week-end ride fiero 2.8 v6 custom exhaust by zobari
Started on: 04-05-2021 04:15 PM
Replies: 14 (624 views)
Last post by: zobari on 05-16-2021 08:02 AM
zobari

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

Here is some videos and pics when I've drove my 1988 fiero gt 2.8 v6 last weekend

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 04-05-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks and sounds great!

Tell your passenger if they ever shoot vertical video (#3) again that they're walking home.
zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Looks and sounds great!

Tell your passenger if they ever shoot vertical video (#3) again that they're walking home.

LOL
Thanks for your comment
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That does sound nice. Please remind me what custom exhaust you have. Also, now I remember that custom intake you did. Are you pleased with the performance?
zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 04:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I feel better response and engine breath better for higher rpm but not big changes in low rpm. More sporty engine feeling with better usable rpm range in the high side.

It's difficult for me to get a big gm engine here in my country but in the states or in Canada a better engine is more a clever solution if you want a big improvement I think.

I've ported the 6 loggers headers and I have removed the restriction in the y pipe and I have modded the upper intake manifold dawg mod and more volume for the plenum

For the exhaust is a custom with round muffler (50cm) inplace of the cat, I don't have a cat you can see the picture below.

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 04-06-2021).]

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't hear enough squealing tires around those round-a-bouts.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good low tone. What brand/model did you go with for the muffler?
zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Generic universal round muffler 20 inch long like borla for example inplace of the cat but see the picture, the exhaust must be customised because the stock has different pipe for the muffler and the tone is different than mine.

Other example in the states with the 2.8 v6 :

https://youtu.be/mFt1o1c_gQg

Custom, exhaust with cat 2.5 in the stares

See the comments with a sport cat and a small round muffler than mine custom muffler but the tone is very near

My fiero doesn't have cat

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 04-06-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car and one of the best sounding exhausts that I've heard. You probably picked up 10 more horsepower. I noticed very little traffic in the videos allowing for a more aggressive drive.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Zobari, did you notice a loss in torque when you removed the y-pipe restriction? I ask because one of the mods recommended to improve HP and gas mileage for Holden Jackaroos (Isuzu Trooper) on the 4x4 websites down-under is to remove the factory installed restrictor in the exhaust system where the left and right exhaust headers join. I remove the restrictions in my '97 3..2L Jackaroo and the mileage and throttle response was much better. The seat of the pants dyno, however, said that the low end torque had suffered some. According to other post on 4x4 boards this is normal. Just wondering what you experienced on your car.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2021 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lived in Bocholt for 4 years while stationed in Belgium. Played American football for the Leuven Lions during that time as well.

BTW, car sounds good.
PFF
System Bot
zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2021 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike in Sydney:

Zobari, did you notice a loss in torque when you removed the y-pipe restriction? I ask because one of the mods recommended to improve HP and gas mileage for Holden Jackaroos (Isuzu Trooper) on the 4x4 websites down-under is to remove the factory installed restrictor in the exhaust system where the left and right exhaust headers join. I remove the restrictions in my '97 3..2L Jackaroo and the mileage and throttle response was much better. The seat of the pants dyno, however, said that the low end torque had suffered some. According to other post on 4x4 boards this is normal. Just wondering what you experienced on your car.

I don't notice any difference in the low end personally, the only change that i feel is after 3500-4000 rpm

zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2021 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 05-22-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2021 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zobari:

I have sold my fiero today... I wish the happiness with your fieros. Thank you for your supports and helps.

With the Fiero gone, I'm sorry to hear that you'll apparently no longer be frequenting here. You've got some impressive fabrication skills, and I've enjoyed reading your posts. Good luck with your next project, whatever it might be!
zobari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2021 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zobariSend a Private Message to zobariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Patrick for your response 👍

[This message has been edited by zobari (edited 05-22-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock