Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gen-Z-Garage - Replacing the Fiero Sending Unit!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gen-Z-Garage - Replacing the Fiero Sending Unit! by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 04-30-2023 08:20 PM
Replies: 4 (412 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 05-08-2023 02:27 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fourth episode, thanks for watching!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The lavalier mic sounds good... although your daughter will need to refrain from pounding her chest (00:01) while being recorded.

And thanks for the info on the shaker siphon. I'll never have to buy gasoline again!

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-01-2023).]

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't see if has same pads on the tank to install...
Tank pads keep space between tank and car and stop noise as tank grows/shrinks some for heat cycling etc. Plus the pad are can shape some for uneven spaces.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

armos

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2023 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for armosSend a Private Message to armosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Sending unit" is ambiguous. The words "fuel level" or "gas tank" should probably be in the title somewhere.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2023 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Can't see if has same pads on the tank to install...
Tank pads keep space between tank and car and stop noise as tank grows/shrinks some for heat cycling etc. Plus the pad are can shape some for uneven spaces.

Yeah, it sucks... we couldn't find replacement pads, but the original ones are still on there, they just got painted over.

We put some adhesive felt padding on top of them to give back a bit more cushion for the (2) pads that are on the tank before we re-installed it. I "think" you can see that when she's sliding the tank under the car... but not sure.

Originally posted by Patrick:

The lavalier mic sounds good... although your daughter will need to refrain from pounding her chest (00:01) while being recorded.

And thanks for the info on the shaker siphon. I'll never have to buy gasoline again!

Yeah, thanks for that. That mike has made all the difference in the world, seriously!

Originally posted by armos:

"Sending unit" is ambiguous. The words "fuel level" or "gas tank" should probably be in the title somewhere.

Yeah, it kind of is... we put all of those words in the "tag words" section of the video (which you can't see, but it references it in search). But yeah, I struggled with that. I may change it later, but really the focus is just on getting this car done before the summer.

We picked up my engine hoist and engine stand from my storage unit this weekend... so we're going to pull the motor later this month.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 05-08-2023).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock