Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Other Cars
  What other cars besides fieros do you own/have you owned? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
What other cars besides fieros do you own/have you owned? by clydefrog4963
Started on: 06-01-2014 02:35 AM
Replies: 148 (4714 views)
Last post by: BillS on 01-20-2023 07:40 PM
carwhisperer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carwhispererSend a Private Message to carwhispererEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't own a Ferrari but I do have a car built on a Fiero chassis. VW Rabbit Mk1 Cabriolet on Fiero chassis with L67 and HX40 turbo.

Then I have this genuine 1995 Ferrari F355 spider.

1984 Rabbit Mk1 powered by Honda D-series.

1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel D250. Wheelbase shortened 18 inches. Step side bed.
IP: Logged
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2016 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok! You bumped this page with some very nice cars ( The Ferrari I love) But what's up with the Mad Max Fiero? More Info please.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davylong86:

Ok! You bumped this page with some very nice cars ( The Ferrari I love) But what's up with the Mad Max Fiero? More Info please.

Check here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/135093.html
Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2016 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carwhisperer:
Then I have this genuine 1995 Ferrari F355 spider.

OK, so I am officially jealous..................!!!

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

carwhisperer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carwhispererSend a Private Message to carwhispererEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marko:

OK, so I am officially jealous..................!!!

Yah, it is pretty cool. I do have a lot more money in than I am used to having tied up in a car. I won't disclose what I actually have in it, but let's just say it's less than a lot of people pay for a new pickup truck.

And, this car, like most of them (or just about any older car), does have issues. If you want to learn more about them and might think about owning one, you can find out quite a bit on Ferrarichat.com.

Pancake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PancakeSend a Private Message to PancakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhh, this game. Roll out the car ADD list...

88 Celica
85 Supra
85 Datsun pickup (I miss that truck!)
91 Dodge Dynasty
84 BMW 318i
89 BMW 325i
69 F100
76 RX7
76 BMW 2002
92 VW GTi (sadly 8v)
84 Datsun 4x4
85 MR2 (that never ran)
90 Range Rover (still have it)
91 Miata
2001 BMW 540i M sport (awful car that should have been good, the only car on this list I financed)
93 BMW 325i convertible (still have it)
87 Dodge Raider (badge engineered Montero)
92 BMW 525i wagon with a dealership installed 5 speed stick (still have it)

I think that's the list. BMWs are a recurrent theme because they're fun to drive and easy to wrench on, except for that awful 540i

[This message has been edited by Pancake (edited 04-13-2016).]

NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not listing my Fieros as I've had a LOT. But non-Fiero:
1984 F150 supercab long bed
1979 GMC Sierra reg cab shorted 4x4 8inch lift
1991 Grand Am 4dr
1978 GMC Sierra reg cab long bed
1979 Chevy k1500 reg cab shorted 454 4spd 4x4 12inch lift
1989 S10 reg cab shortbed 4x4 350 6inch lift
1979 F350 crew cab shortbed 460 stroker 4spd 4x4 12inch lift
1984 Celica Supra GT digital dash 4spd dual turbo +75 shot
1996 F150 supercab Eddie Bauer 351 4x4
1974 Cadillac El Dorado 500ci
1985 Firebird Trans Am 305 top ws6 suspension
1996 Sonoma excab 4.3L vinX 5spd vortec supercharger +100shot
1977 F150 supercab long bed
1998 Ram 1500 reg cab shorted
1994 Mazda Protege
1999 Mazda Protege
2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
1995 F150 XL reg cab long bed
1978 Firebird Formula Hurst Hatch
2008 F150 supercrew
1995 Pathfinder 3.0l 5spd
2004 Olds Alero
2005 Mazda Tribute
2005 Saturn Ion Redline
2014 Mazda3
2008 F150 supercab shorted
2005 GTO LS2 M6
1979 F150 Ranger reg cab long bed
1978 F150 reg cab long bed

The 86 GT I just bought is the 3rd I currently own, but it makes the 43rd I have owned to date.

[This message has been edited by NSAN1T (edited 04-13-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 04-20-2016).]

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2016 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Short list for me compared to some of you, but in order of acquisition:

1976 Chevy Monte Carlo. 350, white with dark red vinyl interior and no AC. Dark vinyl: Such fun on hot Michigan summer days.
1976 Chevy Monte Carlo 400, 4bbl. Silver with blue/silver cloth interior. Ah, cloth. And AIR CONDITIONING.
***both of these had the front bench seats. Always wished one had the swivel buckets- such a novel thing. ***
1987 Fiero GT. Blue. Currently has a 3.4 and is about 90% restored. Bought when I graduated from college in 1991.
1986 Jeep CJ-7. Dark gray, straight 6, 4 speed manual. Paid $4900 for it in 1992 and had put over $6000 into it when we sold it in the late 90s or early 2000s. Fun car to drive around with the top and doors off...on the ten days a year when it's warm enough to do that in Seattle.
1995 Toyota 4Runner. V6, five speed. Bought used in 1999 or so. Great car. Sold to a friend.
1999 Toyota Sienna. Light metallic green, V6. Still own but will be selling soon. Was wifey's daily driver.
2005 Toyota 4Runner. V6, auto. Dark blue. Still own; my daily driver. Also a great car.
2008 Saturn Sky Redline. Red on red/black leather. Fun car. Sunny day car only; rarely have the top up. 290HP/340TQ. Has about 23,000 miles now.
1959 Austin Healey Sprite (Mark 1 "Bugeye"). Wifey's fun car. British racing green on doeskin interior. Upgraded 1275cc engine with Datsun five speed (both are very common upgrades to the Mark 1). Front disk brakes. Such a fun, FUN car to drive around.
2016 Subaru Outback. Wifey's daily driver.

So yes, at the moment we have six cars here, with one essentially for sale. Here are the fun/sporty ones:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey carwhisperer,

From what you've posted, you seem to do some pretty wild conversions and such. I have an idea I've been kicking around and I'm curious if you think it's doable/worth contemplation or possible pursuit.

I was REALLY into minitrucks back in the day. Had my 84 Nissan Kingcab slammed with air shocks, loud stereo and several body mods. Well, I have been looking for a older Bullet Side Datsun 620 (prefer kingcab because of how I like to sit) in restoreable shape. I recall seeing I think it was a Toyota where the owner had taken the FWD engine and trans from a Ford Taurus SHO and installed it in the bed area of the truck. I had also box notched my truck, so I got to thinking with an actual frame rather than a unibody, modifications like that would be easier. That made me start looking at sports car chassis.

Lotus Elise.

Vector W8.

C5 Corvette.

Mostly, body on frame rather than unibody. Some are kind of psuedo frame/unibody.

I also remember reading about a kit car a highschool auto shop class in Pittsburgh, I think it was, built as a hybrid project. The used the K1 Attack kit for use with the Honda Accord. The car itself is kind of neat looking but the front suspension was a departure from what is so common. That caught my eye.

So, what I have been thinking on is a minitruck project. I don't want it to be the 1/2" off the ground with out air in the shocks like I had way back when. I don't want it to be the terrible handling that I had way back when. But I do want it to be stylishly low and handle well. My idea was that with a frame I could move the engine to mid configuration like in that truck I saw so many years ago in the magazine. I know it's a popular engine as far as Fiero's go, but the 3800 has a lot of appeal to me for it's power and durability along with fuel consumption. This would of course require a redesign of the rear suspension to go along with the FWD trans being used back there. That would free up the front engine bay which could be redesigned for better suspension up there along the lines of the K1 Attack, but lower profile so it's not sticking up out of the hood. Essentially, I want to upgrade the suspension to something much better while making the truck mid engined. I would probably do a body drop as well to retain suspension travel while still having that low appearance. I don't want to do air bags.

Anyways, considering the projects you've worked on, do you think that's workable? I do know how to weld, worked in a machine shop for about 10 years, have been wrenching on cars since I was 17 including about 10 engine or transmission swaps and have torn down and repaired tractors quite a bit as well.

Oh, this is the frame from a 620 (a little modified with what looks to be a V6 on it) and also a picture of a 620.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-14-2016).]

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that ^ ^ ^ is freakin' cool!
PFF
System Bot
Pancake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2016 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PancakeSend a Private Message to PancakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh, definitely do it! I love old Datsun pickups, that would be incredible.

My project idea that's never likely to happen is to get a 521 or 620 short bed and build what's essentially a Japanese model A pickup build. Motorcylce fenders over the front wheels, a deuce coupe radiator, high chrome L16-20 with a pair of sidedrafts, and a cherrywood bed. Of course it would be awful tempting to lengthen the front and stick a L28 out there with a trio of sidedrafts.
FieroCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2016 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1991 Toyota Previa minivan
1991 Geo Metro LSi convertible
1992 Geo Metro XFi
2008 Chevy Aveo SV

As of now I have both my '86 Fiero GT and the Geo Metro XFi.

[This message has been edited by FieroCat (edited 04-15-2016).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pancake:

Oh, definitely do it! I love old Datsun pickups, that would be incredible.

Yeah, I like the Datsun trucks the most. Another option I considered was a 1st gen. Chevy Luv. My father had a Luv when I was a teen and I had been considering buying it from him to lower and all but I wanted a kingcab so I had room for woofers and ended up with a 84 Nissan/Datsun 720 (transition year model). Probably a good thing in retrospect thinking about the rear suspension on the Luv. Moving the axle from below to above the leaf springs would have lowered it in the rear about 3" without the use of blocks but that would have left just about no suspension travel so it would have needed notched right off. At least with the 720 I was able to use 3" blocks that lasted me 5 years or so before I wanted to go lower and did the notch along with pulling leafs and adding air shocks all around. I've tried to think of another truck in case I just can't find a Datsun 620 in decent shape (I know I have little chance of finding a rust free one). The Luv is one possible but it's also a common truck for doing a V8 swap into so finding one isn't all that easy either. The other hard to find but high on the list that would work is the 1st gen, Dodge D50/Ram 50 or Plymouth Arrowhead. I would prefer the Datsun but could live with the Dodge.
Fiero 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2016 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 88Send a Private Message to Fiero 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1988 Fiero coupe
1988 Mustang
1992 LeBaron GTC convertible
1994 Intrepid
2004 Cavalier
2004 Frontier 4x4
2007 Altima
2009 Versa
2003 Durango
2005 300
2011 Fiesta
2012 Patriot
2014 Altima
2004 Mustang
2013 Soul
1984 Fiero
1986 Fiero (soon)

Current stable is the 2014 Altima, 2013 Soul and the 1986 Fiero I'll be picking up in a few hours.

Relatively long list for a 32 year old.

[This message has been edited by Fiero 88 (edited 04-16-2016).]

Dylpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2016 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DylproSend a Private Message to DylproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In order of ownership:
1. 1994 Ford Taurus SHO (Sold)
2. 1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula
3. 1998 Ford Taurus GL (Traded to have Fiero painted)
4. Technically 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Scrapped)
5. 1989 Toyota MR2 base

The story with the Jeep goes so, I bought the Jeep from a close friend who didn't know much of cars. It had some problem with a loud lifter, something I read was common with the 4.0l Jeep engine so I went ahead and bought it for $450. I drove about a block away from his house and the engine seized up. Being a close friend he gave me my money back and I believe they scrapped it. Technically I owned it as we had signed over the title and everything. I was lucky I knew him otherwise I'd have been screwed. Although I think at that price I could've parted it out and made my money back.

The '98 Taurus I bought for $400 then traded to a guy for a garage paint job on my Fiero. Not the best but worth what I essentially paid.

By far my favourite is the Fiero, but there are still days I long for my SHO.

I think it's funny, at age 18 I've owned more cars than my dad has owned in his entire life! My direct family never had the car bug like I do. Something I got from my uncles and even my grandfathers. My dad has owned a Corolla, Grand Marquis, and now a Traverse

[This message has been edited by Dylpro (edited 04-21-2016).]

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2016 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a lot of fond memories of my '89 SHO. I had a first-month production car without a rev limiter and a total base model with no leather or sunroof or anything. It was light and could hit 70mph in 2nd without breaking a sweat. It was *really* fast if you could get the crappy transmission to play nice - talk about long throws! My favorite memory was taking a couple friends out to a late dinner when an early '90s Celica pulled up the light next to me - little impromptu street race between a 4-door family hauler and a Japanese sports car. Not even an issue, the SHO left it in the dust. Next light, same thing, even worse. With two car lengths between us a third car passed the Celica in my wake, and next light a 3rd gen Camaro was sitting next to us. My two friends were dying - we're three up in a Ford Taurus and an F-body wants a try! Light went green, a little smoke from the right front wheel and the Camaro was in the rear view a few moments later. We had to pull over I was laughing so hard at that point. That car was unstoppable in the early '90s. But, by the mid '90s cars were getting a lot more power - Nissan has the 230hp VQ motors, BMW had the 300hp M62s, and pony cars got real V8s again - and the SHO didn't seem quite the powerhouse it originally had. Too bad the next generation cars were such a disappointment!
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2016 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

95 Dodge Neon.
96 Dodge Neon.
The 95 was the driver. The 96 was bought with a bad engine but a nice interior and body so I could swap parts over to the 95 and fix it up.

Is that color Neon a standard color for that year? I've seen one that looks just like that one at a dealership where I live. I think the wheels look very similar as well. I'll have to go to that dealership and take a pic to see for sure.

[This message has been edited by iced_theater (edited 04-24-2016).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2016 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iced_theater:
Is that color Neon a standard color for that year? I've seen one that looks just like that one at a dealership where I live. I think the wheels look very similar as well. I'll have to go to that dealership and take a pic to see for sure.

In short, No.

Long answer, I had about 1/2 a gallon of a yellow left from another job, about a quart of a red and a little white. I just mixed the yellow and red and then added a little bit of white at a time until I felt it was muted enough. I kept telling my wife I was going to paint one of our cars orange someday and the Neon was the recipient. Overall, I liked it .

I have seen other Neons with a similar orange color though so I believe they did make them in a orange like that. At the time they made Neons in a variety of muted colors. They had a muted blue, auqamarine and purple among others.
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
08 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited

[

Sorry the pictures are so big. I use Photobucket to host the pictures, an I've gone back to Photobucket several times and resized the pictures, but the size isn't changing in the forum. I'm most likely doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. The last size I set up in Photobucket was 250W X 150 H but the forum size never gets any smaller. I give up.

Trying to resize again.

[This message has been edited by johnt671 (edited 04-27-2016).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2016 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnt671:

08 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited

Sorry the pictures are so big. I use Photobucket to host the pictures, an I've gone back to Photobucket several times and resized the pictures, but the size isn't changing in the forum. I'm most likly doing something wrong but I don't know what it is. The last size I set up in Photobucket was 250W X 150 H but the forum size never gets any smaller. I give up.

You didn't do anything wrong. The photo was just cached in your machine so you didn't see the change but the change did happen .

PFF
System Bot
johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I see the picture is way small. I'll give it another go since there is some hope it will work out.
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the one at the dealership here.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the one at the dealership here.

Well, I'm in the Ogden area of Utah. Evanston is about 70 miles from me. My daughter had the car and sold it to a friend of hers. She had problems with it stalling.. She took it to her brother who I was told worked in a garage. They "tried" to fix it. It had compression. It had spark. It had fuel pressure. However, it just kept running rough and then stalling on her. I told them if it has all of that check the injectors because it sat at my daughters place for a year or so without being driven. I told them it probably just has clogged injectors after sitting that long. Her brother instead bought a new coil pack for it. No change. They supposedly acquired a different computer, still no change. They never did check the injectors instead opted to call a auto wrecker. If you ever stop to look at it, see if inside the door jambs are still blue. If they are, it's the same one. They might have fixed it rather than scrap it. I never got around to painting inside the jambs or the inside door frames and such. Honestly I didn't take much time painting the car really. I just did not like the faded out blue with peeling clear. So I sprayed what I had on it and saved the quart or so that was left to do detail work if I kept it or ever got around to it. Daughter ended up needing a car so... Really though, that looks just like it. If the wheels are Tenzo it probably is. Oh, another way. Check the vin on the dash verses the vin on the door. If they are different, then that's another indicator. The 96 had quite a few dents in and the 95 I had didn't. So I pulled a bunch of the body parts off the 95 and swapped them with the 96. I also did a lot of the interior panels as well. Another thing, if it has the DOHC humped hood on it (which the pic looks like it does) but it's a SOHC engine, the hood came of the 95 with the DOHC engine in it. The 96 hood had a bunch of rust along the front edge.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-28-2016).]

iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same car, this one is in Rock Springs which is 100 miles from Evanston. The salesperson said they replaced the transmission in it. Also only showed I think 90k miles give or take if I remember correctly.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2016 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same car, this one is in Rock Springs which is 100 miles from Evanston. The salesperson said they replaced the transmission in it. Also only showed I think 90k miles give or take if I remember correctly.

Sounds about right. It was somewhere around 85k when my daughter bought it from us. She drove it for a couple of months and then her and her fiancee got a place together. He had a Saturn SL and a Ford F-250 and since they are planning on getting married she started driving his Saturn. She parked it in my garage for about a year then sold it. Pulled the stereo I had in it out though before she did. They are looking at replacing the Saturn with a Toyota 4Runner and she wants me to install the stereo in it like I had in the Neon before she bought it.

This is a while building pic and then a done pic. You can see the blue on the upper edge and the purple trunk lid corners from the 95 body parts I swapped it with.

Edit: Ahh, what the heck some picks from the painting to. I only had evenings to devote to working on it so I painted it in steps.

Over all, I really enjoyed that car. I wouldn't mind having another one possibly but I'd want a 2 door and would rather swap a different engine in. The stock engines are interference engines .

If that is the car, which honestly I think it is, I wonder if it still has the sub boxes in it. We just pulled the 10's and left the enclosures.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 04-28-2016).]

Supracoupe

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had many cars through the years. Some of my favorites.

69 Chevelle SS

65 Impala SS

77 Celica

1983 Supra. Just got this back and will be restoring it. It's had a very rough time in the last 10 years.

Supracoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Supracoupe

111 posts
Member since Dec 2015
Oh, and forgot my 1994 Supercoupe. Still have this one.

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love your Supra - it's a little *too* hella flush for my liking, but I wouldn't kick it out of the garage. Very nice, very jealous!
Supracoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2016 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

I love your Supra - it's a little *too* hella flush for my liking, but I wouldn't kick it out of the garage. Very nice, very jealous!

Yeah, think this time around the wheel/tire combo will be a bit more in the "normal" range, LOL.

Pancake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2016 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PancakeSend a Private Message to PancakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Supra still running a stock 5M-GE? My first "real" car was an 85 Supra that had a 3.0 6M swapped in and a custom intake and exhaust setup, that thing was pretty quick for only about 200hp. I actually had all the hardware from a 7M turbo motor to swap on to it but never got around to it.

[This message has been edited by Pancake (edited 05-06-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
Supracoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2016 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That Supra still running a stock 5M-GE? My first "real" car was an 85 Supra that had a 3.0 6M swapped in and a custom intake and exhaust setup, that thing was pretty quick for only about 200hp. I actually had all the hardware from a 7M turbo motor to swap on to it but never got around to it.

Yes, still stock. It was given to my son so didn't want him to kill himself, LOL. I haven't decided yet what engine change I'll go with, if any, during the restore.
Pancake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2016 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PancakeSend a Private Message to PancakeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Supracoupe:

It was given to my son so didn't want him to kill himself.

Funny you mention that, one of my most vivid memories is looking down the long hood of that car at a ditch when I punched it in 2nd going up a hill not realizing it had a lot more power then what I was used to. Thankfully I'd been taught to countersteer by my brother in law for gravel driving and held it . Decades ago, I was 19 and pretty dumb at the time.

The thing that's kept me from getting another one if Toyota couldn't care less about old Supra parts. A lot of the MA61 parts are NLA and finding parts for the much more common MA70s (3rd gen Supras) is hard. They just want you to buy a new car instead *eyeroll*

[This message has been edited by Pancake (edited 05-10-2016).]

Supracoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2016 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Funny you mention that, one of my most vivid memories is looking down the long hood of that car at a ditch when I punched it in 2nd going up a hill not realizing it had a lot more power then what I was used to. Thankfully I'd been taught to countersteer by my brother in law for gravel driving and held it . Decades ago, I was 19 and pretty dumb at the time.

The thing that's kept me from getting another one if Toyota couldn't care less about old Supra parts. A lot of the MA61 parts are NLA and finding parts for the much more common MA70s (3rd gen Supras) is hard. They just want you to buy a new car instead *eyeroll*

Yes, I've found the Fiero quite refreshing with the support out there. Never was much for the Supra or the Supercoupe I have for that matter. You really have to dig to find anything for them. The Fiero is a nice change.

[This message has been edited by Supracoupe (edited 08-06-2016).]

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2016 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Currently driving an '01 Jetta TDI. Comfy with all it's amenities, easy to drive, tones of torque and 40+mpg. I'm liking it.
Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
June 1999 - May 2003 87 Fiero Coupe 2.5L (My first car!) - CRASHED

Sept 2003 - March 2010 93 Acura Integra LS Special 1.8L (Daily driver / Show / Track) - SOLD

Dec 2006 - March 2016 91 Chevy S10 Blazer 4X4 4.3L (Utility / Daily driver after 2010) - SOLD

June 2013 - Current 2004 Toyota Echo 1.5L (Current daily driver with only 25K - thanks mom!)

July 2012 - Current 87 Fiero GT soon to be 3800sc (Current project - stay tuned!)

------------------
Fiero's Owned:

1987 Coupe 2.5 5spd May 99 - June 03
1987 GT V6 5spd July 30 2012 - Current

[This message has been edited by Fastfiero1 (edited 07-26-2016).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2016 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Instead of a Fiero, I brought my 72 Buick Skylark out this year to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, and to Camp Shipman.

Supracoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2016 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SupracoupeSend a Private Message to SupracoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2.5:

Instead of a Fiero, I brought my 72 Buick Skylark out this year to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, and to Camp Shipman.

Very Nice. I tried very hard to get a 66 Rivera when I purchased the Fiero, but the guy backed out on me. Always like the Skylarks as well.

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-18-2016 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to go in order..
1974 duster slant 6 autp gold with tan gut
1966 tempest more door ohc inline 6 auto
1966 lemans 326 v8 auto
1966 GTO black/black 389 4spd
1980 yellow firebird 301 auto
1985 t/a silver 305ho 5spd
1986 t/a red metallic 305ho 5spd
1980 sunbird 3 door 151 duke auto
1982 crossfire t/a red black recardo seat interior
1983 t/a black 305 4 spd
1980 tercel 4cyl stick
1982 s-10 izuzu 4 5spd 2wd
1988 f-250 4x4 35" tires and a get out of my way push bar 302/zf5spd
1997 f-150 2wd flare side 5.4 auto last black vehicle I'll ever own, tan gut
1971 el camino 396(402) th400
1971 chevelle 350 auto blue/blue
1970 chevelle ls5 auto DIY kit (bought in boxes)
1970 chevelle 396 auto also bought blown apart
1972 chevelle 350 auto red black gut
1985 cutlass 231 auto
1975 cutlass 260 auto
1985 buick lesab 2 door rear drive tank that gm thought a 231 v6 was a good idea
1985-6 caprice 2 door 305 auto tan/tan
1978 caprice/impala 2 door tan on tan.. 350 two barrel, 3spd
1989 grand mark 302 auto
2004 z71 4x4 5.3 auto green charcoal gut
1999 grand mark blue, blue 4.6 auto
1986 SS 305 auto
1986 2+2 305 auto
2006 HHR 2.4ltr auto
1971 c-10 long bed '81 cali 305 v8 th350 stage 1 gm crate vortec 350 ramjet cam and rockers, 2004r stage 2 496
2004 sport trac 4.0 v6 auto 4x4
1984 Indy
I'm sure I missed some street cars/trucks..

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

1966 tempest more door ohc inline 6..

I always thought it was weird those existed, how was that 6, where they American engines? I know where one of those cars is in a boneyard.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock