Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  I guess you could say he turned a Firebird into a Fiero....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I guess you could say he turned a Firebird into a Fiero.... by 2.5
Started on: 05-04-2018 03:46 PM
Replies: 9 (637 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-28-2018 10:48 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...Except with a kit body of some Ferrari - ish looking sort on the outside.
Interesting video.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2018 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All that work... and it's an automatic. That just ruins it for me. Gotta admire his skills though.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

All that work... and it's an automatic. That just ruins it for me. Gotta admire his skills though.

I agree, also I actually wish it still looked like a Firebird, instead of the body kit.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2018 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I actually wish it still looked like a Firebird, instead of the body kit.

I don't mind the body kit, but I wouldn't have chosen the 180° firing order exhaust headers that he installed. He's been roasted multiple times in the YouTube comments for making this beast of a V8 sound like a V6.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it sounds like a 3800. LOL

That said, the bodywork and mid-engine conversion are pretty cool.

Edit to add: for anyone else watching the video, the engine doesn't start up until around the 18:00 mark. The first 18 minutes is the owner describing the build in an extremely long-winded fashion, while saying "uhh" every 2-3 seconds.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-16-2018).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

The first 18 minutes is the owner describing the build in an extremely long-winded fashion, while saying "uhh" every 2-3 seconds.

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything ... but I couldn't believe how painful it was trying to listen to the guy. I admit to fast-forwarding to near the end of the video, just to hear the engine... and then that was a disappointment as well.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2018 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is weird the idle sounded good until he accelerated.
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2018 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the one hand, I admire the quality of the work and the attention to detail. But the final product is massively underwhelming. A 4500lb car with a yesteryear drivetrain stuffed in the ass-end of a poor Ferrari-esque body? I know the 3rd gen F-bodies are pretty heavy to start with, but adding nearly 1,000 pounds seems criminal. If it made 1200hp or something you'd say, hey, ok, but 650? From 604ci? That's only 65hp/l - it makes me cringe. I'll bet a totally stock 2018 Camaro SS would smoke it in every way.

Also, just a personal annoyance, but the assertion that air bag suspension will hold even a candle to a new Ferrari demonstrates complete ignorance about both topics.

[This message has been edited by thesameguy (edited 05-22-2018).]

sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-22-2018 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He shoulda bought a GTM.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2018 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

He shoulda bought a GTM.

A Google Tag Manager?

Oh, you mean one of these!

Yeah, not too shabby.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave