../1655819673756389376
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2023 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's not unreasonable to consider that it was this Canadian "Nazism" that is the reason that MidEngineManiac was able to create this New Topic.

I think there are subject matter experts who will say that the Covid vaccines and the masking, quarantines, social distancing and lockdowns were helpful at a particularly vulnerable time for Canada and its people, and that it was even helpful for the Canadians who chose not to be vaccinated and did not cooperate fully with the other anti-Covid measures.

I think there are subject matter experts who will say that even the unvaccinated and the uncooperative were benefited, because the overall effect of the vaccines and the other anti-Covid measures was to reduce the total amount of virus in circulation in Canada, even knowing that it wasn't a complete wipeout of the virus... not an impassable barrier that the virus could not surmount, but a "speed bump" that slowed the transmission of the virus and prevented the virus from "doing its worst".

It's sometimes said that "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades", but I think there are subject matter experts who have said (in so many words) that "close also counts in mitigating the damage from Covid."

Can "you" prove me wrong?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-10-2023).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2023 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
Can "you" prove me wrong?

It seems so, every time. With logic and common sense. I can do it bigly and fastly. Do you want me to completely embarrass you fastly, or would you like me to do it slowly ?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock