Started on: 05-29-2021 10:21 PM
Replies: 10 (338 views)
Last post by: lou_dias on 06-03-2021 07:48 PM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2021 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vertical video? Your camera-person needs to be replaced.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2021 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The kid that films every event should have his video out in a couple of days.
I ended up revving beyond mapped fuel at the launch because of the lack of traction, really thought we were gonna collide in turn 2 and 4.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything is breaking lately...

[This message has been edited by lou_dias (edited 05-31-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need more duck tape and a bigger hammer!

What the heck happened? Did a BJ shear?
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mOIdnVuuOM

Most likely cracked the bolts when I hit the wall a few years back...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Damn! So what were you doing with the car at the time it let go?
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Luckily it broke off when backing into my yard...after taking a friend for a quick joyride.
It would have been a whole different situation had it happened on the track or on the highway while driving home.

I believe the welds/bolts broke when I hit the wall a few years ago and it just took a while for driving vibrations to finish the job...
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2021 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the whole event...should be clearer now how wet the track was...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2021 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't even enjoy autocrossing on wet pavement. There's no way I'd want to be on an oval track running against another car!

Although the final race turned out be be anti-climatic, that little red Nissan had been rather impressive earlier.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2021 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I don't even enjoy autocrossing on wet pavement. There's no way I'd want to be on an oval track running against another car!

Although the final race turned out be be anti-climatic, that little red Nissan had been rather impressive earlier.

Yeah, he finally upgraded his tires to match the treadwear of the rest of us on my advice in 2019 (there was no 2020 season because of the scamdemic). Since all cars lost their launch advantage on the wet track - he was able to hang in there and show off his engine's top end. Thing revs to ~9000 rpm...

Because of the slippery track, he lowered his drop-clutch and stalled at the line....then over-revved it trying to catch up and spun out in turn 2. I did something similar in 2001 witch much worse results...
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock