Ferrari 355 replica 3800sc swap and interior mods by anaverin
Started on: 09-08-2021 02:21 PM
Replies: 10 (751 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 11-28-2021 02:56 PM
anaverin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2021 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working overtime on this fiero based f355 replica. Doing a 3800sc swap and going to try to put a genuine 355 dash in for the current owner. We made a YouTube video, but looking story short I didn't have any oil pressure because the oil pressure relief valve fell out. Now we're doing it again with a series 3 long block. I'll be posting pictures and not just video. Please watch the video and comment there or below. Hope to keep updating this thread

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2021 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's the new motor before cleanup. 2007 gtp.

Here's what the engine compartment looks like now.

Picture of the car.
Really good replica. Frame stretch. Looks great in person.

------------------
88 CJB Coupe with LSJ Ecotec swap (ttop)
86 SE FASTBACK T-TOPS ( was used in Twilight movie)
88 FORMULA 4.9
87 GT MEDIUM RED METALLIC stockish

http://youtube.com/lightspeedfieros

EMAIL : Anaverin@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 09-08-2021).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2021 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Must be an Air Dynamics body. Looks great.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2021 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it is. I have more pictures of course. The video shows it all. We got the new block cleaned up and painted yesterday. Swapped the oil pan and and lower intake. We are using the series 2 supercharger and intake for now, because it's already painted and the block didn't come with a gen 5. Hope to get it back in today. Fiero fest is looming in 8 days.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2021 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

anaverin

435 posts
Member since Aug 2002
[img]//images.fiero.nl/userimages/anaverin/PXL_20210909_013643 864.jpg[/img]
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah its a bummer when you do the work install the engine only to find that it is blown. Just had that happen with a 4T60e transmission on my 4.9L. Guy who sold it to me swore that trans was in good shape. Then he skipped town and was never heard from again. Had to take everything out and start over. Its a real PITA and a downer but it happens. With all the work that you have done, I'm certain that you will get it right and have a nice replicar to drive. The only thing that I would additionally check is to see if the car (without the roof) has a sufficient extra sub frame to avoid body flex.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-13-2021).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2021 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rebody is nice, too bad the engine compartment is not of the same caliber.

The engine swap needs a lot of cleaning, painting and organization to live up to the rest of the work on the car.
anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2021 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We managed to get the new engine installed and tidied up alot of the wiring and other things so that the install is much nicer. WE aren't done though, we want exhaust on first.

[This message has been edited by anaverin (edited 09-24-2021).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2021 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now I remember who the previous owner was

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-24-2021).]

anaverin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2021 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anaverinSend a Private Message to anaverinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

finally made some progress on this after time in and out. Then... the x frame needed to be cut again to remove the tank... so we had to make it removable. what a crazy project!
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2021 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to give you an idea as to what is possible with a good interior and a 3800 SC engine, I am posting a few photos of my Mera with a 3800 SC Series III engine, and Amida F355 interior.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock