3rd gen Firebird knowledge? by Oregon88
Started on: 01-14-2022 02:22 AM
Replies: 5 (249 views)
Last post by: BHall71 on 06-23-2023 09:27 PM
Oregon88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2022 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. I’ve been on this forum for a long time now and I’ve got to say I love this place.

Even more so when I visit forums from other car groups. Man the guys here are so dedicated and passionate about Fieros. It really is amazing.

That being said.
Does anyone here have knowledge about 3rd gen firebirds? Or know of a good forum or place other than my Hanes manual where I can get good info on Firebirds?

I’m aware that Camaros are very similar and the LG4 motor was placed in many other vehicles of the era.

I recently acquired a very nice 1981 Trans Am. Yeah it’s got the LG4 motor and I know it’s under powered, but it is a beauty, only 50k original miles and it looks almost brand new. I’ve always loved these cars because growing up, a neighbor had one that I walked by everyday just to look at and that car really kicked off my love of cars. Also Smokey and the bandit was a huge inspiration of course!

Well I know nothing about these cars other than general knowledge gained from having other cars. ‘96 Silverado 5.7L Z71 , ‘69 chevelle Malibu w/ swapped 350, the fiero obviously, and a few Asian cars over the years.

So any pointers would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2022 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a web forum dedicated to 3rd gen F-bodies. Oddly enough, it's called thirdgen.org 😎
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2022 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh wow lol

I was so tired when I wrote the post.

I meant 2nd gen Firebird forum
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2022 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my best friend in HS was always bragging about what car his father was getting him....We were both crazy about the Pantera because our dentist had one- So he bragged about his father buying him one of them...but when he was going to pick it up, sadly, it had been smashed by a forklift....SO I knew not to ever believe anything he said.

At the end of summer 1977, I was mowing the yard and down the street comes a Black w/gold pinstripes Trans Am...the first one I had ever seen in person.....Stopped at my driveway and the window went down ("Oh wow- maybe they are going to ask for directions...This is Soooooo cool!") I see an older lady, and as I lean down to make eye-contact with the driver I hear my buddy's voice, "Hey, Eric- what do you think of my new car?" (I continued on down to my knees where I started beating my fists against the cement; "No-No-No!!!"

(He totaled that TA six months later)

Also, back around 1984-5, I met Herb Adams (the engineer that convinced Pontiac to make the TA actually handle good) at an Autocross event at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds.

Here is a forum dedicated to 2nd-gen F-birds; https://www.firebirdnation....rebird-1970-1981.76/
Oregon88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2022 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Oregon88Send a Private Message to Oregon88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the stories!

Thanks!
BHall71

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2023 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BHall71Send a Private Message to BHall71Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't an '81 be a 2nd gen?

Brian

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock