Supercharged V8 Fiero! by mafv8
Started on: 08-28-2021 04:10 PM
Replies: 10 (340 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 08-29-2021 10:42 AM
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2021 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just saw this Fiero on BAT, sold for $22,771, I would think it he had a lot more money into this car. I remember seeing this at the 25th celebration, it was done very well.
https://bringatrailer.com/l...84-pontiac-fiero-15/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2021 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never understood pouring that much money into a beautiful supercharged motor yet run the stock Getrag transmission so you can't even appreciate the power......well, maybe one time before it explodes.
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2021 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the small (Stock-size) tires the trany would only be at risk from high "R"s......there would not be enough traction to put any strain on the transmission.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2021 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I never understood pouring that much money into a beautiful supercharged motor yet run the stock Getrag transmission so you can't even appreciate the power......well, maybe one time before it explodes.

Putting 533 hp and over 600 ft lbs of torque into a lightweight transmission designed for a maximum 200 ft lbs is a very poor design choice. One full throttle 1/4 mile run and its over, maybe even before that. The guy needs a modified F40 and even that might be a stretch. . BTW, I've met the owner of this Fiero and he runs drag radials.No way I would buy this car.
------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 08-28-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2021 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Figured it would be worthwhile to post a few images from that site before it disappears.

What is the purpose of the third tailpipe that branches off to the left?

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2021 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That whole exhaust system is just a big WTF
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2021 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw the car at the 25th as well and noticed the girdle he put around the stock getrag diff. You can see the bottom side of it in one of the pictures above.

The 3rd exhaust pipe is likely capped off to keep it quiet during normal driving and then can be uncapped when we wants it to be roudy. Max power was likely with that 3rd pipe open.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before i clicked i thought strip it but then clicked and wouldn't change a thing. Exhaust has to go somewhere.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 08-29-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

The 3rd exhaust pipe is likely capped off to keep it quiet during normal driving and then can be uncapped when we wants it to be rowdy.

Interesting, thanks. Considering how much money was no doubt put into this car, I would've thought a more aesthetically pleasing solution could've been designed/fabricated for the "uncapped" exhaust. Looks rather weird to me the way it is.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Interesting, thanks. Considering how much money was no doubt put into this car, I would've thought a more aesthetically pleasing solution could've been designed/fabricated for the "uncapped" exhaust. Looks rather weird to me the way it is.

I am sure it was added on after the fact when they figured out they were loosing 50 to 75 hp by going through the muffler.
On my LSF/F40/Turbo, the cutout was designed in from the beginning. From the turbo, it goes into a 3.5" downpipe with open tube muffler, Ys into dual 3" with one side capped with a valve and the other side goes through a 3" muffler. Both tubes exit in the stock location. Ideally the cutout when closed will be the proper distance from the Y to work as a helmholz resonator to further quite down the exhaust when running in single 3" mode.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Lou the owner of this car no doubt invested big bucks in this Fiero. Just about every inch of space was taken in the engine compartment. It was one powerful Fiero and the workmanship was excellent down to the Procharger and custom roll cage . Even with the neatness of the build unfortunately the design using the Getrag was a poor choice. I doubt that this car could make one all out 1/4 mile pass without blowing that trans to pieces so you have a nice custom car with power but cant use it. This may have been a V8 Archie build

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock