Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Where do Amazon sellers and Ebay sellers get high quality Fiero decal images from?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Where do Amazon sellers and Ebay sellers get high quality Fiero decal images from? by Additivewalnut
Started on: 01-30-2024 02:10 PM
Replies: 28 (379 views)
Last post by: 1985 Fiero GT on 03-21-2024 06:17 PM
Additivewalnut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2024 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I work at a sticker shop and I'd love to start selling every single decal the car had for restoration, including the jack info and fan warning or even the sun visor sticker. My problem is that I have no idea where to get a high quality rip of this stuff. I have access to the big fancy printer and all the vinyl cutting tools in the world but not the images. Any help so I can help out the community? I know you can get the decklid decals from Phoenix but they cost 60 dollars and shipping from the FieroStore is very pricey. I would be able to get all stickers out the door for 12-15 bucks (or less) with shipping included

[This message has been edited by Additivewalnut (edited 01-30-2024).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be great, similar to Fiero Sails a few years ago, I'm definitely not an expert, but the way Fiero Sails did the 85gt decklid decal was to find a pristine car with the original, then get a "rubbing" of it, to then scan in and copy, essentially physically tracing it out, also the reason Phoenix ones are 30 for the Fiero 2m- and 60 for the Indy Fiero and Fiero GT logos is the two color, they essentially need 2 sheets of vinyl, and while 1 sheet definitely doesn't cost 30 dollars, I think they have free shipping and are the only place to get appropriately sized decals (maybe, maybe they're improperly sized like the Fiero stores to) if you can figure it out and print it on a vinyl that will last as long as the original or longer, and can get it out the door for 15 dollars, I can guarantee you my business! My logo is peeled cracked and generally a mess!
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985 Fiero GT:

That would be great, similar to Fiero Sails a few years ago, I'm definitely not an expert, but the way Fiero Sails did the 85gt decklid decal was to find a pristine car with the original, then get a "rubbing" of it, to then scan in and copy, essentially physically tracing it out, also the reason Phoenix ones are 30 for the Fiero 2m- and 60 for the Indy Fiero and Fiero GT logos is the two color, they essentially need 2 sheets of vinyl, and while 1 sheet definitely doesn't cost 30 dollars, I think they have free shipping and are the only place to get appropriately sized decals (maybe, maybe they're improperly sized like the Fiero stores to) if you can figure it out and print it on a vinyl that will last as long as the original or longer, and can get it out the door for 15 dollars, I can guarantee you my business! My logo is peeled cracked and generally a mess!

That's why I started looking into this myself, my car is currently a "erio 2n6" LOL

Honestly I'd love to get in contact with Fiero Sails and see if he would supply me with the stuff he had so I can duplicate it. Is he still active?

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Additivewalnut:

I work at a sticker shop and I'd love to start selling every single decal the car had for restoration, including the jack info and fan warning or even the sun visor sticker. My problem is that I have no idea where to get a high quality rip of this stuff. I have access to the big fancy printer and all the vinyl cutting tools in the world but not the images. Any help so I can help out the community? I know you can get the decklid decals from Phoenix but they cost 60 dollars and shipping from the FieroStore is very pricey. I would be able to get all stickers out the door for 12-15 bucks (or less) with shipping included

Just a photo of such a decal would be enough and I'm pretty sure I (and quite a few others here) could make an exact copy which you can use as artwork for your decals.
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about Fiero Sails, I found 2 emails on the thread that announced them closing, and the thread said that they were ending the actual sail panels but continuing decals, I sent emails to both addresses and there was no response, so I have to assume there's nothing, the website has been saved in various places, and it has images of decals, and some dimensions
https://www.fierofocus.com/fierosails/decal.html
Factory decal vs Fiero store decal, replacement is slightly smaller in all dimensions and isn't two tone
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Just a photo of such a decal would be enough and I'm pretty sure I (and quite a few others here) could make an exact copy which you can use as artwork for your decals.

oh no kidding? if you're able to do that, that would incredibly helpful. I may be able to get a good pic of the under hood stickers as mine aren't too horribly deteriorated... but I don't have much to go from with the decklid or formula vinyl. I did some test cuts yesterday but the artwork I found on google had a ton of artificing so some of the lines came out jagged or otherwise wonky.

Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Additivewalnut

237 posts
Member since Jan 2020

Factory decal vs Fiero store decal, replacement is slightly smaller in all dimensions and isn't two tone

I can definitely fix the size issue, two tone may be a problem though. Where is it two-toned? My blind self can't tell

Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Additivewalnut

237 posts
Member since Jan 2020

These were the first attempts, they look fine from a foot back but up close they're not gonna pass as restoration parts. I had to tweak and repair a lot of the lines from the nasty .jpg I was finding on google.
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can definitely fix the size issue, two tone may be a problem though. Where is it two-toned? My blind self can't tell

The two tone is invisible on my car, because of paint color, bit would show up on white or black GTs, it is charcoal Silver outer pinstriping, with a red Pinstripe in-between the Silver, all colored cars had that but Silver, with silver cars having black with red pinstriping decals. The only decklid decals that had the two tone was the 1985 Fiero GT (only notchback GT) and the Indy Fiero decal, all others were a single color. In my case it wouldn't be the end of the world if it wasn't two toned, because my paint matches the center stripe, closer picture of my decal, you can vaguely see the center stripe.

Edit: the link I posted to Fiero Sails has decent pictures of the decals (I think)
https://www.fierofocus.com/fierosails/decal.html

[This message has been edited by 1985 Fiero GT (edited 01-31-2024).]

1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1985 Fiero GT

375 posts
Member since May 2023
Also, probably easy to do, making Fiero GT wheel center cap stickers, Rodney Dickman used to as did Fiero Sails, that should be pretty simple to do
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, probably easy to do, making Fiero GT wheel center cap stickers, Rodney Dickman used to as did Fiero Sails, that should be pretty simple to do

oh yeah that would be gravy. Super duper easy. The pinstriping would be a fun project to take on, I should be able to do that but not without there being some sheen that wasn't there originally since I have to laminate stuff coming off the printer... The fierosails pics aren't the best but they also aren't the worst. I might be able to rip some from there. My software is pretty picky.

PFF
System Bot
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh yeah that would be gravy. Super duper easy. The pinstriping would be a fun project to take on, I should be able to do that but not without there being some sheen that wasn't there originally since I have to laminate stuff coming off the printer... The fierosails pics aren't the best but they also aren't the worst. I might be able to rip some from there. My software is pretty picky.

Your decals end up being cut individual letters on a transfer tape, correct? The 2 color Pinstripe isn't necessary on the red cars, so you might release a 1 color version like TFS, until you're able to do both colors, just in the right size. I can get some rough measurements of the Fiero GT, and Fiero 2m6 decal if needed (useful that my dad has a Fiero as well!), individual letter height/width, overall dimensions etc. also how weather resistant is your vinyl, will it last like the original?
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1985 Fiero GT

375 posts
Member since May 2023
I also have a car that has both French and English stickers, being sold in Quebec, so I can send some straight on pictures of them, you should be able to use them, pretty niche, but might be nice for some of the fiero's in France, and those in Quebec. Tomorrow I'll get pictures of every sticker I can find for you. Interestingly enough for the French stickers, they just applied then over the English ones (dealership maybe).
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also have a car that has both French and English stickers, being sold in Quebec, so I can send some straight on pictures of them, you should be able to use them, pretty niche, but might be nice for some of the fiero's in France, and those in Quebec. Tomorrow I'll get pictures of every sticker I can find for you. Interestingly enough for the French stickers, they just applied then over the English ones (dealership maybe).

That would be incredibly helpful!!! That's also kinda funny, I suppose it's easier that way
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2024 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would be incredibly helpful!!! That's also kinda funny, I suppose it's easier that way

Here is the link to all the pictures I took and some measurements, if you need any more measurements or know of the location of some more stickers to measure/take picture of, let me know, measurements are as precise as I could get, but in general, with an accuracy of 1mm, I'm missing only 1 French sticker that I know of, the big jacking instructions sticker, that feel off and I think was lost a few months ago. I'm not sure that it is legal to replicate the tire and weight sticker on the door, as those are specific to the car, but I included them anyways.
https://drive.google.com/dr...hTPG5BTSnpBz_1e6im3E
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2024 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is the link to all the pictures I took and some measurements, if you need any more measurements or know of the location of some more stickers to measure/take picture of, let me know, measurements are as precise as I could get, but in general, with an accuracy of 1mm, I'm missing only 1 French sticker that I know of, the big jacking instructions sticker, that feel off and I think was lost a few months ago. I'm not sure that it is legal to replicate the tire and weight sticker on the door, as those are specific to the car, but I included them anyways.
https://drive.google.com/dr...hTPG5BTSnpBz_1e6im3E

That's INCREDIBLY helpful! Thank you so much! I'll get started ripping those and cleaning them up. Hopefully Cliff can help with that too
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2024 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AddativeWalnut, though Paul McKibben himself has retired, his son Allan is still running Fiero Sails. Email him at SimpleSignMan@Gmail.Com
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2024 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

AddativeWalnut, though Paul McKibben himself has retired, his son Allan is still running Fiero Sails. Email him at SimpleSignMan@Gmail.Com

I had actually emailed that email January 8th, got no reply, so I don't know whether it is fully shut down or on holiday, worth a try, but I got no reply.
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2024 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1985 Fiero GT

375 posts
Member since May 2023

That's INCREDIBLY helpful! Thank you so much! I'll get started ripping those and cleaning them up. Hopefully Cliff can help with that too

Yeah no problem, if you need anything else let me know.
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's progress going?
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How's progress going?

I got swamped with orders at work since racing season is starting back up. Haven't had the time to really mess with it all again, moment I find some time I'll get the rest of the 85 GT decals made. Those are the only ones left that are still giving me trouble
PFF
System Bot
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got swamped with orders at work since racing season is starting back up. Haven't had the time to really mess with it all again, moment I find some time I'll get the rest of the 85 GT decals made. Those are the only ones left that are still giving me trouble

Makes sense, take your time, looking forward to seeing final products!
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2024 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just want everyone to know I'm still working on it! Still bogged down with race season orders, but I have finally gotten the decals to a point where I'd be comfortable selling them. They aren't perfect, there may be a somewhat wiggly line somewhere, but I could also be looking at them a little too close. I did get the sizing on POINT though. I'll be adding them to the store's website within the next couple weeks so I hope you guys will order some and not have too many complaints
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2024 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

just want everyone to know I'm still working on it! Still bogged down with race season orders, but I have finally gotten the decals to a point where I'd be comfortable selling them. They aren't perfect, there may be a somewhat wiggly line somewhere, but I could also be looking at them a little too close. I did get the sizing on POINT though. I'll be adding them to the store's website within the next couple weeks so I hope you guys will order some and not have too many complaints

Great! Make sure to post the link to the website when you list them.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2024 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

If you haven't found anything yet, I'm PM'ing you a phone number for his son Allan. I think the number is still valid. I do know that the email is valid, though.

1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on these yet?
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any updates on these yet?

not yet, racing season has seriously swamped me. I should have some time to get after it tomorrow, I'm fighting with some small problems with making the letters have sharp edges. My software likes to round things out for no reason.
Additivewalnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AdditivewalnutSend a Private Message to AdditivewalnutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Additivewalnut

237 posts
Member since Jan 2020
I'll make it a point to get them on the site tomorrow, I need to stop stalling. Expect a link by the end of day tomorrow!
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll make it a point to get them on the site tomorrow, I need to stop stalling. Expect a link by the end of day tomorrow!

Ok, great! Looking forward to it!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock