RHD '87 GT 3.4L from Melbourne, Australia by James_GT
Started on: 11-14-2021 06:08 AM
Replies: 5 (262 views)
Last post by: Skybax on 11-15-2021 08:45 PM
James_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2021 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James_GTSend a Private Message to James_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been a regular poster on PFF for some time. However, this forum has always been invaluable to me as a Fiero enthusiast based in Australia.

I took ownership of my right-hand-drive converted '87 GT nearly 13 years ago, from its second owner of 18 years. Starting out as a 2.8L V6, then swapped to a 3.4L in 2011. It's the first and only car I've owned.

Friends I'd made through the Australian Pontiac community were a great help, but their knowledge was more specific to third-gen Trans Ams and I didn't know of any local Fiero owners. Studying this forum has taught me extensively how to work on my own car, and tackle jobs I never would have imagined I'd have the skills to achieve.

My Fiero started out in very good condition, with only 55k miles. Already converted to RHD back in 1990, after it was imported to New South Wales from California. Even though it was well-preserved for its age, I feel there isn't much I haven't been over in the time I've had it (part of that could be down to me chasing perfection). Having said that, I have loved the experience and the memories associated with my Fiero. Everything from interstate road trips, to my friends helping me fix a severe EGR vacuum leak with tinfoil (from a food van) at its second car show. It now has ~125k miles and I still look forward to taking it anywhere.

Thank you Cliff & PFF members for supporting other Fiero owners and sharing knowledge through the forum, I don't know where I'd be without it.

For anyone interested in the chronology of my '87 GT, I've compiled a 'best of' my Pontiac-related memories on Flickr.

https://flickr.com/photos/webuildexcitement

------------------
James
RHD '87 GT 3.4L V6

[This message has been edited by James_GT (edited 11-15-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car, I'm always fascinated by these RHD conversions.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
James!

Good to see your name pop up on here mate! I too have been off PFF after clashes with a few troublemakers who are now gone. I still have one (shakey) '87 GT left but it will hopefully be resurrected in time for the 40th Anniversary show in 2023. Hope you are doing well my friend, glad to see your ride is holding it's own as well 👍🏼

Dr. Will
Mike in Sydney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
James,

Nice to hear you're still about. I'm stripping my '86 black GT to the frame for a panel-off paint job. The silver '86 (looks like your '87) is still around, too.

Found out there is someone with an '88 GT in Lithgow (about 40-k's from me). Hope to catch up with him soon.

We should think about getting Fiero Owners in ACT, VIC, & NSW together and meeting up sometime in Canberra. Maybe start an Australian Fiero Group. Might be too late for this year but possibly we could meet up at Summer Nats in Canberra.

Keep in touch.

Mike in Sydney (now Bathurst)

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 11-15-2021).]

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike in Sydney

651 posts
Member since Sep 2011
deleted - double post

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 11-15-2021).]

Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great stuff!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock