What do I do with this thing? by elwood blues
Started on: 08-30-2021 09:54 AM
Replies: 6 (355 views)
Last post by: elwood blues on 08-31-2021 08:43 AM
elwood blues

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elwood bluesSend a Private Message to elwood bluesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone,

My name is Nick (EB) is a profile name I've used on other forums. By way of my dipstick 18y/o son, who's now 4 states away in college, I am now the proud owner of a 1985 GT, 2.8 V6, 4 speed, factory sunroof, 143K on the odometer Fiero. The paperwork has been mailed off and I'll soon have the title in my name. I already have a project vehicle sitting in my garage, and have neither the time or funds to take on a Fiero project. So, The problem is, what do I do with this thing?

The kid paid $1600 for it, it runs, not well, but it runs, the interior is not great, the body is in good shape, the headlights pop-up and work, there's even some spare parts in the boot, to include another steering column.

I'm old enough to remember the Fiero from when I was younger, a friend had a white one when we were in High School, now though, I just am at a loss for what to do with this car. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't like it? It's got a cop motor, cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks...

$1600 is a good price for a running GT, you could probably sell it as-is and get at least that much.
elwood blues

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elwood bluesSend a Private Message to elwood bluesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL

It's definitely not the new blues mobile, and I'm not too sure if the cigarette lighter works or not...

Thank you for the reply. That's what I was assuming, I just have no bearing on what the market is like for Fiero's. Once I get the title back it'll go up for sale on FB marketplace and probably here too.

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lighter is actually a common fault on these cars, usually just replace the socket and the BAT fuse.
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a name like that, you gotta at least drive it through an abandoned mall first...

[This message has been edited by jonrev (edited 08-30-2021).]

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2021 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fix the cigarette lighter.
elwood blues

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2021 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elwood bluesSend a Private Message to elwood bluesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jonrev:

With a name like that, you gotta at least drive it through an abandoned mall first...

Originally posted by css9450:

Fix the cigarette lighter.

LOL!!! Thanks guys, I needed a good laugh!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock