My first drive with 305 V8 by Roger Walling
Started on: 04-12-2021 03:58 PM
Replies: 9 (509 views)
Last post by: Roger Walling on 04-14-2021 04:55 PM
Roger Walling

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[img]http://i mages.fieroforum.com/userimages/Roger%2520Walling/IMG_1356.JPG[/img] I took my 85 out for a ride with my new motor for the first time
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how was it?

------------------
84SE, aero body, 4 speed and an injected 355 V8

fierofrenzy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2021 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see that......
Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It rides very well, corners like it is on tracks. A little noisy with the carb so close to my head, but who cares?
The only problem that I have when driving it is that people are always blowing their horns at me and taking pictures right alongside.

The body was lengthened with 1x2" tubing with 16 Ga. sheet steel sides welded making a space frame.
The center of weight is about 1 foot in front of the rear tire.
It has a 305 GM with a 700R4 and a 64 Corvette rear with a 62 center section.
The driveline is a Double Cardan CV H yoke that couples the trans yoke to the pinion yoke.
It cost a whopping $24, talk about a cheap driveshaft!
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is really neat looking. It's funny that you drive something that will so obviously get attention, but are upset with the attention!

Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2021 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not that I don't like the attention, it is scary when someone hits the horn while you are taking a corner, or if you are driving at 65mph and someone moves right alongside you while steering and trying to take a picture at the same time.
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2021 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driving that thing at 65?

Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2021 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The windshield is at eye higth and the wind blows right over my head.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2021 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting
Roger Walling

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2021 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Roger WallingSend a Private Message to Roger WallingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few build details

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock