Lebaron Fuel Issue (Flooding) by heypal
Started on: 10-14-2021 09:13 AM
Replies: 5 (65 views)
Last post by: LitebulbwithaFiero on 10-19-2021 08:49 AM
heypal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2021 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I recently bought a '90 Lebaron convertible. It has sat for a couple years. 3.0 V6. Turns over but does not start. Fuel pouring out of the throttle body. Bad fuel pressure regulator?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2021 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not worked on any Chrysler's, but I would think there would be a shrader valve some where to hook a fuel pressure gauge to.

I assume this is throttle body injected?

Could be an injector stuck open?
heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2021 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it's multi port. Very similar to the set up on the 2.8L Fiero. However, Chrysler doesn't provide a schrader valve to attach a gauge. Jerks.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2021 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like injectors stuck open more so then fpr.

How much gas is in the oil?

heypal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2021 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heypalSend a Private Message to heypalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A fair amount. When I pull the dipstick, the level is about 1/4" above the full line and the color is fairly light. Should the injectors be pulled and cleaned?? The plenum is currently off (in order to pull the FPR) the engine so they would be easy to pull at this point.
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2021 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is up to you. It can be hard to find a place to clean and test them. And they may be fine already.

On some cars, the injectors are retained well into the fuel rail. This allows to pull the injectors out of the manifold and pressurize the fuel rails to see if the injectors are holding.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock