Followed into the Walmart parking lot… by 1Packrat
Started on: 09-13-2021 03:31 PM
Replies: 4 (290 views)
Last post by: OldsFiero on 09-15-2021 08:15 PM
1Packrat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1PackratSend a Private Message to 1PackratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of all the encounters with people and the Fiero this was one of the strangest.

I was going to Walmart to pick up a few things. I noticed this car following me around the parking lot. At the time I just thought it was another shopper looking to park. This was until he parks near me and jumps out of his car Very Excited with a conversation that went like this:

Stranger: Oh my I didn’t know GM had brought back Pontiac. This is awesome looking.
Me: But
Stranger: Is this the new one? What year is it?
Me: Well
Stranger: Can you order them now?

At this point I can’t get a word in at all. Now I am starting to feel a little sad that I am about to break his bubble. He finally takes a breath so it’s my turn.

Me: Sir it’s not new
Stranger: What?
Me: It’s a 1986
Stranger: No way, I don’t believe it
Me: Yes it is. It’s a Pontiac Fiero
Stranger: You’re kidding me right this has to be a new car… Getting the you have two heads look
Me: No sir it’s an 86 ….. At this point I open the door and reach in for the registration.
Me: Here is the registration

After a long pause he asks if he can check out the car, which I never have a problem with so I tell him go ahead sit in it. After a long talk about the car we part with his words “I still can’t believe that’s an 86, no way, you did a great job with it.”
It does make you feel good that someone noticed the hard work you put into the car. But it was strange. That was the only time I had to prove it was an Antique..
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Best make sure all your security cameras are fully functional tonight.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He was just getting a photo of you for the People of Walmart web site. Lol!

Seriously I had greater interest and newer comment this week at an event than I have seen in a while. The young were this is cool and I heard about these. The old I forgot about these I had or with I had one.

I suspect we may see an increase in popularity in the next few years. It may help in some value increase too. We still won’t retire on them but we may see better return on investment.

I have been at this for 36 years and the last time it was like this was 1990.

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I'm driving my 87 GT around and come a double lane stop light, I often see an 8 to 12 year old in the passenger seat of their parents SUV or pick up staring at my little blue car (far below them)...
Most the the time they just stare with a little smile. Other times they start asking their parent questions.... clearly about my car.
It is nice that people notice our cars and the "they catch fire" thing has died down.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is nice- and surprising to see youngsters notice and recognize the car. The other day I was in town, and as I started to walk across the street, two kids rode up on bikes. One about 12, the other 8 or 9. The older one excitedly said "wow it's a Fiero! " Then he said " nice car mister.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock