Ground Effects? by labbe001
Started on: 03-06-2024 04:24 PM
Replies: 6 (187 views)
Last post by: Mickey_Moose on 03-11-2024 12:59 PM
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ground effects installed by PO seem to be backwards to me. Seems like the notched out area should be closer to the back.

I've looked online attempting to find these same effects and a reference pic for how they should be positioned but no luck. Wanted to get public opinion if these look backwards to you guys or am i just going crazy? lol
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks similar to the style used on a Cavalier Z24. I never liked the look personally. Always looked to me like the rocker had been damaged by a improperly positioned jack.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-06-2024).]

labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Looks similar to the style used on a Cavalier Z24. I never liked the look personally. Always looked to me like the rocker had been damaged by a improperly positioned jack.

Lol...I've always thought the same about it looking like a damaged rocker. The indent on the Cavalier looks pretty much centered so I would imagine they look about the same side to side. It just seems to me that the off center indent on the Fiero needs to be closer to the back. Maybe it's just me.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

It just seems to me that the off center indent on the Fiero needs to be closer to the back.

I don't disagree.

How are these aftermarket rocker panels attached? Does it look like you could "simply" switch them from one side to the other?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-06-2024).]

1985 Fiero GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2024 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those slightly bitter me because they don't like up with anything. I could see if they were designed to put the indent right in the center of the door , but it isn't even centered on that! Definitely makes it look like a damaged rocker panel haha!

In terms of which way it is supposed to be (assuming it is reversible) I would tend to think it would be closer to the back. Having this indent seems to almost make the mind think that it is an inherent that goes farther up the car, and considering some of the racing Fieros with wide rear fenders, I can see it being closer to the back, giving the illusion that the body comes out closer to the rear wheels for bigger tires or something.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remind me a bit of the e36 bmw ground effects. The ground effects can change entire look of car I used Holden ground effects molded my ground effects to my fenders and widened doors also.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2024 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since those are not factory GFX, then you are most likely stuck with how they are unless you are willing to modify them. Maybe you can swap sides with them, but that would all depend on how they are attached to the car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock