Brake booster filter by hunter29
Started on: 04-12-2021 09:30 PM
Replies: 8 (353 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 04-21-2021 10:17 PM
hunter29

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so I dug up the old thread from 2006, now fifteen years later what are you guys doing to replace this filter, can I still get one? from who? Been looking , no luck so far..thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summit Racing have them. Look for Brake Booster Check Valves. I've got a Raybestos CV89000 - Raybestos PG Plus Professional Grade Power Brake Booster Check Valves

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mike in Sydney

657 posts
Member since Sep 2011
deleted duplicate post

[This message has been edited by Mike in Sydney (edited 04-13-2021).]

hunter29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, but I don't need the check valve I'm looking for the filter..
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIRC, it was only on early cars ... do you mean this?

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-4019-80195.aspx

Autozone shows them as available but OReilly doesn't, so they may be unobtanium at this point ..shrug..

-- A
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
84-86 Booster Filter is in Engine Bay on Front wall next to Wire Hardness passthru.
Pull out filter and see if air moves easy. If plugged then bypass w/ metal tube.
Before connected this way....
Disconnect booster check valve, and use compress air to clear the pipe going thru the cabin. A lot of crap can sit there for years, get loose and suck by the engine.

I'm not sure if OE filter can be cleaned. I don't have one to take apart to see how it's made or could clean w/o doing more damage.

⚠️ Why Bypass? After market filters are Plastic cases and have problems next to the exhaust.

87+ doesn't have the filter.
Booster pipe is also Bigger then others and uses booster check valve to fit bigger hose.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

hunter29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

IIRC, it was only on early cars ... do you mean this?

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-4019-80195.aspx

Autozone shows them as available but OReilly doesn't, so they may be unobtanium at this point ..shrug..

-- A

Thanks, Don't know yet, haven't gone looking for it yet..
hunter29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hunter29Send a Private Message to hunter29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hunter29

216 posts
Member since Feb 2020

Originally posted by theogre:

84-86 Booster Filter is in Engine Bay on Front wall next to Wire Hardness passthru.
Pull out filter and see if air moves easy. If plugged then bypass w/ metal tube.
Before connected this way....
Disconnect booster check valve, and use compress air to clear the pipe going thru the cabin. A lot of crap can sit there for years, get loose and suck by the engine.

I'm not sure if OE filter can be cleaned. I don't have one to take apart to see how it's made or could clean w/o doing more damage.

⚠️ Why Bypass? After market filters are Plastic cases and have problems next to the exhaust.

87+ doesn't have the filter.
Booster pipe is also Bigger then others and uses booster check valve to fit bigger hose.

Thanks, I'll check it out and see.. Why can we make own own... or retrofit something used for another purpose.

I have a friend who is a maintenance guy at an auto plant, I'll ask him if he uses anything like this filter.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hunter29:

Thanks, I'll check it out and see.. Why can we make own own... or retrofit something used for another purpose.

I have a friend who is a maintenance guy at an auto plant, I'll ask him if he uses anything like this filter.

The filter was eliminated after 1985 so replacing it with a straight tube should be OK.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock