Started on: 12-28-2021 08:13 PM
Replies: 7 (228 views)
Last post by: WKDFIRO on 01-05-2022 06:54 PM
Threedog

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 87 Fiero GT with a 3800SC in it. It’s got corvette brakes, upgraded suspension, and T-Tops. I recently stripped an Indy Fiero because it had no engine, the body was meh, but I swapped the interior over.

I grabbed all the badges when I stripped it, I’m thinking about installing them on the 87. What are your thoughts? The car has a different body style and engine from the Indy, so it’s clearly not one. Do you think it’s tacky to put the Indy badges on when it clearly isn’t an Indy? Is it like putting a “Cobra” badge on a Mustang that’s really a GT? Does it not matter? Just curious what you guys think.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xenoblast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XenoblastSend a Private Message to XenoblastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ultimately, its your car, you shouldnt care about what other people think about it, and do what you want with it.

My opinion, you arent trying to trick people into thinking you have a higher model, in my opinion the GT is a higher model then the indy. Also if you are clear that it is not an indy and dont lie to people about it if they ask, it is fine in my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Xenoblast (edited 12-28-2021).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2021 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of people put cheesy Ferrari stickers and badges on Fieros or Fiero kit cars... so why not?

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO. Just means you are a fan of the history of "Indy", or like the look. Means about the same as using an Indy interior to me.

There will always be people with differing opinons.
Threedog

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2021 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThreedogSend a Private Message to ThreedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! I had a similar idea, I just didn’t want to be the guy with the “5.0” badge on his V6 Mustang haha,
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2021 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Threedog:

Thanks guys! I had a similar idea, I just didn’t want to be the guy with the “5.0” badge on his V6 Mustang haha,

It's not the same thing. The Indy Fiero is just a couple of different shades of paint- nothing unique beyond that. Unlike the 89 Turbo Trans Am Indy Pace car edition, or some others that actually had performance upgrades rather than just badges and paint diffrences.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2022 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a GT body V6 car painted the I day colors and they used the badges. Can’t recall who did it but I do recall it being well done. The real question is: Do you like the way the badges look on it? If so, do it!!!!!!!!!
WKDFIRO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2022 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think an Indy Pace Car GT would look pretty cool! Especially if you get the overhead snorkel like the Indy had. It doesn't even have to be functional (I'm putting one on my 87 GT in the same way). It will be different and it will be yours. Anyone that has a problem with it can take a long walk off a short pier.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock