Started on: 09-10-2021 04:46 AM
Replies: 12 (1025 views)
Last post by: cam-a-lot on 09-29-2021 10:25 PM
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yet another member here paid for something that "magically" disappered in the mail. No tracking number for a 3800 PCM.. " sent" over a month ago to another Canadian address- should have arrived in a few days.

Isn't it amazing that everyone else that lives in Canada knows how to use tracking numbers when shipping things?

Buyer Beware.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sucks, but tracking isn't everything either...

I ordered something from Rock Auto and got a tracking number. Items never arrived on expected date.
Tracking had "ended"prior to arrival at DHL Ecommerce distribution center (package lost??)

Rock Auto resent order and gave me a new DHL tracking number.
It took a few days for them to report Processing complete at Origin.
For the past week after that it's been stuck on "in transit" with no location updates.

Never had problems like this with Rock Auto orders before.

.------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 09-10-2021).]

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have not been on here for years mostly due to one certain piece of crap person and no big surprise he is still at it. No one has ever been ripped off by me, yes some times things got delayed even lost but always made it through. Thanks to all the people that message me about this dink he obviously is MENTALLY HANDICAPPED IN SOME WAY and not worth listening to. As for the child offer still stands to meet in person man to man any time.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things get lost during transit all the time. Even with tracking. It also happens regularly that tracking says "delivered" when it never was. Since Corona, online purchases have sky-rocketed and shipping companies simply can't handle the increase.

I used to sell vinyl decals (mostly to US buyers) through eBay. Sold about 10 each day and had no problems for about 4 years. Then from one day to the other, about 80% suddenly never arrived. That lasted for a few months by which time I had received so many negative feedbacks (after always having a 100% positive feedback score), my sales dropped from 10 a day to 1 a week. To an outsider, it might look like I was a bad seller and didn't ship the items but I always shipped within 24 hours. They simply never arrived and there wasn't anything I could do about it.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:
Things get lost during transit all the time. Even with tracking. It also happens regularly that tracking says "delivered" when it never was. Since Corona, online purchases have sky-rocketed and shipping companies simply can't handle the increase.

I used to sell vinyl decals (mostly to US buyers) through eBay. Sold about 10 each day and had no problems for about 4 years. Then from one day to the other, about 80% suddenly never arrived. That lasted for a few months by which time I had received so many negative feedbacks (after always having a 100% positive feedback score), my sales dropped from 10 a day to 1 a week. To an outsider, it might look like I was a bad seller and didn't ship the items but I always shipped within 24 hours. They simply never arrived and there wasn't anything I could do about it.
That is true but also ship across Boarders means dealing Customs in 1 or Several Countries.
Quick example is many buy Ebay crap from China and while most packages get thru US Customs, can be on hold there for days to weeks before they get to USPS UPS etc.
Worse is many China sellers put Bogus entries on Shipping labels/forms trying to bypass various Tariffs etc. You may buy X sensor for Y project and ship label shows anything but an electronic part. That shipping label "error" alone can be a problem and you never get that part. Or you could get "visited" by US Customs(ICE) and/or Police.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2021 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I work for a large mail order firm the ships globally. Delays are the norm and Canada is not immune.

Postal has not been running on time for a while now. Some things are on time but many packages are late.

Work with the seller as he obviously not hiding from you and I am sure it will arrive or he will make it right.

PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a shipper of wholesale, retail and personal eBay crap we ALWAYS have some sort of tracking number, delivery confirmation and insurance added. When shipping international it’s best to provide a phone number and email on the box of both parties to avoid delays. There’s always scammers but you try to mitigate problems….. just my two cents..
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2021 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my RockAuto parts I ordered Aug. 14

Half the order arrived Aug. 18 the 2nd half was expected Aug. 30
Got the 2nd half of order today - Sept. 15
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2021 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 10 years ago a young guy was restoring and modifying an 87 Fiero GT for a series II 3800SC swap. He came to me for help so the install was done in my garage and he ordered one of Dans harnesses and we hooked it up. It ran the engine perfectly. Unfortunately the kid had a lead foot and he blew two Getrags in half. About 9 months later he got fed up and sold the car. That is the only time I had an experience with Dans products. Over the years Dan has supplied many harnesses to stateside guys. The only thing that I will say is that deliveries of products shipped from Canada to the USA can take some time.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2021 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought two 3800 swap harnesses from him many years ago now, and received both. There were delays on one of the harnesses but I did get it and it did work great out of the box. He also answered a lot of questions I had.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Several years ago a guy from Italy purchased a part from me on Ebay. I shipped it promptly air parcel post, provided the tracking info and a month later he could not locate the part in their postal system. We exchanged many emails over the next few months and I finally decided to give him a refund. Before I could get around to it the following day,I received a message that said the it was delivered with the tracking info exactly as provided. The delivery time--4 months ARO. I decided to never ship to that country again. As for shipmets to and from Canada; I would venture to say that they are slow at this time.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

As for shipments to and from Canada; I would venture to say that they are slow at this time.

Not always.

A couple of weeks ago, I placed an order with RockAuto just before midnight Thursday. It was picked up by FedEx (for regular delivery) from Mount Vernon NY early Friday afternoon, it mostly sat around over the weekend on Saturday and Sunday at FedEx's distribution hub in Memphis TN, and was then delivered to me clear across the country (and across the border) in Vancouver BC early Monday afternoon. I was quite impressed!

Monday, September 13, 2021
1:44 PM VANCOUVER, BC - Delivered
9:10 AM BURNABY, BC - On FedEx vehicle for delivery
8:44 AM BURNABY, BC - At local FedEx facility
7:31 AM RICHMOND, BC - International shipment release - Import
5:18 AM VANCOUVER, BC - At destination sort facility
3:02 AM MEMPHIS, TN - Departed FedEx hub

Saturday, September 11, 2021
10:25 AM MEMPHIS, TN - Arrived at FedEx hub

Friday, September 10, 2021
5:50 PM MOUNT VERNON, NY - Left FedEx origin facility
1:51 PM MOUNT VERNON, NY - Picked up
7:04 AM ------------------------ Shipment information sent to FedEx

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 09-28-2021).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2021 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nobody is implying that tracking numbers are a guarantee of delivery

What they DO guarantee is that "something" has been shipped. The recipient in this case is based out of Ontario. The sender is based out of Ontario. So the whole cross border discussion is irrelevant.

What is evident is a long history of packages that were supposedly sent, but never arrived, and no tracking number was provided. This has zero to do with the sender's technical ability- that is also not relevant to the post. It has to do with not delivering what was promised and paid for, over and over and over again, and not communicating to buyers.

As stated in initial post, buyer beware.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock