Started on: 10-02-2015 07:24 PM
Replies: 43 (1280 views)
Last post by: JJFieroFan on 10-15-2016 02:54 PM
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Holy chits how have I never seen this thread before?

That little thing is cool!

I have no idea how you missed it and thanks! I think it's very cool too.

I officially registered it today and it is now road legal. I still have some work to do, but now I can drive it, weather permitting.

Here's what's in store over the next few months.....in time for spring/summer driving:

-replace worn out & leaky power steering rack with a new manual one

-replace hideous wooden Grant steering wheel with an OEM or nicer aftermarket wheel (a thin rimmed 3-spoke one would be nice)

-replace blue seat covers with black ones

-install new tires

-alignment

-replace rear main seal & oil pan (the seal has always leaked, but somehow I managed to put a huge dent on the bottom of the pan)

That's pretty much it. Less than $1000 and it'll be a nice fair weather toy. Given the power this thing has, I'll probably buy 2 sets of rear tires.

Over time I'll be replacing the rubber weatherstripping, which has completely crumbled into nothing as well as a few other cosmetic things that need addressing. I'll post pics and videos after I do the stuff listed and when the snow is gone.....probably in March sometime.

Getting the Datsun "finished", starting work on my Austin-Healey restoration, having some major work done to the old '88 GT and a "surprise" birthday present for me this summer will make 2016 a VERY fun car year.

IP: Logged
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2016 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by FriendGregory:

Added front disks only to my 64 Fairlane, no problem.

I bled the brakes and they work much better than they did before. I'll know better once I actually get out and drive it this spring. I have researched a few fairly easy brake swaps that I may do if I feel the brakes are still inadequate.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2016 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick update. I installed a set of new tires and drove it to it's new home (I lost my garage space and had to rent something 15 miles away). It drives well, but is scary at highway speeds. It wanders (still needs an alignment, so that may take care of that) and the brakes are useless. I will need to upgrade the front brakes and add a remote booster....not a big deal, just more $$. .

As I was pulling up to the new warehouse I lost the clutch. Evidently, with all the work I did to it I managed to allow the clutch cable to rest up against the header and it blew out the cable. D'oh!

I have the next few weeks off of work and will get it up & running again soon. I still need to replace the rack & pinion and get the interior sorted, but it's getting there slowly but surely.
JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2016 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you ever decide to sell it shoot me a pm. Love the color and I would love the ugly blue seats. I have the fiero GT and two Nissans, so I would love to get a decent one or a 240/280z. It's on the bucket list.

------------------
JJFieroFan
85 2m6 (85-91) should have kept it
85 2m6 (CLONE) (00-14) sold to a friend
87 Fiero GT (13-now)
07 Nissan Murano SL AWD (07-now)
15 Nissan Juke S AWD (15-now)

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 10-15-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic