Started on: 08-04-2021 10:57 PM
Replies: 39 (1309 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 08-26-2021 05:02 PM
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2021 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This keeps popping up in the Mall on the Ebay links every few weeks and it never hits the reserve price. I believe the last auction went up to over 5K. I assume whoever bids is looking at the fact that it's an 88 and they are going to shitcan the horrible interior, destroyed wheels, and put their own body panels on it. Anyone know who used to own it?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2021 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen that car posted for auction for weeks also and whoever owned it thought that it was a canvas not an automobile. IMO, it is an unattractive Fiero- Red wheels and a huge American flag across the hood for what reason? The purchaser of this 88 will need to spring for a normal paint job, new wheels and a revamped interior that doesn't shock the eyes. Considering the work needed to restore it to normal, I'd say this Fiero is worth $3,000 at best but apparently the owner wants far more. I do not recall seeing it on this forum before.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2021 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I've seen that car posted for auction for weeks also and whoever owned it thought that it was a canvas not an automobile. IMO, it is an unattractive Fiero- Red wheels and a huge American flag across the hood for what reason? The purchaser of this 88 will need to spring for a normal paint job, new wheels and a revamped interior that doesn't shock the eyes. Considering the work needed to restore it to normal, I'd say this Fiero is worth $3,000 at best but apparently the owner wants far more. I do not recall seeing it on this forum before.

The bad part is that any factory lettering has been painted over, then he hand painted words in their place so it looks horrible. Literally the entire interior has to be removed and replaced if anyone is turning it back to stock. Even the steering column has to be replaced because it's been painted red.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-04-2021).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2021 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

... it never hits the reserve price. I believe the last auction went up to over 5K.

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I'd say this Fiero is worth $3,000 at best but apparently the owner wants far more.

For a mere $17,500, you can salute this car in your very own driveway!

You've got to read the bogus write-up at that site.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-05-2021).]

skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think i have seen this posted and re posted on ebay for over a year now. its gross and someone is delusional.
Skybax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two quick comments...

1. It's been for sale for years, previous owner who couldn't sell it, now the Classic Car Dealer who bought it can't sell it, or its on consignment through dealer and still belongs to the owner who couldn't sell it.

2. Classic Car Dealers all across the county like this one generally ask approximately double what any car in their inventory is worth, that is their entire business model. They buy a $15k car for $15k, and they will ask $30k for it, in hoping somebody is dumb enough to pay $25k. (Note: that doesn't include the misrepresentation of the car, where in some cases its advertised as a #2 restored show car when in reality its a #4 pos car that is unsafe to drive, but that is another story for another day) That's why these Classic Car Dealers started popping up like pizza shops all over the county about 10 years ago, because unethical money-hungry guys figured out there is a ton of money to be made on these cars with no accountability (unlike late-model vehicle sales where profit margins are small, heavy regulation, and lots of accountability). So they can make $15k on a flip lying through their teeth about a car that is not even safe to drive around the block, and the guy who just bought his dream car for $30k plus shipping/taxes is now into the car for $35k and he would be lucky to get $15k for it locally on CL. Additionally, there are other players in this scam including the finance companies, but again that is another story for another day.

I deal with vintage vehicle fraud on a weekly basis, its my occupation, nasty stuff.
1Packrat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1PackratSend a Private Message to 1PackratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this was a “ground up Resto” as listed they forgot to do the bottom of the car. Notice the amount of rust on the parts. Also take a close look at the picture of under the dash. The amount of rust inside the car is the same as you would see from a car that was in a flood.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well....It surely was NOT restored......It is not a bad looking car (If you are into the paint/color scheme)....But as mentioned, the lettering in the interior is really bad, and the red wheels look horrible.

$17,000 is laughable.........maybe $3-5000 if it runs good, but down at $1700 if it has issues........
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car was reported to the 88 Database Guy thread back in February, still at the same dealer in Pennsylvania. Looks like nothing has changed with it.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
For a mere $17,500, you can salute this car in your very own driveway!

I think I need to harass the seller on Ebay. This is a joke for $17,500.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2021 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's at the Antique Auto Mall in Morgantown, PA. MAFOA keeps hoping to plan an outing there as they have shows/events, but it hasn't come together yet. I'm sure there would be a bit of interesting commentary on it!
PFF
System Bot
jonrev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jonrevClick Here to visit jonrev's HomePageSend a Private Message to jonrevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Between the atrocious paintjob and high mileage... yikes on several bikes.

[This message has been edited by jonrev (edited 08-06-2021).]

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

......It is not a bad looking car (If you are into the paint/color scheme).....

Yes, it is.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite feature is the red wire loom on everything under the front hood. Are those particular bits of wiring so important they need red wire loom to call attention to them? Sometimes less is better.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They forgot to install red ignition leads!

Whoever wrote that description should get the Booker prize for fiction.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found the owner's original "for sale" page. I don't know when it was published but he was asking $12,000. How these morons marked it up to $17,500 and actually think they'll get that is beyond me.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets put an end to this debate. I won't mince words. The car is a piece of junk with 232K miles on the OD a rusty undercarriage, an interior that hurts the eyes, and some shiny (looks like Maaco) paint with a big decal. Notice that there are no upper frame shots to see. I pity the guy that pays decent money and gets stuck with this shiny jalopy.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They even cheaped out on the number of stars on the flag!

My favorite part is 'DIMMER' scratched in
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2021 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

My favorite part is 'DIMMER' scratched in

"Making your car your own" is one thing.

Finding someone with exactly the same tastes when you do something like this is another.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2021 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't help but bid on it every time I see it pop up on there.... Spoke with another person selling a Fiero on eBay and they are totally delusional as to their asking price.

That interior is so bad!

TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2021 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img][/img]

It’s almost MINE, yipeeee!
PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2021 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This will be the time they decide to take the bid below reserve.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2021 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you got outbid by their shill bidder
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2021 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also bug's me that they say it only has 1000 miles multiple places when that is clearly a lie.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2021 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:
It’s almost MINE, yipeeee!

You wouldn't bid on that car if I gave you MY money

Also the final bid was $8,100 so I sent them a message to take the money and run.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-10-2021).]

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So after "ribbing" the seller on Ebay, he replied and let me know that it is a consignment sale. I hope they are getting one large percentage of the sale because they'll be listing that car for many more years.
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Put a car on consignment for a crazy amount. Free storage
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2021 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think what is happening is the Seller's "significant other" has said the car has to go. By using a consignment dealer to sell the car, the Seller can tell the S.O. that they trying to sell the car but it's just not making reserve.

The outside ain't that bad. I could live with it for a while. A set of wheels and tyres would do wonders for it but the interior is so-o-o-o ba-a-a-a-d. Guess momma was right. Some folks taste is all in their mouth.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2021 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:
The outside ain't that bad. I could live with it for a while. A set of wheels and tyres would do wonders for it but the interior is so-o-o-o ba-a-a-a-d.

And that was my main arguement. The outside may be salvagable with wheels and repaint the molding but the interior is completely destroyed. I even found a picture where the sunvisors are even white with red stitching so literally EVERY inch of the interior goes in the garbage.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2021 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...the interior is so-o-o-o ba-a-a-a-d.

Hey, if the slider knob (presumably red) wasn't missing, I'd snap this baby up in a heartbeat!

It takes a special kind of passion to go through all that trouble for such a horrible looking outcome.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is great, so now the car JUST got relisted and there's a strange bidding war and it's now at $10,000. Somehow I think we'll see this car relisted again in another week since they're bidding against themselves to make it look like people are interested.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-13-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the interior is so-o-o-o ba-a-a-a-d.

Agreed. Wow. This was... intentional? Makes the "Green booger" looks downright respectable!

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is great, so now the car JUST got relisted and there's a strange bidding war and it's now at $10,000. Somehow I think we'll see this car relisted again in another week since they're bidding against themselves to make it look like people are interested.

Yep. I think you are right. Look at the bids. Shouldn't the bids be increasing as the dates increase? $5000 on 13 Aug 2021 at 1:53:40pm PDT and $7000 on 12 Aug 2021 at 4:23:00pm PDT

$10,100.00 13 Aug 2021 at 1:54:17pm PDT
$10,000.00 12 Aug 2021 at 5:00:03pm PDT
$10,000.00 13 Aug 2021 at 1:54:00pm PDT
$9,000.00 12 Aug 2021 at 4:59:53pm PDT
$7,000.00 12 Aug 2021 at 4:23:00pm PDT
$5,000.00 13 Aug 2021 at 1:53:40pm PDT
$500.00 12 Aug 2021 at 11:57:33am PDT
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep. I think you are right. Look at the bids. Shouldn't the bids be increasing as the dates increase? $5000 on 13 Aug 2021 at 1:53:40pm PDT and $7000 on 12 Aug 2021 at 4:23:00pm PDT

Not only that but since when does a person max out a bid within the first day of a 6 day auction? You wait until the last 10 seconds of the auction on the 6th day and then drop a final large bid hoping to outbid the last guy. I think at this point they're trying to get a feel for what it is really worth and how much longer they are going to allow it on consignment.

In speaking with their sales rep, I feel bad that they are wasting their time on this and they only get a percentage if the car sells.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 08-14-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2021 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In speaking with their sales rep, I feel bad that they are wasting their time on this and they only get a percentage if the car sells.

You "feel bad" for a place that flogs used cars? Seriously?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just tossing this out there... Not 100% sure, but I think that the company that is currently (trying to) sell the "halfway decent" pace car on ebay for over 7 K is a tremendous as$wipe...
longjonsilver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2021 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personally i like the color scheme

------------------
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance.

Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life.

I'm the original owner of a white ' 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983 from Pontiac. Always garaged, no rust, 3800SC, 4-wheel drifts are fun!

IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2021 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, one major bid the next day after the auction started and "feeler" bids all the way to the end. No one legitimate bid on the car. You can see the original bid on the top with the date.
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2021 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Heh
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2021 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Heh

They finally relisted it with the asking price.....$17,500

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock