Indiana Meetup? by yourfriendethan
Started on: 06-17-2021 10:57 AM
Replies: 20 (318 views)
Last post by: yourfriendethan on 07-23-2021 03:59 PM
yourfriendethan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2021 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yourfriendethanSend a Private Message to yourfriendethanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone in Indiana interested in getting together this summer for a cruise, dinner, coffee, etc.?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2021 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I'm not closer but good idea

That reminds me there were a few loose Facebook groups but I'm not sure if there was an Indiana Club in the past?
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/094690.html

Jerb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2021 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JerbSend a Private Message to JerbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That could be pretty fun.

I'm near the center of IN
yourfriendethan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yourfriendethanSend a Private Message to yourfriendethanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I was looking for something like that. Thanks 2.5

I checked out a NIFE meetup last year (Fierorama?), saw some nice cars, met some nice folks. Bit of a drive for me, but thinking about goin back this year.

I'm up in Lafayette, Indy isn't a far drive.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yourfriendethan:

Nice! I was looking for something like that. Thanks 2.5

I checked out a NIFE meetup last year (Fierorama?), saw some nice cars, met some nice folks. Bit of a drive for me, but thinking about goin back this year.

I'm up in Lafayette, Indy isn't a far drive.

Cool. Thats how clubs and groups get started just a few folks getting together for fun Last year was odd, you may have been to their Fiero Day show they held instead of Fierorama in 2020, I missed that one.
Hey here is a larger group that NIFE belongs to. Its a good source for when and where events are.

Website, scroll down for events: https://midwestfieroclubs.aaca.com/

FB, see events section and follow: https://www.facebook.com/midwestfieroclubs

Pic for fun:

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-18-2021).]

G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2021 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in getting together. It's been so long since anything local happened. I'm just southeast of Indy. Anyone have any thoughts on when and where?

Gary
yourfriendethan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2021 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yourfriendethanSend a Private Message to yourfriendethanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm willing to come down to Indy. Have any place in mind? Any weekend this summer works for me.
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll just throw out some suggestions then.

How about July 17th (backup dates the 24th or 31st). Somewhere on the north side of Indy. Eons ago, we used to meet up at Hooters in Castleton but it doesn't have to be there. Time: TBD but I'm thinking early afternoon (1pm-ish).

How far north of Indy are you? There is a Facebook page for the local 'club.' I'll go see if I can drum up some interest over there.

Gary
yourfriendethan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2021 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yourfriendethanSend a Private Message to yourfriendethanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second July 17 at 1pm. It'll give me some time to finish up suspension updates.

I'm cool with Castleton area. Lots of stuff over there if we want to do something after, Hooters is fine with me.

I'm actually up in Lafayette. Maybe an hour drive for me.

[This message has been edited by yourfriendethan (edited 06-24-2021).]

Jerb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2021 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JerbSend a Private Message to JerbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are we thinking something like a parking-lot meet, or cruise, or what?

I know there are several drive-in diners around the southern side of indy. Mug-n-Bun, The Suds, Edwards...

There are some things like graphiti-walls that make good photo ops. As well as trying for photo ops in front of the IMS or over at IRP.
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2021 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since we're essentially starting from square one for reviving the Indy group, I was thinking just a meet-n-greet somewhere. At least to start. If people want to head elsewhere from there, they're welcome to. I'm going to try and get my 86 up and running. It needs the brakes finished, probably battery and I'm praying the injectors aren't stuck shut. Car has been sitting for over 5 years. If I bring it, and trust it won't leave me stranded, I might be up for a cruise.

If this becomes something more regular, I'm up for the Southside. We've met at The Suds before. Ethan is way north is why I thought about having it on the north side somewhere. I don't think you can get thru town on 65 still which makes 465 more traffic-heavy than it usually is.

Gary
PFF
System Bot
Rick6375

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2021 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick6375Send a Private Message to Rick6375Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested, but at the moment, my car is missing a motor/trans. waiting to get mounts and my harness/computer back to finish putting the 3800/4t65e in it. I'm about 40 miles east of Indy.
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2021 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can I get a show of hands who is coming? I will be there but without my Fiero. I'm not going to have time to get it running for the event.

Let me know.

Gary
yourfriendethan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2021 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yourfriendethanSend a Private Message to yourfriendethanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill be there.

Did we decide on Castleton Hooters at 1pm?
G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2021 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes. I'll be in a blue Silverado. See you then

Anyone else?
Jerb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2021 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JerbSend a Private Message to JerbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wife & I should be able to make it with an 85 gt.

Might bring the rc mini-me, even though it's not running.
yourfriendethan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2021 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yourfriendethanSend a Private Message to yourfriendethanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Bringing the 86 gt.

[This message has been edited by yourfriendethan (edited 07-16-2021).]

ltlgt88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2021 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You all should come up to FIERORAMA weekend September 10-12 in St Charles IL. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary show on Sunday the 12th. But events start on Friday night. It is the last all Fiero show of the year, and usually one of the largest!

Info can be found @ http://www.fierofocus.com/fierorama_2010.html

Hope many of you can make it!

[This message has been edited by ltlgt88 (edited 07-18-2021).]

G-Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2021 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our meetup happened and not without glitches. We got there and the sign on the door said hours of operation 4pm - 10pm (We met at 1pm). We had 5 people show up. Ethan, myself and my wife and Mr and Mrs FieroGTguy. Only Ethan brought a running Fiero. We waited until after 1:30 to see if Jerb would show before departing the Hooters parking lot. We ended up going down the street to Twin Peaks. We had a nice time talking and decided to make efforts to meetup on a monthly basis.

Jerb: I'm very sorry we weren't able to meet up. Did you end up heading over? In hindsight, I should have PM'd my contact info to you but I wasn't expecting the issues we had and I couldn't login to PFF from my phone to get a message to you. Check your inbox, I'm going to send you my cell# shortly.

ltlgt88: We'll try to make it. I've been before but it's been a few years. I came home from the meet and got mine running again. I still have some things to do to actually get it on the road but that's far enough out that I should be good.

Gary

Jerb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2021 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JerbSend a Private Message to JerbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something last second came up that i had to deal with, so I didn't make it over there.

Sorry for the inconvienience waiting on me before you relocated.
yourfriendethan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2021 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yourfriendethanSend a Private Message to yourfriendethanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Carshow in Lafayette Indiana July 30-31.

I will be there with my Fiero, bring yours and hangout with me!

this is a FREE event

Join us for the annual Hot Summer Nights Cruise-in & car show hosted by Lafayette Kroozers. Friday, July 30th from 5-9pm, cruise-in your custom or hot rod for free, hang out and listen to good music. Saturday join us for the car show from 8am-3pm (register your ride at https://lafayettekroozers.com/register) or just walk around for free to see the show and shop the sidewalk sales. Fun for the whole family!

*Call 765-491-9068 with any questions

Includes:
D.J. , Dash Plaques, Restaurants and Shopping

Links:
https://www.homeofpurdue.co...idewalk-sales/11777/

https://www.facebook.com/events/474274083661910
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: