Fiero Shipping by ChuckLS1
Started on: 04-03-2021 12:39 AM
Replies: 7 (324 views)
Last post by: ChuckLS1 on 04-20-2021 09:22 PM
ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for a shipper for Fiero I am purchasing. The car is in Dallas and I need it shipped to Greensboro, NC. I have contacted Blackrams, not sure if he ships anymore. All the quotes I'm getting are over $1000.00.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$1000 sounds right. I shipped my silver GT from L.A. to Fayetteville in 2011. Cost me $1300 USD. In 2018, I shipped my black GT from Holland, MI to Fayetteville for $950 USD. Both were shipped open trailer. Shipping from Charleston, SC to Sydney was $2000 USD.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might try U-Ship. If you locate a shipper in your area who is heading in the direction of your location from the sellers area you might get a good deal but I believe that around $1000 is a pretty common rate. You can also look on Craig's list.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2021 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a site online where you could put in where the pick up/delivery locations would be, and car carriers would bid on it if interested. I got about 6 calls and emails in the first hour. Found someone to bring my car up from Florida (Orlando area? I think?) to Raleigh for 700.

I don't think it was u-ship (their site is not showing up as "viewed" in my browser, and I don't clear that part of my browser history), but I can't seem to find the site right now. If you go through a bid site like that though, it's less footwork for you, just a burst of eager salesmen reaching out to you for a couple of days. And since they know it's a bid, they will give their best price.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

I found a site online where you could put in where the pick up/delivery locations would be, and car carriers would bid on it if interested. I got about 6 calls and emails in the first hour. Found someone to bring my car up from Florida (Orlando area? I think?) to Raleigh for 700.

I don't think it was u-ship (their site is not showing up as "viewed" in my browser, and I don't clear that part of my browser history), but I can't seem to find the site right now. If you go through a bid site like that though, it's less footwork for you, just a burst of eager salesmen reaching out to you for a couple of days. And since they know it's a bid, they will give their best price.

You can get some good prices that way but I would make sure that the shipper is insured. There are some fly-by-night gypsies out there that do not carry insurance or you can buy insurance through your carrier.

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 04-04-2021).]

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2021 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used these guys to ship a car (Fiero) from CA to OH and it was right at $900 to drop it in front of my house.

Creative RIdes

I initially talked to a "Mike" @ 954-445-2231

I talked to the actual driver when he was picking the car up and he communicated with me the entire time while in transit.

Good experience in my opinion.

HAGO!
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found a shipper, $850.00, which includes the $150.0 winch fee since the car does not start. I used MoverJet Logistics. They had some pretty good Google reviews. The person delivering the car is local here in this area where I live. I should get it Tuesday.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2021 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car got delivered today, was in good shape. I was very happy with the shipper!

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay