Started on: 06-09-2021 01:50 AM
Replies: 6 (197 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 06-10-2021 05:20 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageClick Here to Email TheDigitalAlchemistSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was thinking of shipping a car from Washington state to New York. Was seeing about 1,900 total cost. Would rather get it done by someone "in the family".

Anyone here ship Fieros and such?

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 06-09-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 446
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickClick Here to Email PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheDigitalAlchemist:

Was thinking of shipping a car from Washington state to New York.

Geez, couldn't you find one in Alaska... or Hawaii?

ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It cost me 700.00 to have one shipped from Dallas, TX to North Carolina

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stay away from Reindeer Auto Relocation, they just sub it out to the lowest bidder, and the car may change several shady hands in the process. The moron they sent ripped a trans cooling line off my car. Afterwards the assured me they'd ship it in an enclosed trailer. It showed up covered with typical long-haul grime and dirt, in a motorcycle trailer. AFTER trying to drop it off 4 hours south of the destination.
Skybax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is something I deal with on a regular basis with my occupation... Most shippers are brokered out, so you don't really know who has your car, and some people are ok with that. However, depending on how valuable the car is and how concerned you are about it, many folks prefer to use a reputable independent carrier where the company has their own trucks and drivers, which is becoming more rare these days. You also have the one man operations and I know 4 good ones, but the problem is they are highly sought after and usually booked for 4 to 8 weeks out. I know of 4 independent larger carriers, but they all run east coast only so that won't help you. The only larger independent shipper that I recommend to my customers for coast to coast is Reliable Carriers, here is their website... https://reliablecarriers.com/

PS: You could also message blackrams and see if he is bored and willing to make a run like that, but I don't think he would haul coast to coast plus empty miles.

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 06-09-2021).]

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 396
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't it be cheaper to rent a truck and drive it home yourself?
That's a long trip, are Fiero's getting that rare?
TheDigitalAlchemist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageClick Here to Email TheDigitalAlchemistSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Wouldn't it be cheaper to rent a truck and drive it home yourself?
That's a long trip, are Fiero's getting that rare?

That WOULD be a nice trip... but I just might not come back.

Heh

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock