66 mustang by Miel
Started on: 12-03-2020 11:00 AM
Replies: 5 (163 views)
Last post by: Miel on 12-06-2020 03:04 AM
Miel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2020 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MielSend a Private Message to MielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to also show off my previous project now I am on this forum. Current project is a 85 Fiero GT and this was my previous project.
The car is an 1966 Ford Mustang original with a 6 cylinder. Now the car has a 347 Stroker putting out about 400HP with a T5 5 speed transmission. Othe upgrades are a 4 point roll cage, front slotted disc brakes, front coil overs and vinyl wrap. The original colors when I bought it were extrior Cream white, interior: Cream White, Green and brown.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2020 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! How's the T5 handling the 400 HP? Do you have to baby it?
Miel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2020 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MielSend a Private Message to MielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T5 handles it great. Whole drive train was custom build. The rear end is a custom build 8". I know it's not as strong as a 9" but with it being build it seems fine and the 8" is known to have a lot less parasitic loss. I have about 6K miles on it now and no issues (other than a distributor cap failure). An I do drive it hard and take it to the drag strip a few times a year. It's a non timed event with only 1/8 mile so don't have any time on it. Based on timing it from a video I ran it about 6.67 on the 1/8 mile so I think it should do an 11 second 1/4 mile. Not too bad for N/A. It's very fun to drive but does not like corners like the Fiero.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2020 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2020 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got any tips on cleaning scuffs off the flat black paint? One of mine is painted with the Mach I hood paint and there are a couple of spots where something has marked the car and it won't just wipe off. A Fiero dash did one of them and working it over might polish the paint?
Miel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2020 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MielSend a Private Message to MielEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

Got any tips on cleaning scuffs off the flat black paint? One of mine is painted with the Mach I hood paint and there are a couple of spots where something has marked the car and it won't just wipe off. A Fiero dash did one of them and working it over might polish the paint?

Sorry, not sure. I wrapped mine so scuffs don’t really happen and if they do I have half a roll back.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock