Replies: 21 (875 views)
Last post by: 88FGT on 05-06-2021 06:14 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather take the train.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So he started with a Camaro......

Fugly, angles are all wrong.

Why is the front fender so tall over the wheel arch?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd make a few changes to it (fewer creases in the doors, and a slightly different roofline) but, for the most part, I like it better than most of the "wild guess" renderings I have seen over the years.
MarkS

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSSend a Private Message to MarkSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read that article last night. The super sexy IROC doesn't have plastic hanging off the bottom?

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not too keen on the rear view, but from the front it looks fine.

...and that rear deck looks awfully short for a mid-engine car.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-06-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks better than the new Camaro; I still think GM should be doing a 1970 1/2 Camaro retro version....When that one came out it blew everyone away- looked so futuristic compared to Mustangs and Cudas and such back then...

skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Artist clearly missed that the new C8 with retractable hard top is just the 2020 Fiero just under the Chevy branding

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

Artist clearly missed that the new C8 with retractable hard top is just the 2020 Fiero just under the Chevy branding

Please don't insult the Fiero by comparing it to a Shitvette
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Please don't insult the Fiero by comparing it to a Shitvette

Easy now.... Let's not go hating on the vette. (says the guy working in Bowling Green) We ALL know the Fiero was first, but at least GM is offering a mid-engine again.
As far as the "new Fiero" goes, I'll stick with the 80's version.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

.autoevolution.c...-fashion-158806.html
🤮

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every C8 owner I have talked to raves about the car, and are experienced Corvette owners.
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I wanted a Corvette, I'd buy a Corvette. Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful pieces of machinery and a blast to drive. Especially if you want a boorish obnoxiously loud car you can't see out of. (At least that was my experience with the C7's I test drove, as the C8 wasn't yet available.) The Fiero on the other hand is quieter, perhaps a smidge classier even, and honestly, I get more people stopping me to chat about it than a Vette (I bet even a C8.)

Also, my plates :haha:

As seen here, as in "Look at all dem not C8's!"

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 04-07-2021).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your license plate, Aaron....I don't like the C8 Vette because A) The styling is not Vette- more Japanese, B) IT weighs close to 3600 lbs, and C) The weight distribution is 39/61 which is as bad as a 911 Por-ka.....Also, D) No manual trans.....I think that 8 speed trany must weigh 3-400 lbs....This would explain the weight and distribution.

"A Sports Car must have a MANUAL transmission"

I think the Mid-Engine Vette should look like the Aerovette....

GM knew how to style a car back then!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 04-07-2021).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Camaro and Fiero had a baby.. maybe.

But it actually looks like it is stretched out way farther in that front view pic, look where the front of the rear tire lines up with the sail panel. Also in the rear view the air inlet is suddenly under the sail panel. It is overall in unrealistic rendering. It doesnt seem that wide.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 04-07-2021).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad looking but to much Camaro in it not enough Pontiac Fiero
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:GM knew how to style a car back then!

You mean when John DeLorean was head? :haha: The Aerovette had gullwing doors, musta been a DeLorean fave. (And a rotary engine at some point. Concept cars are weird.)

Along with the Countach, the Aerovette has always had a special place in my heart, just from a styling perspective. The other great wall pr0n , IMO, is the Alfa Romeo Carabo (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_Carabo ) Almost twenty years before the Fiero, and yet you can see an angular Fiero in there wanting to get out

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 04-08-2021).]

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2021 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To me the nose has been changed too much such that it no longer resembles a Fiero nose, more like the Camaro. Overall, as someone already mentioned, too many creases.

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really have a problem with the length of the wheelbase. The hood looks like its big enough to hold a normal front engine configuration and it puts off the lines for the rest of the car. I haven't really seen anything other than the GM '90 Fiero GT that holds true to the Fiero. Its a four letter F-word to GM, they will NEVER bring it back regardless of bringing back Pontiac and regardless of the C8 excitement.
vertigo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2021 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vertigo1Send a Private Message to vertigo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WKDFIRO:

I really have a problem with the length of the wheelbase. The hood looks like its big enough to hold a normal front engine configuration and it puts off the lines for the rest of the car. I haven't really seen anything other than the GM '90 Fiero GT that holds true to the Fiero. Its a four letter F-word to GM, they will NEVER bring it back regardless of bringing back Pontiac and regardless of the C8 excitement.

Which is truly tragic because the Solstice was one of the best cars GM released in recent memory (I own a GXP). You take the modern engineering of that car and combine it with mid-engined performance handling of an 80's era Fiero and you have something that kicks the Miata's arse.
We need a "poor man's Corvette". Obviously not viable and given the EPA crack down in the last few months I doubt anything with an ICE will get made going forward but even a nice Tesla Roadster killer would be pretty cool if it has to be that way.

Agreed that this rendering did NOT tickle my fancy. Does not look like a Fiero and as many other's have said; where's the engine located with that short of a decklid? LOL

------------------
"The last 29 days of the month are the hardest" - Nikola Tesla

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always been my favorite concept rendering. A bit Vette-ish, but . . . .

PFF
System Bot
88FGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2021 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FGTSend a Private Message to 88FGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few things I would change about it would be to make it narrower, more angular and less rounded-looking, and add pop-up headlights, but make them a little sleeker. I know a lot of people who still love pop-up headlights, and I think that's one of the things that makes the looks of the Fiero unique compared to other American sportscars of its class.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock