Replies: 11 (226 views)
Last post by: Spoon on 06-28-2022 06:50 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've added the ability to upload sound clips. The "Upload Image" button has now changed to "Upload Media". You can either upload an image or a sound clip. Depending on what it is you upload, the forum software will insert the appropriate PFF Code into your message.

For instance, this is what my daily driver sounds like when I try to start it:

I used this as an example, not to cross post to the other thread of course. 😉
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, Cliff. Is there a limit on file size?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I upped the limit for both images and audio to 20MB.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! Testing, testing...

Of course, I had to experiment. I tried to upload a mp4 file (video), but nothing happened. However, I simply changed the extension to m4a and it uploaded and plays back the audio just fine.

Cliff, is there any way the audio player can show the name of the file? I know, I know... we're never satisfied.
A_Lonely_Potato

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_Lonely_PotatoSend a Private Message to A_Lonely_PotatoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very cool, thanks Cliff

Is there any kind of compression going on? I can't notice any with patricks uploads. Granted i don't have a studio quality setup at all, but i can notice when there is heavy compression
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Lonely_Potato:

Is there any kind of compression going on?

When I navigate to where Cliff has stored the files, the files themselves appear to be unaltered, but the extension has been changed to mp3. So interestingly enough, if you were to download my second file (which was originally an mp4, but uploaded with a m4a extension), it would now have an mp3 extension... but it's actually still the original mp4 (video) file. Comprende? As a matter of fact, the video (yes, the video) will play back directly from Cliff's server.

This is another short video clip...
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, now we can have Randye and Rinselberg insult eachother audibly in the Political Section.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Cliff, is there any way the audio player can show the name of the file? I know, I know... we're never satisfied.

Yes, that and a couple of other things are still in the pipeline. 😊

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Excellent!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2022 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Handy for exhaust note comparisons!
PFF
System Bot
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2022 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like this can be some real fun!!

Thanks Cliff

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock