Replies: 13 (250 views)
Last post by: FieroMontreal on 04-08-2024 11:29 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the forum feels sluggish/slow that's because for the past 6 hours or so, a DDoS attack is going on directed at PFF.

All I can tell it's specifically directed at PFF and that it's originating from the US. I guess nothing more to do than to wait until the attacker gets bored and stops the attack.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never noticed anything, but I was probably asleep, during all the "festivities".
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2024 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know you were so popular.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2024 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Only in some people's heads.
jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2024 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I surf the forums at these hours, was not slow for me?
F Craigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2024 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy to say not much lag on phones, hope they give up soon.
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This and the bots in the mall confuse me to no end. This is a very niche car, and an even more niche forum... what does anyone stand to gain from messing with the site? Can't possibly be that much money in it. Especially when there are forums like LS1tech that have tons of users and likely tens of thousands of people to scam.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Additivewalnut:

This and the bots in the mall confuse me to no end. This is a very niche car, and an even more niche forum... what does anyone stand to gain from messing with the site? Can't possibly be that much money in it. Especially when there are forums like LS1tech that have tons of users and likely tens of thousands of people to scam.

I missed this whole thread. Yeah... my question exactly. What exactly is the specific draw to this site? Is there something on it, some content that's driving some autonomous system to target Pennock's? My guess, something from P&R is probably getting picked up by a web crawler, then getting flagged by some group (automatically), and then being targeted. I'd be interested to know what specifically. Although origination is from the U.S., my guess is that it's actually coming from somewhere else and they're merely using a redirector in the U.S. as a proxy.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are some trolls - former (now banned) users - who have a history of not liking Cliff, or this forum, or anyone having anything to do with it.
Wouldn't surprise me a bit if one of them was responsible. Or it could very well be someone else.

No big. As I said before, I never even noticed. So if they're trying to affect anything, they suck at it.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2024 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know that as of maybe a year ago I can no longer access the forums from my work computer. I keep getting a notice that the website is compromised and it gets blocked by the firewall. I had no issues accessing it for many years.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2024 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMontreal:

I know that as of maybe a year ago I can no longer access the forums from my work computer. I keep getting a notice that the website is compromised and it gets blocked by the firewall. I had no issues accessing it for many years.

Yeah, it's not. Not sure where that message comes from. Neither is it on any black list (except some corporate blacklists, but those are mainly based on location)
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2024 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

...except some corporate blacklists, but those are mainly based on location

The "NL" used to trigger my offices firewall due to it being out of the country.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2024 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

The "NL" used to trigger my offices firewall due to it being out of the country.

Mine as well. They didn't like anything with a "NL" suffix.

I was hoping that a US mirror could be set up, but I'm retired now, so it's a moot point.
(Shortly after I made that request, Covid became a thing and I started teleworking, so it was actually a moot point several years before I retired.)
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2024 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Yeah, it's not. Not sure where that message comes from. Neither is it on any black list (except some corporate blacklists, but those are mainly based on location)

Strange. I've been at the same job for a decade but it only started relatively recently. I'll copy the exact message next time and post it as is maybe it can help track down the issue.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock