Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Looked at at Zimmer Quicksilver today. Going up for auction August 29.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Looked at at Zimmer Quicksilver today. Going up for auction August 29. by foxgapfiero
Started on: 08-06-2021 03:54 PM
Replies: 14 (532 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 08-29-2021 06:13 PM
foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not my car.
https://www.teelauctions.co...n-on-august-29-2021/

Sharp looking car. 2.8, automatic. I bet it would have been a neat car if it had a 5 speed in it.....

Own yourself a piece of Fiero history!!

------------------
Mark Hoagland
86 1/2 GT 3.4 5-speed 355 nose and tailights REAL bright yellow

84 SE Convertible

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by foxgapfiero:

1986 Zimmer Quicksilver

You'd think they could've at least wound down the headlight motor all the way for the shot(s)!

foxgapfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I guess I should have told them about that. I did find the engine compartment release that they could not find. Mind you, this is a car that they have never seen or even heard of. Just did a search on the good old net, this car originally sold for, are you ready, $48,000.00. There were just 170 made from 1984-1988.

I think I just may have to stop over just to see what it sells for.

------------------
Mark Hoagland

84 SE Convertible

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always found the Zimmer Quicksilver an interesting part of automotive history; basically a lengthened rebodied Pontiac Fiero with a small interior and a body that rivals the big 80's Cadillacs. IIRC, it is also a very heavy car and with power steering, the 2.8L, huge chrome steel bumpers and an automatic transmission, performance should be very sluggish. It is a car with a style for times that have passed but I can appreciate the collector value. If you've seen one of these Zimmer's up and close they are certainly quite unique. I'll guess this car with its limited "pimpish" collector appeal may sell for $8-$10K to an 80's nostalgia collector. All you'll need to complete the presentation is a black hat with a white feather and you are good to go!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2021 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I always found the Zimmer Quicksilver an interesting part of automotive history; basically a lengthened rebodied Pontiac Fiero with a small interior and a body that rivals the big 80's Cadillacs. IIRC, it is also a very heavy car and with power steering, the 2.8L, huge chrome steel bumpers and an automatic transmission, performance should be very sluggish. It is a car with a style for times that have passed but I can appreciate the collector value. If you've seen one of these Zimmer's up and close they are certainly quite unique. I'll guess this car with its limited "pimpish" collector appeal may sell for $8-$10K to an 80's nostalgia collector. All you'll need to complete the presentation is a black hat with a white feather and you are good to go!

I used to call these “pimp my Fiero”
foxgapfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped at the shop that was given the task of getting this car started for the auction yesterday. They have replaced the fuel pump and oil pressure sender, the car now runs fine. Another thing I did notice yesterday, this car has only 300 miles on it. Bid is at $5000.00 right now.

------------------
Mark Hoagland

84 SE Convertible

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone broke off the hood ornament
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They've got 21 photos of the car but none of the engine, which for me is a nice selling point. Were all 170 of these beasts red?
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2021 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Notorio

2964 posts
Member since Oct 2003
And the answer is 'no.' Here's a link to a history of the cars. I'm surprised that the modifications only added 400 lbs to the Fiero's curb weight ... the price was about $48,000 (almost 4x the Fiero) and the car sported a 0-60 time of 10 seconds.

Zimmer Quicksilver

[This message has been edited by Notorio (edited 08-16-2021).]

theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was a ugly pre-built kitcar and still is. Is a big reason why they only made 170.
Many car auction buyers for high $ value at Jackson et al are people w/ money to burn and will abandon/junk them.
Many get shipped outside of US just to be a "status symbol" in UAE China etc and never seen again.
So save pic's VIN etc before site deletes them.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

... will abandon/junk them. Many get shipped outside of US just to be a "status symbol" in UAE China etc and never seen again.

Ogre, you say this like it's a bad thing....LOL...Just keep it out of Australia.
PFF
System Bot
foxgapfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I went to the auction today and the Zimmer sold for $11,750.00.

------------------
Mark Hoagland

84 SE Convertible

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow. That's not a bad price!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Wow. That's not a bad price!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2021 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wish the buyer luck but quite frankly I don't see what you can do with a grossly oversize, overweight 80's style body on a sports car space frame with a 140 HP 2.8L engine, hydraulic power steering, 3 speed auto and a 117" wheel base. . It won't perform like a sports car nor like a luxury sedan but it does have a large trunk. I find the Zimmer to be a rather peculiar vehicle but this one seems like a good example.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock