Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Got a new nose / could someone do a Photoshop for me?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Got a new nose / could someone do a Photoshop for me? by Kitskaboodle
Started on: 09-27-2021 01:19 PM
Replies: 15 (407 views)
Last post by: Kitskaboodle on 10-05-2021 12:37 AM
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2021 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 85 GT is finally going to get a nose job.
This weekend I pulled the front bumper off an 87 coupe. Can’t wait to get rid of that aero nose look.
I do have two burning questions:
1) What kind of bondo is good for flexible noses?
2) I would love a Photoshop of my silver 85 GT with the new nose. (to get me motivated)
Thanks, Kit
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2021 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

This weekend I pulled the front bumper off an 87 coupe. Can’t wait to get rid of that aero nose look.

Did you grab the eggcrate and plastic wheel well liners also (to match the '87 coupe nose)?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-27-2021).]

Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2021 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh....no.
I assumed the inner parts were the same.
Oh my, I see another trip to the junkyard.
Any other items I will need for the swap?
Thanks Patrick !
Kit
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any other items I will need for the swap?

Ummm... the air dam underneath is different with the various noses as well.

It's been a number of years since I've had the noses off of my Fieros, so it's difficult to remember all the odds and sods.

As I mentioned earlier though, the plastic wheel well liners are different between models. You'll discover that some "custom" work will be required to fit any plastic wheel well liner to a Fiero that has aero side molding and an '87/'88 coupe/Formula nose. I'm not 100% sure which wheel well liner will give you the least amount of grief with the side molding/nose combination you're aiming for.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36411 posts
Member since Apr 99

You might enjoy having a look at this old thread of mine - Anyone have pictures of a notchie with GT rockers/trim/panels and a Formula nose?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-28-2021).]

Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the motivation pics Patrick!
By the way, it just so happens that I’m good friends with Paris Hilton. I forwarded your pics to her and she said, “That’s Hot!” 😀
Kit
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...it just so happens that I’m good friends with Paris Hilton. I forwarded your pics to her and she said, “That’s Hot!”

What else could she say?

Awalker W02

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2021 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please don’t call it bondo. Bondo is a name brand and really not a good one at that.
There are a couple different options. Evercoat has a poly flex filler that you can order from oreilly. 3m also makes a 2 part epoxy filler that I recommend but you have to have the dispenser with that one.

Here is a photo for reference I used the 3m 2 part on this custom piece. Still holding up strong

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 10-01-2021).]

Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2021 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for your input.
Your nose looks very Ferrari’ish.
Sorry about using the word Bondo. Maybe I should have said body filler?

Ok Patrick, I went back again this morning and picked up the fender liners and eggcrate. The eggcrate was a 5 piece assembly by the way.

Next question: the egg crate and one fender liner have a tear here and there in non critical areas, what kind of adhesive do you recommend for repairs for flexible plastic??
Thanks, Kit

Awalker W02

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2021 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It’s actually the lower part of a Lexus GS 300 lol.
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, on to more questions:
The honeycomb I picked up is in good condition but on the outer “wings” there are two tears. This plastic is soft and flexible. My idea is to fill the squares completely (that have the tear) with expanding Gorilla Glue. Ever have to repair the honeycomb? How did you do it?

2nd question: It was a real PITA to remove the honeycomb from the 87 coupe in the yard. The plastic push pin fasteners are way deep into the squares!
But, I found a way to get them out. 😀
Anyways, I have to do this a 2nd time when I remove the honeycomb from my 85 GT. There has to be an easier way to get it off. What is the secret?
Kit
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kits- I have some Tap Plastic X-30 expanding foam- which is basically a foamy version of Gorilla glue.........you mix it up and pour it in and it will expand AND glue it all together.
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2021 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As i recall removing the steel bumper and pushing the center of the pin out from the back is the easiest way to remove those clips
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya, I was tempted to take that beam off but since this particular Fiero spent a lot of time in Half Moon Bay, the bolts that hold that beam on had quite a bit of rust and I thought I would have had to muscle it off. (HMB is on the coast)

Hmmm, I’m wondering if I could use that expanding foam in a can stuff (that they use to fill cracks) that they sell at Home Depot?
Kit
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kitskaboodle

2993 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Here’s the nose I’m swapping to.,,,,,,
Kit
Kitskaboodle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2021 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kitskaboodle

2993 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Oops...I forgot to add the pic.
Here you go....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave