Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Portland Is Woking Itself Back To The Stone Age (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Portland Is Woking Itself Back To The Stone Age by cliffw
Started on: 03-27-2023 09:42 AM
Replies: 66 (937 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 05-10-2023 12:34 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2023 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

STILL THE MAP WITH 12 UNITS OPEN IN THE COUNTY

So? Doesn't mean zhit.
Just because a store is in the same county doesn't mean it's in the same city.
Fulton County, in GA, is like 70 miles from one end to the other. It contains all - or some - of quite a few cities.
Conversely, Atlanta is in at least two counties. Maybe more.

Try again.
IP: Logged
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cities are not closed systems. They are not completely insulated from the counties that surround them, or insulated from the state level, or the federal level.

Every city has impacts that go beyond the city's boundaries, and every city is impacted by factors that are from beyond or outside of the city's boundaries.

In reality, trying to reduce cities (conceptually) to "Democratic Party-controlled enclaves", in simplistic ways, is a self-defeating exercise in mental gymnastics. It's a misapprehension that is causative of attenuated meaningfulness, reduced analytical acuity, distorted political and socio-economic perspectives, and the like.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-14-2023).]

WonderBoy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Cities are not closed systems. They are not completely insulated from the counties that surround them, or insulated from the state level, or the federal level.

Every city has impacts that go beyond the city's boundaries, and every city is impacted by factors that are from beyond or outside of the city's boundaries.

In reality, trying to reduce cities (conceptually) to "Democratic Party-controlled enclaves", in simplistic ways, is a self-defeating exercise in mental gymnastics. It's a misapprehension that is causative of attenuated meaningfulness, reduced analytical acuity, distorted political and socio-economic perspectives, and the like.

Blah blah blah. Nothing but more deflection. The new sideshow KJP, Sideshow ChatRI. The five rules of marxi cabal dodge ball:
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive & Dodge.

You'll never admit repeated liberal policy FAILURE. How's that San Fran Whole Foods store? Can't get your organic soy and wheat grass anymore.... Oh wait you get it delivered using gas guzzling means.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blue Cities in Red States

Between 2010 and 2020, the fastest-growing states were mostly red—places like Texas, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and South Carolina. During the pandemic that trend accelerated, and once again, most of the big population-gaining states are governed by Republicans. . . .

Perry goes down a range of other factors and concludes that Americans are moving away from blue states with high energy costs, byzantine regulatory regimes and unfriendly business climates. They are moving to economically vibrant red states with lower costs, more conservative fiscal policies and more job opportunities. . . .

So can we tell a simple story here: Republican policies work, Democratic policies don’t?

Well, not quite. When you look inside the red states at where the growth is occurring, you notice immediately that the dynamism is not mostly in the red parts of the red states. The growth is in the metro areas—which are often blue cities in red states. A study from the L.B.J. Urban Lab, for example, found that Austin, Houston and Dallas-Fort Worth accounted for 71 percent of the jobs created in Texas in 2019. . . .

If you look at these success stories you see they are actually the product of a red-blue mash-up. Republicans at the state level provide the general business climate, but Democrats at the local level influence the schools, provide many social services and create a civic atmosphere that welcomes diversity and attracts highly educated workers.

Very often the conservative state authorities are at war with the more liberal city authorities over things like minimum wage laws and L.G.B.T.Q. rights. But, at least for right now, the red-blue mash-up seems to work.

So if this is the formula that produces a dynamic and cosmopolitan society, where is the political party that is conservative-leaning on business matters and more liberal-leaning on things like education, immigration and work force development?

Where is the party that stands for the policy blend that manifestly works? . . .

"Why People Are Fleeing Blue Cities for Red States"
David Brooks for the New York Times; April 13, 2023.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...-belt-migration.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-14-2023).]

WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Why People Are Fleeing Blue Cities for Red States"
David Brooks for the New York Times; April 13, 2023.

Wow, more control-c + control-v from ChatRI bot. Noticed how automated BS post doesn't talk about the why the move. No REAL indepth examination. Just red/blue red/blue. How about compare the laws/demographics/stats of the "blue" cities being moved to with the states. Could it be local gov, SMALLER GOV is better? Not too much crappy sh*t pushed by the fed Gov --->> down to the state --->> down to the cities. OMG! The truth is hypocrisy knows no bounds. That's great journalism there.
Your ideology SUCKS.
Your pop-up Weimar Republic's SUCK.
Your fully automated communism with a lay-about loafer hand-out society SUCKS.
Your ideology is a virus that spreads and da-rump is the cure. You're what indigenous people hate, speak with forked tongues and break treaties (WWIII on approach due to breakage of treaties. Stoke da fire).

Dodge, duck, dip, dive & dodge.
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WonderBoy

503 posts
Member since Oct 2011
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Says the man who has demonstrated no analytic acuity, .

Ah yes. Blaming Conservatives again. We don't like it that Dambocratic cities impact anywhere they can. Just like Cancer. Damnocratic cities have big voting block and force us to have representatives and taxes which do not reflect our values.
We know the analytic political gymnastics damnocrats play. You heard the one that most murders happen in red States. They all happen in predominantly damnbocratic cities in a red states.

Cities which ARE Dambocratic controlled enclaves are failing. Just like all Damnocratic controlled States.

That is rich. Fail !

So can we tell a simple story here: Republican policies work, Democratic policies don’t

There is a red blue mash up because people have to coexist together. Who are the parasites ? Damnocrats. Why are there not people migrating to all the damnocratic cities/States.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-15-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35768 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by cliffw:
Says the man who has demonstrated no analytic acuity, .

I have to take that back. The man uses his skills of analytics to defend and promote Damnocrats.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Typical Portlander leftist.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2023 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dang, I must have Oldheimers. I checked in to add content.

San Francisco Demands Federal Assistance to Tackle Violent Crime, Open Air Drug Dens

I guess they realize their Blue State law enforcement is also incapable.

Another blue state accolade, .

I am not done yet.

Mayor Breed asks for federal assistance with city's drug crisis

Another blue state accolade, .

The blue cities of ...

The gun violence in New York City is on a chronic level, and now Mayor Eric Adams is asking Washington for help.

Let's go down the rabbit hole failures.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot asks for federal help combating Chicago crime.

Yeah rinseberg, conservatives did that.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Target San Francisco stores going to extreme measures to deter shoplifters, with an entire aisle locked up

Another demon crat city accolade !

The video, posted last week with an overlay that reads, "This is what my Target in SF looks like now," shows items including toothpaste, deodorant, lotion, and razors under lock and key.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Target San Francisco stores going to extreme measures to deter shoplifters, with an entire aisle locked up

Another demon crat city accolade !

Yeah, but it really helps the children, the disadvantaged and the poor, underprivileged immigrant drag queens.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2023 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Yeah, but it really helps the children, the disadvantaged and the poor, underprivileged immigrant drag queens.

Only so long as the Board of Directors get their 70-80% in "administration costs". If not, then screw the children, the disadvantaged and the poor, underprivileged immigrant drag queens fool-tools.

Funny how that works around libs.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2023 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be as negative, racist, anti-and phobic- as I please...to whatever or whoever I please. For whatever reason I please.

I dont need your or anybody's "permission" or "approval" to think....

Simply because...I'm not your subject. I dont answer to you. I am a free man. The sovereign in my own life. My mind, my choice. My body, my choice. My choices, my choice.

I'm sure you will agree, right ? If you dont agree, please write a 75,000 word dissertation on why you and your mind are superior and should have power and control and prevent me from drawing my own conclusions....

OH, and I'll read it, be as negative and critizing as I damn well please, ....and...and...and...

Know something ?

History was right. Dont argue with them, just shoot them.

Which is exactly, back around 1776, the British king got told to go **** himself.

Problem solved.

[This message has been edited by MidEngineManiac (edited 04-28-2023).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-28-2023 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MidEngineManiac

29566 posts
Member since Feb 2007
Fucuukit...

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Portland mom spearheads psilocybin mushroom farming, one tote at a time"
Joseph Gallivan for KOIN 6, CBS affiliate, Portland; April 27, 2023.
https://www.koin.com/top-st...-one-tote-at-a-time/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-30-2023).]

WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Portland mom spearheads psilocybin mushroom farming, one tote at a time"
Joseph Gallivan for KOIN 6, CBS affiliate, Portland; April 27, 2023.
https://www.koin.com/top-st...-one-tote-at-a-time/

Bringing good jobs back to Portland. The libtard marxipad way. More San Fran Weimars. Now THAT'S progressive!
Here, have some shrooms and watch some msdnc morning blow...
Keep them uneducated
Keep them uninformed
Keep them unaware

NWO
2o3O
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biotech is hot!
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Biotech is hot!

$$$$$$$$
That's all what's hot about it.

[This message has been edited by WonderBoy (edited 04-30-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't for me, you ain't black.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 04-30-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
If you don't for me, you ain't black.

Vote for me. I like money.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-01-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2023 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2023 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are there any Republican-led cities that come to mind?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2023 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are there any Republican-led cities that come to mind?

No. If there were, you would have let us know.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2023 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T Mobile shuts its flagship in San FranZhitco due to crime.

Yet another dumbocratic city accolade.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2023 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dumbocratic cities need to up their game. The State of Krazyfornia wants to give every black citizen 1.2 million dollars as reparations for slavery committed more than 100 years ago. Taking money from people who were not guilty of committing slavery and giving it to people who have never been slaves.

Caloifornia has never been a slave State.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock