Undercarriage pics by ekinodum
Started on: 05-26-2021 08:40 PM
Replies: 12 (700 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-11-2021 08:30 AM
ekinodum

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2021 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ekinodumSend a Private Message to ekinodumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what the underside of a Fiero looks like after sitting outside in a field in Southern California for 9 years

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2021 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad, considering. Looks like the previous owner had clutch issues. 86 or 87 SE?
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2021 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those pics would have come in handy a few years ago when I was painting my 1/18th-scale Fiero model. I spent a lot of time painting and "rusting" the underneath of it but was mostly going by memory.

That red cross-brace there by the fuel tank adds 5 HP don't you know. Because it's red!
ekinodum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2021 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ekinodumSend a Private Message to ekinodumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an '86 SE.
Now I'm thinking of painting some more parts red, so I can make it up the grade...
Skybax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2021 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good, most midwest/northeastern'ers with love to have that, doesn't surprise me for being a So Cal car. I bought a 71 VW out of So Cal years ago and the undercarriage was mint.

My Fiero is from Colorado and I was shocked at the condition of the underside, even the yellow paint on the control arms looks new, pretty remarkable for a 36-year-old car with 80,000 miles...

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2021 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yipes, I'd be concerned about what kind of unfriendly creature might drop out of the car onto my person, standing under there like that.

It seems like we have had a rash of Fieros abandoned in fields lately ...
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spent as much time sanding my inner guards and under the car. One thing i am proud of is my install of my custom body kit it doesn't have any daggy bits and my undercarriage looks pretty good apart from a few marks on cooling piples. Too low to get a camera under it.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 05-31-2021).]

coolink13

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coolink13Send a Private Message to coolink13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing. I'm curious? Is that a manual ? If so is Is that a clutch line that I see? If so? Is that the factory location? I will converting from a Auto to Manual.
ekinodum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2021 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ekinodumSend a Private Message to ekinodumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coolink13:

Thanks for sharing. I'm curious? Is that a manual ? If so is Is that a clutch line that I see? If so? Is that the factory location? I will converting from a Auto to Manual.

It's a manual 4-speed, and when I bought it the clutch line had been replaced with a braided line. I don't know if that's the factory location.

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2021 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was this car sitting in one of the Vineyards in Paso Robles?
ekinodum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ekinodumSend a Private Message to ekinodumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I had three for sale and this one and one other has been sold.
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Michigan guys are jealous
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2021 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is not the factory routing on the clutch hydraulic line.

The clutch line follows a path similar to the long brake line that runs front to back on the passenger side - just mirror imaged so it fits on the driver side.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock