Started on: 05-19-2022 09:58 AM
Replies: 25 (361 views)
Last post by: Notorio on 06-19-2022 04:42 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.post-gazette.co...stories/202205180140

Does the increased reportage of UFO's mean anything?

Are Biden, Pelosi, Schumer really from this planet?

Has Putin been compromised by aliens?

Are UFO's to blame for the baby formula shortage?

So many questions!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would certainly explain a few things. Biden and Harris are pretty spacey.
But I suspect that this is another pointless Dem distraction.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe we are alone in the universe, but why would they want to visit us? It would be like taking a vacation to Portland.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-19-2022).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I suspect that this is another pointless Dem distraction.

From Joe's article...

In an unusual display of bipartisan cooperation, members of both parties pushed the Pentagon brass to be more forthcoming.

rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
In an unusual display of bipartisan cooperation, members of both parties pushed the Pentagon brass to be more forthcoming.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, because congress has nothing better to do than look at pictures of flying saucers.
You know, on account of our booming economy and world peace breaking out around the globe and...well...stuff.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 05-19-2022).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, because congress has nothing better to do than look at pictures of flying saucers...you know, on account of our booming economy and world peace breaking out around the globe.

Something like this is a welcome change of pace for our elected representatives and their staff. Now they can return to their more usual tasks and concerns with psyches and cognitions that have been refreshed and sharpened by the relaxation and fun of these UFO hearings.

Weren't there times when any of us would have liked to arrive at the office or wherever we went to be at work, and the first thing that happens is the office manager or shift supervisor with a surprise announcement... "I'm calling an emergency meeting today instead of our usual 10am "staffer'. We need to discuss this spike of apparent UFO-activity in our district over the last few weeks. This will include visual and video presentations from Major Domo, who supervises all ground-based radar operations and maintenance at nearby Dilbert Air Force Base, followed by a Q&A session where we can all voice our questions and concerns."

This is all good, I assure you.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, because congress has nothing better to do than look at pictures of flying saucers. You know, on account of our booming economy and world peace breaking out around the globe and...well...stuff.

Despite their previous total focus on the "economy and world peace", it's become a total sh!tshow anyway... so what's the problem with a little diversity in their daily agenda? Besides, I doubt they were made to spend all that long "looking at pictures of flying saucers".

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Something like this is a welcome change of pace for our elected representatives and their staff.

"Look! Over there!"
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

From Joe's article...

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The agenda is scheduled by the majority party.

I find it surprising that the Dems would push the Pentagon about anything.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2022 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
"Look! Over there!"

Does anyone think that UFOs have been receiving an undue amount of time and attention from the members of Congress?

When was the last time, before this instance, when there was testimony to Congress about UFOs?

These aren't rhetorical questions. I haven't looked into this, myself.

I'd like to know why the military seems unable to explain what was going on with these peculiar-looking radar reflections and visual and IR imagery.

Maybe it is best that the full explanations remain classified Secret and as such, information that should not be disclosed during open Congressional hearings.

As I said, I myself have not been following this story with any diligence, but I have the impression that the military does not have solid explanations for all of this. I think I saw where some of the radar reflections or visual or IR imagery were attributed by the military spokesperson to "probably, unmanned aerial vehicles or 'drones' that are of this planet and its human inhabitants", but my impression is that they really don't have solid information about who was operating these drones and where the drones were made and the exact specifications of these drones.

Weren't they showing imagery that was created some years ago, and not all that recently?

Is anything thinking the same (or different) about it?

Where are the forum's UFO experts?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-19-2022).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2022 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The hearing was the first time in more than 50 years that U.S. officials have provided testimony for public consumption about their investigation of UFOs.
"UFO hearing features historic testimony from Pentagon officials"
Shane Harris for the Washington Post; May 17, 2022.
https://www.washingtonpost....fo-hearing-congress/

This article is not all that long, but it is longer and more descriptive than the article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that is at the very top of this thread.

And here is the C-SPAN video of the entire public hearing. About 90 minutes.
https://www.c-span.org/vide...estigation-ufos&live

During the first congressional hearing on UFO sightings in more than 50 years, Pentagon officials told lawmakers extraterrestrial life is not the cause of what the government calls “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena.” During the hearing, three unclassified videos of UAPs were shown to members of the House Intelligence Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Counterintelligence. Scott Bray, deputy director of naval intelligence, told lawmakers after a UFO sighting is reported, an investigation usually results in one of the following categorizations: airborne clutter, natural atmospheric phenomena, U.S. government or U.S. industry developmental programs, foreign adversary systems, or unexplained sightings that merit further investigation. Pentagon officials said they conduct lengthy investigations on any report due to possible national security implications.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-22-2022).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Applies to both executive and legislative branch

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There he goes again, plagiarizing someone else's words. That sound just like a few who post here.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a man who "gnows" who I am, and a Caballero is a car for a man who "gnows" who I am.

That was a long ago radio spoof of the long ago Ricardo Montalban "Corinthian Leather" TV promos for the Chrysler Corporation. The Chrysler Cordoba. Try to conjure up the register of his voice and the "Meh-hee-go" accented English that conveyed "south of the border-style elegance" to a generation of American TV viewers.

I don't know if it was actually a "Caballero" (in the radio spoof) or just some made-up word that sounded like that. But there is an Albert Caballero who is a PhD student in conflict resolution at the University of Vigo in Spain, and somewhat incongruously (it would seem) the author of a study, published in Cambridge University’s peer-reviewed International Journal of Astrobiology earlier this month, that attempted to analyze where the famous WOW! Signal (of Radio Astronomy lore) came from.

According to some rough estimating that he's done, he guesstimates that there are only four dangerously aggressive extraterrestrial civilizations in the entire Milky Way Galaxy, and that we Earthlings could (likely) transmit interstellar messages to some 18,000 other planets orbiting other stars, and the probability of bringing on our own destruction by revealing ourselves to a dangerously aggressive extraterrestrial civilization would be no greater than the probability of the Earth being suddenly rendered uninhabitable by the impact of a planet-killer sized asteroid. Just a one in 100 million years probability event.

A very speculative report, indeed.

There are [just] four malicious extraterrestrial civilizations in [our own] Milky Way galaxy, researcher estimates"

Back-of-the-napkin math assuming aliens are like humans suggests there are only a few evil alien societies in our galaxy, which is good news for everyone.

Jason Koebler for VICE; May 26, 2022.
https://www.vice.com/en/art...researcher-estimates

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-26-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm a man who "gnows" who I am, and a Caballero is a car for a man who "gnows" who I am.

That was a long ago radio spoof of the long ago Ricardo Montalban "Corinthian Leather" TV promos for the Chrysler Corporation. The Chrysler Cordoba. Try to conjure up the register of his voice and the "Meh-hee-go" accented English that conveyed "south of the border-style elegance" to a generation of American TV viewers.

I don't know if it was actually a "Caballero" (in the radio spoof) or just some made-up word that sounded like that. But there is an Albert Caballero who is a PhD student in conflict resolution at the University of Vigo in Spain, and somewhat incongruously (it would seem) the author of a study, published in Cambridge University’s peer-reviewed International Journal of Astrobiology earlier this month, that attempted to analyze where the famous WOW! Signal (of Radio Astronomy lore) came from.

According to some rough estimating that he's done, he guesstimates that there are only four dangerously aggressive extraterrestrial civilizations in the entire Milky Way Galaxy, and that we Earthlings could (likely) transmit interstellar messages to some 18,000 other planets orbiting other stars, and the probability of bringing on our own destruction by revealing ourselves to a dangerously aggressive extraterrestrial civilization would be no greater than the probability of the Earth being suddenly rendered uninhabitable by the impact of a planet-killer sized asteroid. Just a one in 100 million years probability event.

A very speculative report, indeed.

There are [just] four malicious extraterrestrial civilizations in [our own] Milky Way galaxy, researcher estimates"

Jason Koebler for VICE; May 26, 2022.
https://www.vice.com/en/art...researcher-estimates

They were counting the Democrats as malicious aliens, right?

So, is that four or five?
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2022 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ricardo Montalban '82
Ricardo Montalban '75
Carlos Montalban '80

The Day the Earth Stood Still - the Origins of Science Fiction

Strange, that the military hasn't come out to say that their nuclear weapons have been sabotaged, molested, and messed with.
Trident subs colliding with gigantic submerged, and undetected, UFOs. Yikes !
All knowing, all powerful, appearing as supernatural beings, from heaven in the Orion Constellation, 800 ly distant.
Our fathers who live in heaven, spreading their apple seeds, sowing their oats, for all time.
We are their children, made in their image.

In his book ' Decoding the Message of the Pulsars ',
Paul LaViolette shows that pulsars are distributed in space in nonrandom co-ordinates, holding significant galactic locations,
and, that their signals are of intelligent design.

Time well spent reading through, twice, making notes, doing the calculations, the observations, by telescope, by Hubble.
Exciting revelations, that advanced civilizations inhabit the galaxy and have done so for time approaching infinity, for all time.
The purpose of the Pyramids, a communications complex, a travel port to Orion, by microwave radiation.

' Start the Reactor '

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they could be them

or they could be us

the UFO'S are something but what and from where

some think space''men'' or aliens maybe but kind of unlikely
as the distances are just insanely huge

or time travelers from our future who are studying history but do not interact
as they fear changes to the time line
maybe as some hints about time and space are being studied
and seam to say maybe we can send devices if not people back in time

so there are two choices not just extraterrestrial but also us looking back

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

they could be them

or they could be us

the UFO'S are something but what and from where

some think space''men'' or aliens maybe but kind of unlikely
as the distances are just insanely huge

or time travelers from our future who are studying history but do not interact
as they fear changes to the time line
maybe as some hints about time and space are being studied
and seam to say maybe we can send devices if not people back in time

so there are two choices not just extraterrestrial but also us looking back

On this, we agree.

As Hamlet said to Horatio: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone wrote into the Newspaper about aliens visiting Earth- I thought it was really funny (With an edge of truth) so I cut it out and saved it;

The best proof for Inteligent life in the universe is that they have NOT tried to contact us...

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 05-27-2022).]

WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2022 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
☝️?

------------------
Curtis

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT:
<Drives like a Go-Kart, handles like a roller coaster>

PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2022 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The agenda is scheduled by the majority party.

I find it surprising that the Dems would push the Pentagon about anything.

Joe, I know that you know that it is common knowledge that the Dems have/are pushing the Pentagon to shove Woke Identity Politics down our war fighter's throats. You must have just forgotten about that for a moment, you know??

[This message has been edited by Notorio (edited 06-18-2022).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2022 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, there is that.

I know many soldiers; active, reserve and retired.

The Woke agenda won't get far with any of them.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2022 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Woke"..?

I don't see the connection.

I think there is less to this recent Congressional hearing than meets the eye.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2022 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2022 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Woke"..?

I don't see the connection.

I think there is less to this recent Congressional hearing than meets the eye.

My bad, off topic, was just raising an Example of where Dems were actually pushing the Pentagon. White Fragility, Anti-Racism, etc. training is being done. Whether many of our war fighters Believe It is something else (< 1%?), as is whether or not the Woke leadership will punish offenses and purge offenders. I think the latter is a guaranteed outcome, but we shall see.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock