Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Dyno on July 15th at the 40th Anniversary (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Dyno on July 15th at the 40th Anniversary by Trinten
Started on: 01-03-2023 03:15 PM
Replies: 41 (1248 views)
Last post by: Trinten on 07-22-2023 10:58 PM
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2023 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone,
Free registration for the dyno is closed!
If there is time left in the afternoon, I'll have dyno certificates for sale for people to use, likely starting around 3:30 depending on how fast we get through the preregistered people. The cost of these "at the show" certificates is $40.

As the 40th Anniversary is one of the hallmark celebrations of our awesome cars, and the first time I'm going to be able to be there, I wanted to do something special for everyone.

There will be a mobile dyno coming out to the hotel!

I'll be covering the cost of the dyno (with exceptions, read on!). MAFOA and MWFC have been kind enough to handle the logistics of it (checking on insurance stuff, and working out details with the hotel).  

The dyno company will allow the owners to be the ones in the car to do the pull if they so choose, so you can have that photo/video opportunity of you being in the car. The current plan will have them on-site from 9am to 5pm. They can do about 4-6 cars an hour. Each person will get to have TWO powerpulls (normally it's 3, but we want to maximize our time)

The people on the list will receive priority vouchers for the event to ensure they get their chance to do the pulls. If you are one of the folks who buys a voucher from me at the event and we run out of time, you can bring me your voucher and I will refund your money.

"TL : DR" summary:
Signing up will do the following:
1) Help me finalize things for the mobile dyno. The sign-up people will be able to do their pulls for FREE.
2) Let me print out a "priority voucher" that I will ask MAFOA / MWFC to include with everyone's welcome packets. I want to make sure the folks that sign up for the event don't miss out!
3) Figure out if I need to create an "at the door voucher", for those that miss the sign up and buy it at the anniversary - which will cost $40 and is refundable if you don't get to use it.

Just reply here and I'll update the post with the additions of people.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Oh, the dyno is a DynoJet dyno, for those that are curious.

1. FieroChic88 (Jennifer)
2. Trinten ("That guy")
3. Drewpy (Drew)
4. AWalker W02 (Alex)
5. eph_kay (Chris in the VR6 Turbo 88)
6. mhale73 (Marty Hale)
7. Larryinck (Larry in the Mera)
8. FieroGuru (Paul and his spiffy LS4!)
9. Turkey on Rye (Chris Weeks)
10. da.slyboy
11. liv4God (Jason)
12. cleppsfierogts (Corey)
13. Spadesluck (Jason Spade)
14. Craig71188 (Craig Butt)
15. Copperhens (Kristina Kahn)
16. thefierofarm.com (That Todd Guy! supercharged 3800 Ferrari 308 replica )
17. CowsPatoot
18. Jpc86GT
19. litespd
20. sluppy123
21. Eric W. (‘88 LS4/F40)
22. Michael W. ( 88 w/ SC 3800)
23. X-thumper-X
24. jjd2296 Jeff Donnelly ( 87gt 5 speed 3.4 vortech supercharger )
25. jjd2296 Jeff Donnelly ( 86 auto 3.4 vortech supercharger )
26. Pickardt Performance ( LS4 )
27. Waller
28. BrianD
29. DingusKahn (Chris Walters)
30. mafv8 (84 w/ a 355 SBC)

Please PM me your name if you aren't comfortable putting on the site, so I can fill it out on the certificates and ask the folks putting together the event welcome packages to put the certificates in them.

Important update from FieroChic88. If you are trying to get one of the indoor parking spots at the hotel, you won't be able to participate on the dyno. There will be some logistics difficulty in shuttling cars in and out from the indoor parking area. If you opted to get on the indoor parking, and would rather do the dyno, please let the club know and they will refund you.

If you would rather park inside than do the dyno, please let me know so I can take you off the list. Thank you all for your understanding!

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 07-05-2023).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
eph_kay

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2023 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You sir are amazing for doing this for this, please put me down for Dynoing the VR6 Turbo 88 coupe

Chris
mhale73

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2023 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mhale73Send a Private Message to mhale73Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sign me up. Marty Hale
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2023 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for doing this, Larry 1988 Mera
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2023 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in!
Turkey on Rye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2023 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Turkey on RyeSend a Private Message to Turkey on RyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for doing this - count me in as well.

-Chris Weeks
da.slyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2023 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds fun....going to make me get my car done....in.
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2023 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is it going to be? Edit to: Never mind, I found it!

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 01-06-2023).]

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2023 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is super cool, sign me up! - Jason
cleppsfierogts

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2023 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cleppsfierogtsSend a Private Message to cleppsfierogtsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a pretty cool idea. Sign me up. -Corey.
Midwest Fiero Clubs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2023 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Midwest Fiero ClubsClick Here to visit Midwest Fiero Clubs's HomePageSend a Private Message to Midwest Fiero ClubsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is great Trinten! Awesome way to team up and make this anniversary event great!
PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2023 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Midwest Fiero Clubs:

This is great Trinten! Awesome way to team up and make this anniversary event great!

You guys are doing all the hard work. I just had to make some phone calls, emails, and throw my wallet at it. lol.

So thank you to the clubs that are making the whole thing happen to start with!
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2023 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sign me up! Jason Spade!
Craig71188

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2023 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Craig71188Send a Private Message to Craig71188Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me to the list - still firmong up plans but....
Craig Butt
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2023 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be awesome. Sign me up please, Kristina Kahn
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2023 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kristina, I've been following your build thread! Looking forward to seeing it in person.
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2023 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add my name to the list as I plan to bringing a supercharged 3800 Ferrari 308 replica.

------------------
That Todd Guy

Jpc86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2023 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jpc86GTSend a Private Message to Jpc86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me to the list
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2023 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me to the list as well....thank you!
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2023 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for providing this & sign me up!

[This message has been edited by x-thumpr-x (edited 01-22-2023).]

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2023 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates made!

If you haven't seen the link to register for the other events at the 40th - please see this: https://fiero40th.com/registration/

Also, please remember to PM me your full name so I can put it on the certificate and the club(s) can include them with the welcome packets - easier than each of us trying to find the other person once we're there!

PFF
System Bot
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2023 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sign me up for two cars
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2023 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jjd2296

1423 posts
Member since Jan 2016
Sign me up. Jeff Donnelly from Toronto. Two cars.

87gt 5 speed 3.4 vortech supercharger.

86 auto 3.4 vortech supercharger.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2023 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all! Quick PR announcement from the show committee. Indoor parked cars can't do in and out on show day so keep that in mind when registering. If you did already apply for indoor and this changes your decision on indoor parking, just let me know.

We will make indoor decisions in June and refunds will be sent. We apologize but it's not an easy lead-in at this hotel.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2023 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a spot for the fun of it.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2023 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Added, and good to see you, man!! I hope you're doing well. Are you still in Charlotte or are you back up CT?

It'll be good to see you there!
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2023 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I actually moved to Statesville but yeah, still in NC.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2023 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add BrianD!
DingusKahn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2023 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DingusKahnSend a Private Message to DingusKahnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in please…

Chris Walters
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2023 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had one person bow out of the dyno event, as they're going to bring a different Fiero.

Spaces are getting tight for per-registration! If you want to know what your swap is putting down (or how far off from factory your stock engine is doing!) sign up soon!

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2023 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone,

I've gotten critical information (namely full name) from everyone on the list except two people. I've sent them PMs but haven't heard back.

liv4God
Jpc86GT

This is to make sure your certificates for the dyno make it into your goodie bags at the 40th. If anyone has another way to get in touch with either of those users (like on FB or anything), can you please nudge them for me?

I didn't want to harass/chase down everyone for car details, so for those that sent it to me, it's included. For those that didn't, the line is still there so you can fill it in.
The certs also have a nice empty spot on them where you can jot down your final numbers! I'm debating on adding a labeled box or something in that space. We'll see. I'm using GIMP which is different enough from PhotoShop that I have said many, many obscenities in the process of laying out the format for these. lol

PFF
System Bot
ragging_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2023 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ragging_fieroSend a Private Message to ragging_fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this post way too late, but hopefully I can still sign up! 86 w/ 4.9/F23

-Chaence
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2023 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Chaence,

Unfortunately it's too late for the early sign up. You can buy time on the dyno from me for $40. I'll have those certificates with me so you can get one from me. The purchased certificates will be valid starting at 3:30pm on Saturday of the Dyno.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2023 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather fought us on Saturday, and some people weren't sure if their cars had been judged yet or not, so we missed a few of the early good-weather windows. So unfortunately we only had about 9 cars make it on the dyno.

I say 'about' because I asked for copies of all the dyno sheets - and that's how many sheets they handed me! lol

I will be posting up details after I get home and get settled.

For those of you local in Michigan - if you hung onto your Dyno certificate, Rhino Dyno said they would honor them at their shop, just call ahead, mention the even at the hotel and that you still have your coupon.

A big shout out to them, after the weather turned beautiful in the late afternoon, they graciously agreed to stick around about an hour past the agreed time to squeeze in more cars.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2023 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dyno sheets!!

About half of these were people that did NOT pre register, so I didn't always get their complete information (I was forgoing details so we could move a little faster in the windows we could run in). These are in no particular order

Jon Miller's Gold Fiero - 136.87 HP

Brenden (CopperHens friend) - 106.68 HP

Stefon - 209.72 HP

Chris - 307.63 HP

Jesse - 256.22 HP

Cody - 326.82 HP

Jestin Pickardt (turbo LS4) - 531 HP

Leghorn - (I think this guy was an Iron Duke) 73.39 HP

Ben - 231.87 HP

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 07-19-2023).]

eph_kay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eph_kaySend a Private Message to eph_kayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much for doing this, sadly I didn't get my fiero on there, I was running around the whole time and didn't get slowed down enough to bring the car over. There are lots of Chris's in the Fiero community though
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol very true! I had hoped it was you based on the horsepower. I will adjust the post to remove the errant tag!
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any 4.9s get on the dyno?
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't say for certain. Unfortunately by the time the weather cleared up, it was almost 4pm (contract was originally till 5), and the hotel was trying to unload cars in the same area that we were loading/unloading on the dyno. So I was forgoing trying to take any detailed notes, and doing my best to keep track of who was there that was on the list and what order they had arrived, and trying to get folks setup and moved off as quick as possible.

If we have the dyno again at the 45th, we'll have to hope for better weather and see about setting up in an area that won't interfere with other activities.

Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No worries, I wasn't able to make it but i know for certain many other appreciate the opportunity to make some dyno runs for sure.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock