Started on: 02-16-2024 10:37 AM
Replies: 17 (364 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 03-26-2024 03:50 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2024 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can anyone tell me if they are aware of any Fieros in the Dominican Republic, any Fiero clubs in the DR, or any members on Pennocks who are from the Dominican Republic?

Appreciate it! My daughter vacationed there and wants to do a video on DR and Fieros... but isn't finding a whole lot.

Thanks!

Todd
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sleek fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2024 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Todd: Get ahold of LAFIERA as he has a house in the DR. I am sure Rae would be a wealth of information especially on Fieros in DR
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2024 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sleek fiero:

Hi Todd: Get ahold of LAFIERA as he has a house in the DR. I am sure Rae would be a wealth of information especially on Fieros in DR

Thanks Sleek... I'll have to PM him so he gets a notification.

@LaFiera (wish that worked! Haha)
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2024 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Thanks Sleek... I'll have to PM him so he gets a notification.

@LaFiera (wish that worked! Haha)

Yes Todd, I'm originally from DR!

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2024 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

La fiera

2197 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by La fiera:

Yes Todd, I'm originally from DR! I PMed you!

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2024 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What was the outcome?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2024 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spend some time every year in the DR (my wife is dominican and we have a house). I have never seen a Fiero, only one for sale at a dealer for $18000! https://www.carrosrd.com/ca...iac/Fiero/GT/l-52545
Cars are expensive, most roads are bad and the drivers are crazy. The DR has the highest traffic death toll in the world. I would not drive a Fiero there.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

I spend some time every year in the DR (my wife is dominican and we have a house). I have never seen a Fiero, only one for sale at a dealer for $18000! https://www.carrosrd.com/ca...iac/Fiero/GT/l-52545
Cars are expensive, most roads are bad and the drivers are crazy. The DR has the highest traffic death toll in the world. I would not drive a Fiero there.

Where's your house? I have one there too but mine is away from the city to avoid all the traffic. And I'm the Dominican in my family, so I know how these people drive!

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 02-26-2024).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2024 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where's your house? I have one there too but mine is away from the city to avoid all the traffic. And I'm the Dominican in my family, so I know how these people drive!

San Cristobal, where's yours? Yes traffic jams especially in Santo Domingo are horrible. Other than that real living in the DR is totally different than people think it is when they have a holiday in a resort, lol. But I try to spend more time there when it is winter here in the EU.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

San Cristobal, where's yours? Yes traffic jams especially in Santo Domingo are horrible. Other than that real living in the DR is totally different than people think it is when they have a holiday in a resort, lol. But I try to spend more time there when it is winter here in the EU.

Yeah, people always forget that the tropical places that people visit... are also "home" to other people. It's like in South Florida / Miami. You get so many people coming to visit, which is great... but there's other parts of South Florida you don't see. It's not bad, it's just not all pastel-colored buildings and croquetas. But there's the industrial side, the farming side, and even the rural side...

By the way, two questions for everyone... do you have any Fieros in the Dominican Republic, and also... is it OK if my daughter mentions your Pennock's name on her video as being a DR Fiero owner?

Also... I noticed you're in the Netherlands. My whole family on my dad's side is from there. Going to be there this summer... looking forward to visiting Zandvoort and buy Cliff a beer in person this time!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just found this on FB marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/ma...3d-866f-312e8ca2cd75
PFF
System Bot
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Fiero has a 2.0L turbo Toyota engine. If it was mine the first thing I do is toss that "Toyo" (Toyo= Dominican slang for mess) off to the dumpster!
And knowing is done there, I can imagine how many corners they cut!
sleek fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on Rae you are being a little harsh aren't you ? Hahaha sleek
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sleek fiero:

Come on Rae you are being a little harsh aren't you ? Hahaha sleek

LOL Its just having fun!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That Fiero has a 2.0L turbo Toyota engine. If it was mine the first thing I do is toss that "Toyo" (Toyo= Dominican slang for mess) off to the dumpster!
And knowing is done there, I can imagine how many corners they cut!

Oh yes thats true, cutting corners is the culture! I have been scrolling through thousands of ad's to find a decent used car there. They all are 'nitido' and 'nunca chocada' with only 100k Km's. Then the pictures show worn seats and steeringwheels, misaligned frontpanels, missing airfilters etc. And that is only what is in the pictures. Odometers rolled back. And there are no inspections there.

I had a look at a neighbours car which was overheating, probably a bad headgasket. His "mecanic"s solution was replacing the coolant with engine oil! Obviously still overheating. I had a laugh at this dominican solution and said the guy he was screwed. In the DR if you can hold a brush you're a painter, if you have a hammer you are a carpenter and if you have a wrench you're a mecanic.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2024 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh yes thats true, cutting corners is the culture! I have been scrolling through thousands of ad's to find a decent used car there. They all are 'nitido' and 'nunca chocada' with only 100k Km's. Then the pictures show worn seats and steeringwheels, misaligned frontpanels, missing airfilters etc. And that is only what is in the pictures. Odometers rolled back. And there are no inspections there.

I had a look at a neighbours car which was overheating, probably a bad headgasket. His "mecanic"s solution was replacing the coolant with engine oil! Obviously still overheating. I had a laugh at this dominican solution and said the guy he was screwed. In the DR if you can hold a brush you're a painter, if you have a hammer you are a carpenter and if you have a wrench you're a mecanic.

That's exactly right on the money! Have you heard of stopping coolant leaks by dumping a couple of eggs in the radiator? Or filling the rear end with chicken skin to quiet a howling rear end!

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys, her video just auto-posted this afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YNI36wEOPo
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I heard that years ago people would put sawdust in the tranny and rear end to quiet them.
Kit

[This message has been edited by Kitskaboodle (edited 03-26-2024).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock