Started on: 01-02-2022 12:40 PM
Replies: 36 (1353 views)
Last post by: Fierochic88 on 07-03-2022 10:47 PM
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This year's Fieros at Carlisle will take place June 23-26 in Carlisle, PA. Our loose plans (currently in the process of being firmed up) are:

Thursday: Dinner at the Derr's followed by an outing (hopefully a drive-in movie!)
Friday: Day at the Fairgrounds/Local Cruise/ Pizza Party/Go-Karting
Saturday: Show Day/Group Dinner/Cruise
Sunday: Breakfast

All information, including the host hotel which is filling fast, can be found at: https://mafoa.com/fac2022/

Today is the last full day to register at the 20% off rate of $37 for show entry. Tomorrow, the rate goes up to $42.

Hope to see you there!

~ Jen
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say that the 2021 Fieros at Carlisle event was one of the largest ever. We prefer to register about 90 days out but we won't miss this show Its also time to renew MAFOA membership so that can also be done now.
If you own a Fiero and are looking to meet some great Fiero people from all over the USA or just looking for some real excitement, Carlisle is the place. The club welcomes everyone and if you wish to also see other GM cars there are many on the 82 acres of the Carlisle fairground.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 01-02-2022).]

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2022 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very excited to hear the news!

I'm putting in a request for the vacation time this week!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2022 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Very excited to hear the news!

I'm putting in a request for the vacation time this week!

Awesome! Can't wait to see the progress ;-)
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

We are pretty excited about it, too! Last night I paid for my teeshirts and stuff through MAFOA, and just hung up with the hotel, making my reservations. So this year we'll be with the rest of the group and can hang out more at night!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2022 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks!

We are pretty excited about it, too! Last night I paid for my teeshirts and stuff through MAFOA, and just hung up with the hotel, making my reservations. So this year we'll be with the rest of the group and can hang out more at night!

Fabulous! To anyone reading this - those hotel rooms are going fast!

~ Jen
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2022 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hotel rooms in the host hotel are nearly gone. See www.mafoa.com/fac2022/ for alternate hotel recommendations and get registered today! Our goal is to hit 75 cars by the end of this month.

~ Jen
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2022 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

Hotel rooms in the host hotel are nearly gone. See www.mafoa.com/fac2022/ for alternate hotel recommendations and get registered today! Our goal is to hit 75 cars by the end of this month.

~ Jen

Got our reservation in as the host hotel couldn't accommodate us with what we needed. Booked a suite at the LaQuinta Inn in Mechanicsburg. Its about 20 minutes south of the fairgrounds and the area has just about every restaurant , cafe and store available there. The police station is also right across the street from the hotel.
While we have not registered for Carlisle as yet, I guess we go on the unofficial list for the time being. Can't miss this show. Its going to be BIG.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-30-2022).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2022 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some updates in our latest blast below!

CARLISLE – That word means only one thing to Fiero enthusiasts, a Hugh multiday
event that we all look forward to and absolutely don’t want to miss attending because it
has become the premiere event for our devoted and loyal Fiero community.
So mark your calendars now and make your reservations to take part in the 28 th annual
Fieros at Carlisle event going on this June as part of the Carlisle GM Nationals. The 4-
day Fieros at Carlisle event begins on Thursday, June 23 and runs to Sunday, June 26.
The GM Nationals taking place at the Carlisle Fairgrounds is June 24 & 25. Register
now at our website www.MAFOA.com If you don’t have a Fiero to bring we have a
special registration option for you as well.

Our event schedule is still being finalized, but check out this tentative list of events that
are being planned:
ï‚· Thursday Welcome and Parts Swap
ï‚· Thursday Night Drive-in Movie
ï‚· Friday Cruise to end at the Rolls Royce Museum
ï‚· Friday Night at the Sports Emporium (is this go carts?)
ï‚· Saturday Show and GM Nationals complete with tech sessions and more!
ï‚· Saturday Cruise (?)
ï‚· Saturday Dinner Post-Show
ï‚· Saturday Night Go-Karting (is this still on?)
ï‚· Sunday Farewell Breakfast

Fieros Rule! - We want continue to be #1 in the Car Club! Come and help us keep
Fieros on top by registering your car(s) and help us to compete and win the Car Club
Challenge!

The 2022 edition of the GM National has these many wonderful features that promise
to make it a great event for all. Consider these other featured happenings when making
your plans to attend this year’s GM National:

ï‚· Celebration of the 40 th anniversary of the S-10 Pickup!
ï‚· See 40 years of the 3rd Generation Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird.
The Nova & Chevy II turn 60 and will be highlighted.
 The ‘Corvettes for Chip’ show field will now be part of the GM Nationals adding a
great new dimension to the day.
ï‚· Explore the art of all things automotive with renowned artist David Snyder.
ï‚· The GM Nationals Automotive Flea Market.
ï‚· The Car Corral where you can buy or sell your vehicle.
ï‚· Attend free seminars and instructional and informational sessions to help you
tune up your automotive knowledge.
ï‚· The Women's Oasis with quality Items for the non-automotive audience.
Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from things automotive. Join our amazing
vendors and artisans selling items such as handmade crafts, jewelry and
accessories, kitchen must-haves, unique clothing, treats to temp you, scents to
relax you, beauty products and so much more!
ï‚· Fun for the kids at the GM Nationals with all kids 12 and under receiving a free
fun goodie bag that will include a coloring book, pack of crayons, hot wheels car,
Kids @ Carlisle Sticker and a free cup with a coupon for a free drink at the food
court!

Register today for Fieros at Carlisle at the GM Nationals via the MAFOA website
www.MAFOA.com . For more information about events at the GM Nationals you will find
a link on the MAFOA site.

We’ll see you in CARLISLE!
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2022 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for bumping the thread. For whatever reason I could not get the PFF search engine or google to find this thread! Fieros at Carlisle 27? No problem! 28.... seemed to not exist. Thought I was in the Twilight Zone.

I've been prodding some Fiero folks that are members here but don't always check the other categories about it. Right now, I've got Drewpy, Chug, CowsPatoot and La Fiera all seriously considering it. I encouraged folks to make reservations now, since most hotels let you cancel up to 24 hours before check-in without penalties.

daveyhouse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2022 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daveyhouseSend a Private Message to daveyhouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've never been to Carlisle, I noticed you have parts swap on Thursday. Do you guys have that only on Thursday or do you do it all weekend. I would love to come to see if there is any parts I could use, but my work schedule is gonna be a nightmare this year. Starting off, I'll be working day shift Monday through Thursday near Newport Pa, then a 12hr nightshift Friday nights in Easton Pa. Guess my best time to show for a little would be Friday morning.
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2022 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for bumping the thread. For whatever reason I could not get the PFF search engine or google to find this thread! Fieros at Carlisle 27? No problem! 28.... seemed to not exist. Thought I was in the Twilight Zone.

I've been prodding some Fiero folks that are members here but don't always check the other categories about it. Right now, I've got Drewpy, Chug, CowsPatoot and La Fiera all seriously considering it. I encouraged folks to make reservations now, since most hotels let you cancel up to 24 hours before check-in without penalties.

Awesome! And yes, I agree. There are still plenty of hotels available in the Carlisle area at various price points! I definitely recommend booking quick!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2022 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by daveyhouse:

I've never been to Carlisle, I noticed you have parts swap on Thursday. Do you guys have that only on Thursday or do you do it all weekend. I would love to come to see if there is any parts I could use, but my work schedule is gonna be a nightmare this year. Starting off, I'll be working day shift Monday through Thursday near Newport Pa, then a 12hr nightshift Friday nights in Easton Pa. Guess my best time to show for a little would be Friday morning.

So the official Fiero-specific event is Friday night at a member's nearby home; however, the giant all GM swap meet (which includes Fiero parts) runs Friday-Saturday at the Fairgrounds. We'd love to have you for whatever time you can come - and if there is a special part you're looking for, you can always let us know and we can tell one of our attendees to bring it!
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2022 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gary Pickardt from Pickardt Performance has my Fiero and is doing my LS4 swap! If everything goes according to plan; (he's shooting for it to be done by Carlisle) If it all works out, I'll be there!!!

The turnout last year was epic! There was over 120 Fieros there if I recall correctly!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2022 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The subject may eventually come up as to gasoline prices so I thought that I'd provide my opinion. We reside 155 miles from Carlisle. That's a 310 mile round trip for us. My Fiero averages 27-29 hwy mpg so in the worse case I will use 11.5 gallons of gas. Add a bit of local driving and the gasoline usage will be 12 gallons. At $2/gallon of gas the trip would cost $24 At $4.25/gal of gas the trip will now cost $51. That boils down to $13.50 more each way or $6.75 more per passenger. While we might cut back our local driving a bit we will still attend Carlisle. It is still the largest and best Fiero show in the Eastern Mid Atlantic regions. Point is that a small extra cost to pay for having a great fun day shouldn't keep anyone away. Don't miss Fieros at Carlisle.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2022 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What airport is nearest the show ?
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2022 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

What airport is nearest the show ?

When Cowspatoot flew in last year (from Michigan) he flew into Harrisburg International Airport. It was about a 30 minute drive (no traffic).
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2022 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone want to come to Pensacola Florida and bring Hulkis GT up for the show? She would need to be trailered both ways. Only 5,980 miles on her still.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2022 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Registered today. There is just so much at Carlisle to see and do. You can find parts, books, manuals. paint, signs, accessories, tools, maintenance chemicals. The club expects over 100 Fieros to attend and hundreds of other GM cars are there to see on the large 88 acre Carlisle, PA fairgrounds. Last year I had the auto paint guy mix me a quart of panel touch up (perfect match) and came home with a bunch of good automotive tools. Events are happening all throughout the day of the show and the club has several days of its own activities planned. Don't miss it.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2022 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brian Welch had our GT right now getting it ready to drive from Chicago. Clutch, valve seals, timing chain... Plus more...Don't know if the Formula of going to make it. Big home prodject going on, and Dells 2 Weeks before.. And gas.... Wallet is only do big.

Should have say least 3 other cars with us driving from Chicago.

Anyone coming from West of Lake Michigan can join our caravan leaving Thursday afternoon from south of Chicago and getting to Carlisle Friday about 12-1

You can find the info about it here
http://www.fierofocus.com/events.html

Hope to have more oining our caravan.

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12, 15, 17(Fiero)
Power Tour 4 stops 2014 (Fiero)
Power Tour 3 stops 2013 (Fiero)
Power Tour 2 stops 2016 (passenger)

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2022 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I can be the bearer of good news, it was announced by our club president in the monthly news letter, that pre-registrations for Carlisle 2022 have now reached 80. IMO, this should easily put the number of Fieros at the Carlisle event over 100 by show time. Carlisle may now be the largest annual Fiero event in the country.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2022 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh man... it's not often you hear or read "bearer of..." followed by "good news". My brain did an 'autocorrect' and tricked me into thinking it said bad news. So I was really confused when I got to the end of your post. Thankfully the shock of seeing 'bad news' and wondering what it could be woke me up enough to process what your wrote and not what my imagination read.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2022 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieros at Carlisle is the best show in the USA because it offers far more than any other show. For instance did you ever hear of a Fiero Show with this.

or a large flea market where you can find literature, automotive tools, parts, paints, accessories and maintenance/car care stuff

Point is that the show has something for everyone. Its never boring.

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 04-26-2022).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2022 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAFOA you to join us for a "Night at the Drive In" on Thursday, June 23 at the Cumberland Drive-In in Newville, a neighboring town to Carlisle. Cost is $10 per car and gates will open at 7:30 PM. We will be showing an 80s movie which will be announced in mid-May (either Top Gun, Ferris Bueller's Day Off or Back to the Future). Please contact me more details! If you have not yet registered for Carlisle, you can add this on when you register. If you have already registered, please check your email for directions.

To register head to www.mafoa.com/fac2022/
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2022 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thread deserves a bump up as MAFOA just announced the registration figures for Carlisle 28 to the membership and they are phenomenal . All indications are that the event will equal or exceed last years attendance of 132 Fieros. Under Jennifer Goss and the leadership they have made Fieros at Carlisle one of the best Fiero events in the USA. There are activities going on for four days and at the fairgrounds on Saturday there are events nearly every hour. You can check this out here :
MAFOA
Events for Fieros at Carlisle and GM Nationals

Check out the list of daily events. They are numerous. No other Fiero Event anywhere offers so much.
UPDATE: Gate and Go Pass arrived in the mail today 5/27/22
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-27-2022).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2022 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlisle 'Gate and Go' pass arrived today! Hoping we get a repeat of last years weather,
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2022 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been announced by MAFOA that the registrations for Carlisle 2022 have now hit 110. If we add in the expected gate registrations the day of the show that puts the huge attendance on par with what it was last year. Its going to be some fantastic event. Can't wait to take the drive out. If you are attending don't forget the sunscreen!
It appears that the Fiero section has been moved to the green field this year so that the club can enjoy having a larger tent. I've been told that this is a premium area of the fairgrounds where some of the larger clubs usually show.
MORE LATE BREAKING NEWS
6/16/2022 With just a bit more than a week to go, the club just announced that registration is now 120 Fieros. Its going to be one BIG show.
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 06-16-2022).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2022 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Fieros at Carlisle 28 Attendees!!

Thank you for your registration for another great Fieros at Carlisle yet! To-date, there are 120+ Fieros registered we have an amazing slate of events planned. Please see your email for the schedule sent today. In the event of emergencies on show days or travel to the show, PM me for my #. I will have the emergency road assistance list available.

We are also in need of volunteers to help the show run smoothly. If you'd like to donate an hour or two of your time during the event, please click here to sign up. If you're willing to help and don't have a preference just let us know how much time and what days you can help. No prior knowledge is required ;-)

Parts/Cars may not be sold on the showfield. You may bring lists of parts and may place a note at the tent if you have a car for sale. Parts can be sold at the hotel and during off-site events.

First, please sign up for the "Remind" text message group for this event. This will allow us to push information out to you throughout the event. If you are reading this email on your phone, you can go to this link https://www.remind.com/join/22fac28 to sign up. You can also download the Remind app if you wish to have improved functionality but that is not necessary. If you are reading this on your computer, go to your phone, open a text and send a message to 81010 and in the body of the message type @22fac28 and then send.

Second, please bring chairs for the Thursday night cookout, parking lot hangouts and the showfield. Pop-up tents are permitted on the showfield but MUST be very secure.

Third, when you arrive at the showfield, please await direction for parking. We are parked in a different area of the field this year. With this large amount of vehicles, it is imperative that each participant follow parking directions and park approximately 6 feet from the other cars in your class. We also strongly recommend you verify that you are registered for the correct class so this can be addressed before you finalize your parking spot in case changes need to be made.

The remaining announcements below are event specific so please check out the info below for the events you plan on attending. Thank you all so much for joining us for this amazing event.

Best,

~ Jennifer
MAFOA President

Thursday Night Subs & Swaps at the Derr Residence
If possible, please carpool from the hotel. The Derr's live in a residential neighborhood. If you have not yet paid/RSVPed to this, the cost is $8 - please email me to be added to the list. T-Shirts will be available at this event for distribution but not sale.

A Night at the Drive-In
The featured film is Ferris Bueller's Day Off. We will be headed to the Cumberland Drive-In for a special invite-only event for $10 per car. Address is: 3290 Ritner Hwy, Newville, PA 17241 We will leave the Derr Residence around 7 to caravan to the theater. To save your Fiero or car battery life during the Drive-In-Movie, and or rentals of AM/FM. Attached are a few cheap receivers pictured. You can get head-phones from stores like 5Below

Friday at the Fairgrounds
For those who registered prior to the May 10 deadline, make sure your Gate N' Go pass is afixed to your windshield. For those who registered post-May 10, grab your registration at the Building prior to entering at Gate 3. Upon entering the Fairgounds, see a MAFOA volunteer for parking, then grab your goody bag and items from the MAFOA tent and your additional items from the Carlisle grandstand building including your official class ballot.

Friday Cruise
We will begin lining up on the showfield at 12:30 for a 12:45 departure. Groups will depart in waves. Cruise and events will take approximately 1.25 hours and end at a nearby ice cream shop.

MAFOA Pizza Party at Building R
Located in the building adjacent to the showfield. If you have not yet registered for this, please let me know and bring cash/Pay Pal for $7.

Saturday Night Go Karting

Post-dinner and awards, a group will head to the Carlisle Sports Emporium for karting, games, mini-golf etc.

Saturday Show Day
For those who registered prior to the May 24 deadline, make sure your Gate N' Go pass is afixed to your windshield. For those who registered post-May 24 at 3, grab your registration at the Building prior to entering at Gate 3. Upon entering the Fairgounds, see a MAFOA volunteer for parking, then grab your goody bag and items from the MAFOA tent and your additional items from the Carlisle grandstand building including your official class ballot. Special awards ballots will be placed in cars before 10:30-12:30 Voting Window. To be eligible for special awards voting, please be on site and ready by 10:30 AM.

Raffle tickets, silent auction and live auctions will also be held in conjunction with the awards ceremony.

Post show dinner will leave in waves for Hickory Ridge beginning at 3:45 PM. We ask that those who plan to attend the 6 PM Carlisle Productions award ceremony go in the first or second dinner group to return in time.

Saturday Night Cruise

Post-dinner and awards, a group will head out for ice cream.

Sunday Farewell Breakfast

Our final event will be at Walnut Bottom Diner at 8:30 AM to celebrate a great weekend!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2022 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its looking like another fantastic event but the best news is that the weather forecast for Fieros at Carlisle at the Carlisle, PA fairgrounds for Friday June 24th is 86*F and partly sunny, and Saturday June 25th is 90*F and sunny. Great weather for our show. Don't forget the sunscreen

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like it's going to be a great event this year! Large turnout, and fantastic weather!

They changed where the Fieros will be on the field this year. Here's a pic showing where we will be for 2022. We had usually been down at the bottom of the red field area, but for 2022 we are in a different spot over in the green field:

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2022 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Its looking like another fantastic event but the best news is that the weather forecast for Fieros at Carlisle at the Carlisle, PA fairgrounds for Friday June 24th is 86*F and partly sunny, and Saturday June 25th is 90*F and sunny. Great weather for our show. Don't forget the sunscreen

One of my daughter's schoolmates who lives near Pensacola posted "WTF!? I came to Pa to get away from the damned heat."

Hope you guys have a wonderful event. The cards just kept coming up Jokers with my cars. Just wasn't meant to be this year.
PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2022 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any "official" report yet? Pics? Aerial views of the Fiero field?
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2022 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried to get one decent pic from the event. I sent it to Jen along with a picture of our hotel parking lot party on Saturday night.
And I won MAFOA's Best Work In Progress again this year. And was told that if we don't have it running as planned by next year, I have to put on this hideous whale-tail spoiler for a year. lol

Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2022 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tried to get one decent pic from the event. I sent it to Jen along with a picture of our hotel parking lot party on Saturday night.
And I won MAFOA's Best Work In Progress again this year. And was told that if we don't have it running as planned by next year, I have to put on this hideous whale-tail spoiler for a year. lol

You are welcome, I am the one who found that thing in the local junkyard! However, I was not the one who came up with the by-laws for you. haha
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2022 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics to come soon - but here is the start of the results:

Now that Jen is somewhat on the mend, it's time to share some results from the weekend. First up, the official class results from Carlisle Productions. These were decided upon by participants in this region of the showfield which included Pontiac and Saturn attendees. Celebrity Choice votes were awarded by Carlisle celebrities including club officers and special guests. Carlisle Elite choices were made by Carlisle Events staff. Lastly, the Standard of Excellence pitted cars against themselves in a Concours-style judging event.

Stock Notchback A (1984-86):
1 - David Main, Red 1986SE
2 - Kevin Berkheimer, White 1985SE
3 - Thomas DiSabitino, Red 1984SE
Celebrity Choice by Jennifer Goss, MAFOA President - Charmissa Biscoe, Red 1986SE

Stock Notchback B (1987-88):
1 - Tom St. John, Red 1988 Formula
2 - Doug Rose, Yellow 1988 Formula
3 - Charlie Bond, Red 1988 Formula

Stock Fastback A (1986-87)
1 - Eric Phillips, Red 1986 GT
2 - Brett Windham, Black 1986 GT
3 - Tom Derr, MRM 1987 GT

Stock Fastback B (1988)
1 - Lee Minton, MRM 1988 GT
2 - Paul Scottberg, Yellow 1988 GT
3 - Jeff Seidenzahl, Red 1988GT

Custom Notchback:
1 - Marc Santorella, Grey 1985GT
2 - Wes Shiring, Gold 1987 Convertible (Celebrity Choice by Joe Aponick, MAFOA Treasurer)
3 - Lloyd Eyler, Maroon 1986SE

Custom Fastback:
1 - Nate Williams, Yellow 1988GT
2 - Tiffany Manger, Chocolate Brown 1987GT
3 - Kyle Green, Red 1986 GT
Celebrity Choice by Bruce Walters, MAFOA VP: Deborah Salada, MRM 1987 GT

Modified Notchback:
1 - Kevin Lindeman, Black 3800SC 1985GT
2 - Robert Miller, Red 3800SC 1988 Formula
3 - Pat Swayne, White 3800SC 1988 Formula

Modified Fasbtack:
1 - Steven Johnson, Red 3800SC 1987GT
2 - Ray Paulk, Pearl Convertible 1988GT
3 - Gary Pickardt, Red LS4 1988GT
Celebrity Choice by Lance Miller, Owner of Carlisle Productions: Jestin Pickardt, Nardo Grey LS4 1988GT

Rebody/Kit Car:
1 - Steve Pishock, Red 1986 308 Kit

Carlisle Elite: Eric Schneck, MRM SBC350 1987GT Drag Fiero
Standard of Excellence: Jen Goss, Cobalt Blue LS4 1985GT
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And now for the MAFOA "Special Awards" results for Carlisle. These were primarily decided by participant vote via showfield distributed ballots (each entrant received a ballot with directions for choosing each award). A small committee chose our Factory Stock winners and crowd participation helped us decide a few others.

A big thank you to awards sponsors, Pony Enterprises (Charlie Bond) and Tom Schmidt Motorsports (Best in Show Awards).

This year, we also did something new! We added a new showfield display only class called "MAFOA Elite." This class is comprised of previous Best-in-Show Winners who have also garnered many other awards as part of Carlisle. Our inagural class had 3 vehicles in it:
Alan Ferris' Stock White 1988GT
Jennifer Goss' LS4-powered Cobalt Blue 1985 GT
Jon Miller's Custom Gold 1986GT

Other awards given were:

Best Stock Interior: Lee Minton, MRM 1988GT
Best Stock Engine Bay: David Main, Red 1986SE
Best Stock Paint: Tom St. John, Red 1988 Formula

Best Non-Stock Interior: Ron Yeager, Grey 1986GT
Best Non-Stock Engine Bay: Steven Johnson, Red 1988GT 3800SC
Best Non-Stock Paint: Steven Johnson, Red 1988GT 3800SC
Best Non-Stock Body: Ray Paulk, Pearl 1988GT
Best Wheels: Lloyd Eyler, Maroon 1986SE
Best Engineered: Jestin Pickardt, Nardo Grey 1988GT LS4
Best Work-In-Progress: Vince Hartman, White 1987GT LS4
Best Sound System: Nate Williams, Yellow 1988GT
Best Daily Driver: Kyle Green, Red 1986GT
Best Daily Driver Runner-Up: Vin O'Mara, Black 1988GT
Best Theme: Tiffany Manger, Chocolate Brown 1987GT

Best Factory Stock Fiero: Lee Minton, MRM 1988GT
Best Factory Stock Runner-Up: Kevin Berkheimer, White 1985SE

Fiero with the Lowest Mileage: Tom St. John, Red 1988 Formala 10k
Fiero with the Highest Mileage: Tony Wells, Red 1986 SE 372k

Longest Distance Driven: Paul Scottberg & Diane Reed, Yellow 1988GT from Kissimmee, FL via Chicago, IL
Longest Distance Traveled: Kevin Lindeman, Green Isle, MN

Hard Luck Award: Will Kiernan, Crashed Fiero just before departure then had overheating issues en route, Blue 1987SE 3800SC

Best in the Midwest: Fiero Owned by a Classic Fiero Owner: Tom Derr, MRM 1987GT

Best Stock: Joe Jansen, Red 1985GT
Best Non-Stock: Jestin Pickardt, Nardo Grey 1988GT LS4

Best-in-Show: Jestin Pickardt, Nardo Grey 1988GT LS4
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2022 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001
Fieros at Carlisle couldn't exist without our sponsors! Please be sure to think of them for your Fiero needs!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock