Transporting by Lilchief
Started on: 04-10-2021 10:22 PM
Replies: 1 (130 views)
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 04-11-2021 01:51 PM
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering how everyone loads and unloads their fieros into an enclosed car hauler. Example, drive it in, push it or winch it. How do you get in and out of the car. I assume you leave a window down. What's your technic.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drive mine into the trailer. Having a 5 speed, I drive up the ramp until the front wheels hit the ramps, then I stop to making sure I'm lined up right. Then I drive it slowly up into the trailer without slipping the clutch. I can feel when the rear wheels clear the ramp, then slowly pull it into position. If possible have someone guide you until you get the hang of it, it can be scary.

It's a tight fit, I leave the window down, there's room to open the door enough to get one leg out, then bring the other leg out over the top of the door/window. I've been told it looks funny getting in & out, so far, no one has snapped a funny photo of that ! (that I know of) I keep a towel to drape over the door edge so it doesn't get scratched.

An electric winch would make it easier, if I ever got one, I would still "ride" inside the car so I can hit the brakes, once the car is inside the trailer, it tends to roll forward.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-11-2021).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock