Started on: 06-09-2021 08:43 PM
Replies: 11 (422 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 09-23-2021 09:54 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The date is September 24, 25, &I 26, 2021.

PRE-REGISTRATION FORM
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIVBwmJg8DFsEWWDtUuv_XwHxtBFdFWGiNPBUO9e1nURPjMA/viewform
The Run For The Hills #26 route has been finalized. We will begin in Clayton, GA with the famous Warwoman Road and follow some of our old paths through Highlands and Cashiers on our way to the Jukebox Junction in Canton, NC for our sit-down lunch.

From that point, we will take new roads, working our way on some very winding roads to a short drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway where we will have ample photo ops. We will finish it off with another super-winding road before arriving at our hotel in Asheville, NC.

There will also be an alternate and less winding sightseeing route available for those who wish to be a part of the comradery without the white knuckle effect.

Saturday evening dinner is planned for Applebee's but hasn't been finalized as of this time. The alternate will be a Mexican Restaurant nearby.

The Event T-shirt can be ordered at www.gafiero.org in our Club Merchandise tab. Cutoff date is September 15, 2021.

Clayton, Ga. to Asheville, NC via Highlands, Cashiers, Canton, and Blue Ridge Parkway.
We will provide a more sedate Sightseer Route guided by our Club President for those who may have issues with car sickness.

Restaurant ideas?
Lunch in Canton, NC at Jukebox Junction. Evening dinner in Asheville at either Applebees or El Chapala III. Yet To Be Determined.

The September 24 Clayton, Ga. Hotel is Days Inn, 54 US 441, Phone 706-801-4051, Group Sales. Ask for Georgia Fiero Club rates at $69.95 + 18% tax. The cutoff date for discount rates is September 5. You must call this number. Do not call the hotel direct. You won't get club discount rates if you do.

The September 25 Asheville Hotel is Red Roof Inn, 16 Crowell Road. Phone 800-733-7663. Use Block Code B146GFC925 to get our group rate at $123.24 + 13% tax for double full-size beds, or $127.49 + 13% tax for one of 3 King bedrooms. The cutoff date is August 25 for discount rates.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 08-03-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2021 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hotel information has been edited into the first posting. At each hotel, be sure to book under Georgia Fiero Club or the block code as indicated to take advantage of our group rates.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 06-23-2021).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2021 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2021 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to seeing all those Fieros. Mine won't be there but, that doesn't mean I don't want to see yours.

Rams
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2021 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please note. A pre-registration form has been added to the first post.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdIVBwmJg8DFsEWWDtUuv_XwHxtBFdFWGiNPBUO9e1nURPjMA/viewform

Visit us on Facebook at The Georgia Fiero Club

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 08-03-2021).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Asheville hotel has notified us that only 6 rooms of our block have been taken. The cutoff date is August 25.

Only 4 rooms are taken in Clayton.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 08-11-2021).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2021 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A reminder that the Red Roof Inn, Asheville West discount rates expire tomorrow, August 25. If you aren't sure whether you will join us, you can make reservations, then cancel if plans change. This is one great run that you don't want to miss.

A little preview of the straighter roads we will be traveling this year.
https://youtu.be/Hww51v40SAs
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2021 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, we're on the final stretch to some great driving roads. I was really looking forward to this event as I do each year. I was also looking forward to meeting Rams, and a friend from the MAFOA club who's coming down as well as many old acquaintances.

Unfortunately, I am in solitaire confinement. Though I have had the vaccination, I tested positive on Sunday for Covid. It hit my church members pretty hard with about 1/3 testing positive over the past week.

For those that ordered event tshirts, Pat (Topnotch) will have them. He's the guy with the long braided pony tail.

Everyone be sure to get your route sheet as soon as you arrive, fill out and return the registration form so we have emergency info and a headcount for our restaurant seating. We must notify the restaurants before departing Saturday morning.

If you arrive Friday, do a final check of your car's fluids and tire pressures. Be sure your fuel tank is full. There are 2 stations adjacent to the hotel in Clayton. The Ingles station will probably be the cheapest.

Be Safe. Enjoy. The team put a lot into planning this run for you.
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The word congregation should have been a clue!!!!!

Sad that you will miss the event after all the work.
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PK:

The word congregation should have been a clue!!!!!

Sad that you will miss the event after all the work.

Thanks, PK. There were others who helped make this possible, too. it has to be a team effort and not just the responsibility of one. They wll be leading the charge this weekend.

At church, we are spaced out every other row and only people who associate daily sit together. Many of the older still wear masks and leave immediately after the message. Lots of our older infirm members haven't returned after the initial outbreak last year. I'm very concerned for a 95 year old friend who was hugged by the young person whom we believe brought it into church on the weekend before everyone started getting sick.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry you are unable to attend, I know you enjoy the RftH immensely.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2021 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Joe. Yes, I do really enjoy it, but I enjoy seeing others enjoy even more.

Anyone coming, bring some warm clothing. It's expected to drop into the mid to high 40's at night in 'Them Thar Hills.' 75-80 daytime temps.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock