Poll: white wall's on fiero? by F Craigg
Started on: 03-12-2024 07:21 PM
Replies: 48 (624 views)
Last post by: 87GT3800SC5SPD on 04-20-2024 11:15 PM
F Craigg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My father is being so generous to get me white wall tires and asked if I'm interested in putting it outward. What he suggested was to put it to a poll, So what's your opinion on white walled wheels, on my original 84 white fiero?

Edit: My tires are the thin one's 13's.

Proud owner of Starr,

-F Craigg

[This message has been edited by F Craigg (edited 03-12-2024).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thought is white walls out, to help break up the ridiculously tall side wall.

Ultimately it will be Finns choice, but chime in with your opinions.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had narrow white walls on one of my cars and it didn't look bad, but not wide white walls.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:
I've had narrow white walls on one of my cars and it didn't look bad, but not wide white walls.

These are only about a 1 inch stripe.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 03-12-2024).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It depends on how meticulous one is with tire cleanliness, but IMO dirty and/or scuffed whitewalls look awful.
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free tires are free tires and my thought is white walls IN!

------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe free to him...
They cost me $520.00, and I haven't had them mounted and balanced yet.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 03-12-2024).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2024 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White walls have always been classy to me, plus this is a classic car now so......white walls out for me.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't the Fiero originally come with raised white lettered Good Year Eagle GTs? I always thought that looked really cool.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Didn't the Fiero originally come with raised white lettered Good Year Eagle GTs? I always thought that looked really cool.

Raised white lettering is a different kettle of fish than whitewalls.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White walls in.
PFF
System Bot
richard in nc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

White walls in.

if i bought any car with great shape white walls id have them remounted inwards.

[This message has been edited by richard in nc (edited 03-13-2024).]

F Craigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

Maybe free to him...
They cost me $520.00, and I haven't had them mounted and balanced yet.

That must hurt "$520.00,". Once agin, thanks dad, can hardly wait to see them on!

[This message has been edited by F Craigg (edited 03-13-2024).]

Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
“Blackout” please…….
Kit
Vintage-Nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F Craigg:
thanks dad, can hardly wait to see them on!

My experience is whitewalls are more 'work' to keep them looking nice. IMHO, whitewalls are for 'show' cars, not 'daily drivers'

As Patrick Said:

It depends on how meticulous one is with tire cleanliness, but IMO dirty and/or scuffed whitewalls look awful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you have the tires in hand, and they're not mounted yet.....

Why not simply put a tire at the car's front wheel with the whitewalls inwards and outwards on the rear wheel?

You can stay back and look at the car to help you to decide - whitewalls inwards OR outwards......

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 03-13-2024).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F Craigg:

My father is being so generous to get me white wall tires and asked if I'm interested in putting it outward. What he suggested was to put it to a poll, So what's your opinion on white walled wheels, on my original 84 white fiero?

Edit: My tires are the thin one's 13's.

Proud owner of Starr,

-F Craigg

Wow, there are a couple of names I haven't seen in years! Finn I was the one that created this photo for your father that he gave you! I don't come on here very often as I now longer own any Fieros but still love them. Your pop is tops!

Dr. Will Hammond

1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

They could, it was an option, some came with black sidewalls, some came with raised white letter. I personally think the raised white letter looks good, but I don't know about full white walls. If you are meticulous in cleaning them, and your Fiero is white, it might look good, if you don't clean them as much as dentists recommend brushing teeth, mount them black out.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Wow, there are a couple of names I haven't seen in years! Finn I was the one that created this photo for your father that he gave you! I don't come on here very often as I now longer own any Fieros but still love them. Your pop is tops!

Dr. Will Hammond

We still have the mini photo album with that picture around here somewhere.
He has lived with me (I think) 13 years now.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 03-13-2024).]

Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just more to keep clean.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2024 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Generally, "inside".

Only reason I might consider it is because your car is white.

Your wheels are not black are they? If they are then definitely inside.
F Craigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Finn I was the one that created this photo for your father that he gave you! I don't come on here very often as I now longer own any Fieros but still love them. Your pop is tops!

Dr. Will Hammond

We still have that photo, Good memories. Happy that you visited, I think I have seen your posts way back in 2004 and your Fiero. My dad gifted me my dream car late last year.
Hope your dong well, nice meeting you Dr. Hammond.
PFF
System Bot
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2024 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Avoid white letters and white walls. They are a non structure rubber and poorer tires. Pluse white walls would look silly.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

Plus white walls would look silly.

+2

I agree; they belong to a totally different era. Wide whitewalls for a pre-60s car, narrow whitewalls for a 60s or 70s car, and no whitewalls for anything newer than that.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another vote for whitewalls "in".
I'm not sure I've ever noticed a Fiero with whitewalls. And I remember when blackwalls were considered "base" with the exception of when they were mounted on "sports cars".
My dad's 4 door Chevelle may have had whitewalls.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

My dad's 4 door Chevelle may have had whitewalls.

Yeah, my parents '67 4-dr sedan Chev Bel Air had whitewalls. They looked acceptable when the tires were new, but after a few years they looked rather grim.

fierojp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2024 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierojpClick Here to visit fierojp's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierojpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White in for sure.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finn sent me a text saying to do whitewall out.
I responded asking if he was sure.

Now's your last chance to chime in.

I work from the office next week, so I won't be able to get them mounted before April.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 03-21-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

Now's your last chance to chime in.

I suspect there's nothing we can say that's going to sway him. It's his car... and he apparently wants whitewall tires (facing out).
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was the only one that suggested white wall out. *EDIT IMSA GT was for white walls out.*
The size of these tires look like clown shoes.
I'm hoping the whtiewall will help make the ginormous black wall not look like a freak show.

Anyone good at photoshop?

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 03-22-2024).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White rubber has no real structural strength. It is the first yo fail if the tire runs hot. This is why there are no while lettered speed rated tires unless they are decals.

I would not use them on any cars anymore. It is an inferior tire. At least on a modern car.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2024 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

White rubber has no real structural strength. It is the first yo fail if the tire runs hot. This is why there are no while lettered speed rated tires unless they are decals.

I would not use them on any cars anymore. It is an inferior tire. At least on a modern car.

Meh. Love the look though. Mine is in foreground.

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2024 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think whitewalls look good on big old-school cars. Like, my grandfather's 2002 Ford Crown Victoria had white walls. But I've never really seen white walls on a sporty Pontiac. My uncle's 68 Firebird had redline tires... basically red stripes instead of white. I do definitely like the raised white lettering. I had BF Goodrich T/A Comps on my 1987 Fiero back in the day, and had the white lettering out. Loved the look... it was very old-school 80s.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2024 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
buddycraigg, did you ever recover all of your guns which fell overboard when Obama was elected.

Good to hear from you ! Come and visit me in Politics and Religion, .

I would not pay for white walls or white lettering and then hide them inside. I wouldn't place them outside either.
F Craigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2024 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Loved the look... it was very old-school 80s.

Me and my dad talked about it, we putting them on the outside. The tires look a bit odd with it being an all white car, think the stripe will help makes the tires blend.

------------------
Finn Craigg
-----------------------
Proud owner of Starr,
"Do you like 4 cyl?"

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2024 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F Craigg:

Me and my dad talked about it, we putting them on the outside. The tires look a bit odd with it being an all white car, think the stripe will help makes the tires blend.

It'll be kind of interesting with an all white car and white stripes. I'm interested to see what it looks like. Can you guys post pictures when it's done?

Thanks!
F Craigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2024 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F CraiggClick Here to visit F Craigg's HomePageSend a Private Message to F CraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
It'll be kind of interesting with an all white car and white stripes. I'm interested to see what it looks like. Can you guys post pictures when it's done?

Thanks!

I planned to, hope it comes out how I'm thinking.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2024 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
I would not pay for white walls or white lettering and then hide them inside. I wouldn't place them outside either.

Only one company make this tire size.
I had no choice.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2024 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White walls out for the unique look in the Fiero community!
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2024 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a Fiero, not a 57 Bel-Air coupe
Be an INNIE not an OUTIE.

bandi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2024 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bandiSend a Private Message to bandiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that will look terrible.

White letters, however...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay