Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Gen-Z-Garage - Planning your restoration!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Gen-Z-Garage - Planning your restoration! by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 04-07-2023 05:24 PM
Replies: 7 (239 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 04-13-2023 07:46 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2023 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, my daughter finished her second video. It's still relatively hands off, but next video she'll be dropping the fuel tank and replacing the fuel sending unit and the fuel pump.

Please share with your friends if you have time. My daughter does a lot of the editing herself, and while she's learning about cars, she's insisting on doing pretty much everything herself, so next week will be a challenge.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2023 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heh heh, she's doing well. When's she going to give PFF a plug?

Out of curiosity, what's hanging below the car?

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2023 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Heh heh, she's doing well. When's she going to give PFF a plug?

Out of curiosity, what's hanging below the car?

I'm not really sure what that is... because there was nothing hanging when we drove it in. I think it might have been an optical illusion / shadow.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2023 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

I think it might have been an optical illusion / shadow.

Not a chance! It's pretty clear in the video, starting Here.

Is the passenger side splash shield (that protects the engine bay from road splatter) still in place?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-13-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2023 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Not a chance! It's pretty clear in the video, starting Here. Is the passenger side splash shield (that protects the engine bay from road splatter) still in place?

Yeah, there's nothing at all hanging. It went from that ride, to parked in the garage, and there's nothing hanging down.
sleek fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2023 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleek fieroSend a Private Message to sleek fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
82-T/A Your daughter is very talented. No wonder your so proud and supportive. sleek
bergertime

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2023 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bergertimeSend a Private Message to bergertimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just bought an 88 GT ttop to restore with my 17 year old son, he wasn't interested, moved to my 15 year old son, not interested, but my 12 year old daughter is. Please keep these videos coming, we can't wait till the gas tank drop.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2023 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sleek fiero:

82-T/A Your daughter is very talented. No wonder your so proud and supportive. sleek

Thanks Sleek! I appreciate it!!!

Originally posted by bergertime:

I just bought an 88 GT ttop to restore with my 17 year old son, he wasn't interested, moved to my 15 year old son, not interested, but my 12 year old daughter is. Please keep these videos coming, we can't wait till the gas tank drop.

Will do, thank you! Congrats on getting your 12 year old into it too! Isn't it funny? A lot of boys are like that today... different priorities I guess from our generation.

My daughter has already dropped the tank. She pressure washed it, hit it with a scotch brite pad, hit it with some rust convert in just a few areas, then some metal etching primer, and then two coats of enamel. It's in pretty good shape. No rust under the car at all that I can see, so I'm pretty impressed. She did about 85% herself... when I would try to help, she would insist that I only show her, and then she would do the rest. For the bolts, I broke them free for her, but she got them all off. The T-bolts were the hardest part for her because she was wrenching away for what seemed like 7-8 minutes per T-bolt, haha... but she insisted. Even used a wirebrush attachment on the parts she cleaned... did all of that.

Working on that video now for her, but she's going to be doing the voice overs, so if I'm honest, it'll probably post mid-next week.

Thanks!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock