Started on: 01-05-2021 06:38 PM
Replies: 124 (4037 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-20-2021 11:58 AM
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Hey, Jennifer, how many do you have registered? Still working on the Georgia gang. I think at least 2 of us are coming.

We are up to 86!! 87 & 88 get special prizes and if we hit 90 by March 31, everyone pre-registered is eligible to win a free Fieros at Carlisle 27 t-shirt that we will give away. Our most recent giveaway winners were Van Heath (#86) and Jason G. who won the free t-shirt at 85 registrants.

If anyone reading this wants to join the fun - head to www.mafoa.com to register today!

~ Jen
IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So those that waited until later to register (85, 86, 87 & 88) get prizes. those that registered early and got things going are left out? I am not looking for anything, as I was somewhere in the middle Just saying....

This is going to be a great show from the looks of it so far. There is no Daytona show this year, as nobody planned anything, so hopefully that will increase the turnout at Carlisle. I know a group from Michigan always came down for Daytona, maybe they will divert to PA this year

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

So those that waited until later to register (85, 86, 87 & 88) get prizes. those that registered early and got things going are left out? I am not looking for anything, as I was somewhere in the middle Just saying....

This is going to be a great show from the looks of it so far. There is no Daytona show this year, as nobody planned anything, so hopefully that will increase the turnout at Carlisle. I know a group from Michigan always came down for Daytona, maybe they will divert to PA this year

In the past, those of us who registered early usually were rewarded with a shirt. (1st 20 if I remember correctly). Don't know if that's the case this year. It's the dues payed for membership to MAFOA that generate the funds for the 'freebees' along with vendor donations. Not all who come to Carlisle and take part in the get together are members of MAFOA but all are eligible for the prizes, drawing etc..,

We can usually count on a free 'Carlisle Car wash'. Some times it's just a light shower, sometimes an all day drizzle and on occasion a tropical storm!

Its always a good time with good people.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2021 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

We are doing prizes at various points the journey. First 30 got shirts, First 75 got guarantees gift bags - now we are doing some incentivizing at later points. Additionally anyone registered before certain points was entered to win additional items. So lots of winners ;-)
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I may let the cat out of the bag a bit Carlisle pre-registration is now just a few short of 100 Fieros. Short of the anniversary shows this event will be one of the largest Pontiac Fiero shows in the world. if you are looking for some real excitement in this shut in Covid time; come on down, the show will be open as usual.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2021 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are officially up to 97 as of this AM!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We hit 98! Below is our more recent email update:

Hi All,

We are so excited as plans continue to shape up for the 27th Annual Fieros at Carlisle. Thank you so much for registering in advance as this has already helped us navigate some planning for an event with numbers that we have not seen in 20 years!

First, a reminder that if you have not already done so - reserve your room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites ASAP - rooms are very limited at this point. The number is 717-243-2080. If a backup hotel is needed, there is a Holiday Inn next door but we are unsure of their availability at this time. Their number is 717-241-0052.

Next, due to large numbers we had to make some adjustments to our scheduled events on Thursday/Friday - namely, switching dinner plans. Thursday night will now be a Wing Welcome Night & Parts Swap at Tom Derr's and Friday night will be a MAFOA Pizza Party at the Carlisle Fairgrounds. We will follow up with information on payment/food closer to the event but wanted to let everyone know of this change. If you would like to see Tom's parts collection but are unable to make it on Friday night, you can contact Tom about bringing parts Friday or Saturday or making a trip out to his place which is nearby as time permits.

We are aiming to have Friday's cruise take us to the Lindt Chocolate Factory south of Carlisle and on some beautiful back roads, as well as an additional stop for lunch and ice cream. More details for this activity will shape up in May as current PA Covid restrictions are making planning that portion difficult.

Saturday is the official show day although events will take place at the Fairgrounds for GM Nationals on Friday as well. Saturday will bring us the 7 main classes from Carlisle productions, nearly 20 special awards from MAFOA, a tech session by Pickardt Performance and more!

We also plan to develop a "help along your route" list for those of you traveling to the show to provide additional support. Stay tuned in May/June for info on that initiative.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Best,

~ Jen
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2021 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was in contact with Jen this week and it seems MAFOA has far exceeded the expected pre-registration number by quite a bit. I'll let Jen post the new numbers but if we go by prior years, the gate registrations (same day) have represented up to an additional 50% of the pre-registrants. IMO, this could be the largest number of Fieros attending the Carlisle event ever. Come on down and take the nice drive to Carlisle. This is really where its at.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

This morning, we hit 111 pre-registrants for Fieros at Carlisle 27. This number has exceeded our wildest dreams and we are so excited to host so many amazing Fiero enthusiasts this June. If you'd like to join us, head to www.mafoa.com to register. Pre-registrations will be taken through May 20.

As a pre-registrant you will receive your "Gate N' Go" pass from Carlisle about 1 week after May 24. If you do not receive it by June 5 please let us know unless we offer another update before then.

Next, a reminder that if you have not already done so and plan to come - reserve your room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites ASAP - rooms are very limited at this point. The number is 717-243-2080. If a backup hotel is needed, there is a Holiday Inn next door but we are unsure of their availability at this time. Their number is 717-241-0052. If you have trouble with reservations at either, please let me know and I can offer some additional suggestions.

Our current plans, including a special new addition in planning is below:

Thursday: Hotel Check-Ins, Subs & Swaps at Tom Derr's in Mechanicsburg PA (bring any spare parts you wish to sell/swap) and (in planning) screening of Fast & Furious 9.
Costs: Dinner is by donation (recommended at least $7 per person), Movie Theater Ticket & Snacks (TBA)

Friday: Fairgrounds time at GM Nationals, Midday cruise to Lindt Chocolate Factory with lunch/ice cream, Pizza Party at the Fairgrounds, Cruise Night and/or High Speed Go-Karting
Costs: Food for the day, $5 per person for the pizza party

Saturday: Fieros at Carlisle 27 Show Day, Dinner at Hickory Ridge, Awards at the Fairgrounds and Sports Emporium Go-Karting
Costs: Food and Sports Emporium Spending (if desired)

Sunday: Farewell Breakfast (Location TBA)
Costs: Food

More details to be firmed up as we get closer due to evolving PA Covid-19 Protocols.

A reminder that, Saturday is the official show day although events will take place at the Fairgrounds for GM Nationals on Friday as well. Saturday will bring us the 7 main classes from Carlisle productions, nearly 20 special awards from MAFOA, a tech session by Pickardt Performance, a roving tech session by Fiero Jon and more!

We also plan to develop a "help along your route" list for those of you traveling to the show to provide additional support. Stay tuned in May/June for info on that initiative.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Best,

~ Jen
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pre-registration numbers for Saturdays show have come in at an astounding rate and are still coming in. I trust that Jennifer will be posting the new pre-reg numbers shortly but it looks like we should see a row of Fieros with 36" between them, door to door, 1/4 mile long. At Carlisle they use a double row and that will be 1/8 mile in length. I predict this show will be the largest MAFOA event in the clubs history. The event goes Thurs, Fri, the big show on Saturday and will end on Sunday. Come on down, its a fun event with nice folks from all over and some really great cars. You need not have a show car Fiero to participate. All Fieros and everyone is welcome.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Currently Mike and I still intend to show up at Carlisle. IF we bring my Fiero, it will not yet be under it's own power, it'll be on a trailer, but at least folks can check out Mike's work first hand and ask a bunch of questions.

I don't want to pre-register and back out at the last minute, potentially robbing someone of a room/spot, so if we do show up, we'll own the "penalty" of likely having to get a hotel room in the next city over.
PFF
System Bot
mousemeat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mousemeatSend a Private Message to mousemeatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
great to see the huge response to the upcoming event....I'm thinking of driving up from Memphis...close to a 1,000 mile trek...but I'm still crunching logistics, etc

if not, I'll be there in spirit...cheering y'all on...
swing69

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swing69Send a Private Message to swing69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MERA 8118 is now ready! 🙂 Will be registered for Saturday.....still trying to swing Friday . Fingers crossed!!
Mike
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing, sounds like its the year to attended even if you can't bring your Fiero.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2021 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

Currently Mike and I still intend to show up at Carlisle. IF we bring my Fiero, it will not yet be under it's own power, it'll be on a trailer, but at least folks can check out Mike's work first hand and ask a bunch of questions.

I don't want to pre-register and back out at the last minute, potentially robbing someone of a room/spot, so if we do show up, we'll own the "penalty" of likely having to get a hotel room in the next city over.

I soooo hope you can make it to see you in person ;-)

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2021 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by mousemeat:

great to see the huge response to the upcoming event....I'm thinking of driving up from Memphis...close to a 1,000 mile trek...but I'm still crunching logistics, etc

if not, I'll be there in spirit...cheering y'all on...

I hope you can make it! There are a few people coming up from Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky so maybe you guys can travel together!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2021 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by swing69:

MERA 8118 is now ready! 🙂 Will be registered for Saturday.....still trying to swing Friday . Fingers crossed!!
Mike

Yay! Can't wait to see it!!!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2021 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

If you decide to pre-register there will be plenty of room and you will not be bumping anyone out of place. If you decide the register the day of the show at the gate, Carlisle events should not turn you away. The Carlisle Fairgrounds is huge, 82 acres large to be exact and some estimates have it at over 100 acres. The GM Nationals show field capacity is over 5,000 cars and it looks like it may be close to full house this year. Carlisle events provides an exclusive area for MAFOA that can hold a large amount of Fieros with a big tent in the center. I doubt if you will see any car show as large in the Eastern USA. I am still holding to my unofficial estimate of 150 Fieros being there but it would not surprise me if the number jumps higher
As for accommodations; I would strongly advise getting your reservations in now. At showtime most hotels sell out. Almost all hotels offer free cancellations and obtaining lodging late in the game can sometimes be rather difficult. If Carlisle is completely sold out, try the towns of Mechanicsburg 11 miles to the South on RT 11) or in the worse case Harrisburg (20 miles to the east). My 6' tall wife will only stay in a large suite so we are lodging in Mechanicsburg. Hope to see you there....beautiful cars, excellent area, and really great folks from all over.
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-11-2021).]

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2021 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took the advice and went to book.

The two closest locations that FieroChic posted about are fully booked up. I was able to get a room at the Holiday in about 5 miles away at 1152 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle. They (now) only have 4 rooms left.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2021 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For Canadians, the border is still closed for non essential travel. I have only been to Carlisle once and that was 15 years ago. Do they still have camping on the grounds?

------------------
86 GT built 2.2 ecotec turbo
rear SLA suspension
QA1 coilovers on tube arms

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2021 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlisle is essential travel.
PFF
System Bot
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2021 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

For Canadians, the border is still closed for non essential travel. I have only been to Carlisle once and that was 15 years ago. Do they still have camping on the grounds?

They do. We'd love to have you back again. We currently have 4 Canadian owners registered for this year and their registrations will get extended a year BUT we are hoping for a miracle. After all, I agree with Steve - Carlisle is essential travel!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2021 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

Camping

Pre-registration for camping and trailer parking is offered to only pre-registered participants of the Showfield or automotive flea market. All others may register at the event should space still be available. For camping registration and pricing, please call us at 717-243-7855.
There is also off grounds camping space available on lots nearby.
As for Canadians attending Carlisle, it is hoped that the border will reopen next month. For as long as I recall we have had Canadians attend the Carlisle shows. As a matter of fact a fellow from up your way won the best of show trophy a few years back. Sure hope that you don't get shut out.

I took the advice and went to book.

The two closest locations that FieroChic posted about are fully booked up. I was able to get a room at the Holiday in about 5 miles away at 1152 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle. They (now) only have 4 rooms left.

No worries for the late comers. The town of Mechanicsburg about 11 miles South on Rt 11 has numerous hotels, restaurants and shopping. There are also two more hotels right off the Pennsylvania Turnpike in the Camp Hill/New Cumberland Area but those are about a 25 min drive to Carlisle. Harrisburg also has several.

There are a few people coming up from Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky so maybe you guys can travel together!

That's great. The message from MAFOA has always been Everyone is Welcome. If anyone needs route assistance that project is in the works. If we can help in any way just send a PM or email.
------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 05-11-2021).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2021 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In an effort to provide support to our Fiero travelers get to Fieros at Carlisle 27, we are creating a Road Helpers list. If you are able to provide support along the routes shown below (or in the near vicinity) please fill out the Google Form below. Thank you in advance! Thanks to member Dennis LaGrua for this great idea!

https://docs.google.com/for...viewform?usp=sf_link

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2021 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm... Boise to Carlisle on my Google maps is 2325 miles & 34 hours.

Looks like that's the total to visit all the places shown on the maps...

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 05-17-2021).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2021 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Hmmm... Boise to Carlisle on my Google maps is 2325 miles & 34 hours.

Looks like that's the total to visit all the places shown on the maps...

You've got it :-)
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2021 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The way it is shaping up this will probably the largest gathering of Fieros East of the Mississippi ever. Jen should post the pre-registration number shortly but based upon what I have heard the climb to 150 or more seems very likely.
Pre-registration ends on Monday May 24th but if you miss that deadline date you can always register the day of the show Sat June 26th at the front gate. If you register the day of the show please mention MAFOA. Carlisle 2021 is going to be an absolutely incredible show. There should also be over 4000 other GM cars there exhibiting, celebrity guests, tables/booths for dealers that sell parts, books, tools, and accessories. There is even a woman's oasis tent that sells products for the ladies who aren't classic car lovers. The long food court under the grandstand serves a wide variety of good food at very fair prices. There is also an authentic Southern style BBQ stand not far from the food court that is our favorite.
If you are going, be sure to book your lodging reservations now. Hotel rooms in the area fill up at show times and can be hard to find.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2021 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,

A few updates as we just hit 133 pre-registered cars! TODAY by 3 PM is the last day to pre-register. It is also the last day to order the Show T-Shirt. T-Shirts are $15 pickup at show or $25 mailed after the show for those who cannot attend.

Pre-registration saves money and gets you a fast Gate 'N Go Entry (no waiting for pass pickup when you arrive), a guaranteed special FAC27 goody bag/cooler, pre-event info blasts and more. Head to www.mafoa.com today!

Some other items to know:

1) Gate N' Go passes from Carlisle will likely be mailed in the middle of this week. If you don't receive yours by June 5th, let me know. Additionally, if you need to change your class and we haven't already spoken, let me know ASAP.

2) Closer to the event, you will receive a detailed schedule. We do have one addition at present, a 7:30/7:45 screening of Fast 9 at the Carlisle R/C Theaters on Thursday night. We will also have the chance to put a few Fieros on display there so if you are interested let me know. This event will follow the cook-out at Tom Derr's; however, set-up of the cars will likely need to occur that afternoon. I am especially looking for a Medium Red Metallic Coupe/Formula as that is the Fiero featured in the film.

3) If you still need hotel reservations, please contact me. Our host hotel is likely still full but as of earlier this week, I do have some alternates available.

4) If you or anyone else you know would like to donate items to our raffle/auction that raises funds to help put on this event, please let me know as well!

Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions! We look forward to seeing you all soon!
steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gate and go pass received!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Gate and go pass received!

Awesome!!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gate and go pass arrived today. Jennifer sent this out today and I thought that I would share this with all.

Hi All,

23 more days until we kick off Fieros at Carlisle 27! This is just a quick note to let you know that those who registered prior to the May 24 (3 PM) pre-registration deadline should be receiving your Gate N' Go passes any day now! They are already appearing in mailboxes. If you do not receive yours within the next week, please let me know. For those who registered more recently, you will pick up your pass at Gate 3 - the main entry to the Fairgrounds.

Also, if you have not yet reserved tickets for the Fast & Furious 9 screening, please do so here.

More information and a final schedule of events will be forthcoming! I look forward to seeing you and 136+ other Fieros soon!

Best,

~ Jen
MAFOA President

I can honestly say that Jennifer worked tirelessly and put in hours, and hours of work to make this the largest Fieros at Carlisle event ever in the Eastern/Mid Atlantic Region. THANK YOU JENNIFER and all the great folks at MAFOA that pitched in to help out and make this all possible.
If anyone still wishes to attend, just start your engines and head for the Carlisle, PA Fairgrounds. You will be able to register at the front gate the days of the show on Friday June 25th and Saturday June 26th. There is something for everybody at this event and if you haven't been there before you will be very surprised.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 06-01-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2021 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got my pass yesterday!

------------------
Pat Jones

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2021 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Everyone,

Yes, I am posting this with FieroChic88's permission!

To help raise money for the Fiero 40th Anniversary and recoup some funds from the Carlisle event, we have decided to start raffling off some sought after items! The first offering up will be a set of Green tinted, NEW, Fiero door glass! Some of the glass has the "LOF" etch on it, some do not, all have the appropriate DOT markings on it. I do not know for certain if your set will have the marking or not.

The drawing for this will be held at Carlisle on Saturday (time to be announced). You do NOT need to be present to win. Raffle tickets are $20 each. We need to sell a minimum of 50 tickets. Profits will be split and part will go to Fieros at Carlisle fund and to the 40th anniversary show.

If you'd like to buy your raffle tickets in advance, please paypal funds to Trinten@gmail.com (send as a friend, or please add the appropriate amount to cover charges so the net is 20/ticket). In the comments box, please put down your name, email address, and a contact phone number, and if you are on Pennock's, your Pennocks screen name.

Your receipt (the paypal email I'll receive) will be printed out and stapled to your tickets, and I will email you the numbers from your tickets (raffle tickets have been ordered, should be here in the next few days).

If you wish to buy tickets at Carlisle, you sure can! I will be there starting on Thursday, I will have a name tag on (Trinten!). You can buy tickets all the way up to the drawing time. We will do our best to remind people and get the word out as time gets closer!

FAQ:
Q: What if you don't sell enough tickets and I paid in advance (paypal only)?
A: All the money will be sent back via paypal within the first two weeks of July.

Q: What if you don't sell enough tickets and I paid in person with cash?
A: come to me with your half of the ticket(s) and you will be refunded right then and there.

Q: What happens if I win?
A: You get door glass! Seriously, because they are already packed up in shipping boxes, I will have them shipped to you. I will call you and email you to confirm your name and get a shipping address. This is easier than physically bringing them to Carlisle and either hope the winner also trailered their Fiero, or that we can easily get to a shipping store with them.

Q: Will there be other raffles?
A: YES! Jennifer ( Fierochic88 on Pennock's) and I are brainstorming what other highly sought after, but maybe a little pricey, items people could want. So far we are considering the Pisa fiberglass replacement cowl, 2x $100 gift cards to FieroStore, or new Windshield glass (not the cheap stuff either, this is the stuff made by Pilkington or one of their suppliers). We are open to suggestions! We are planning to do about one auction a quarter, so people don't get 'raffle burn out', and keep the chances higher that we'll sell enough tickets each time.

Q: Why are you doing this?
A: I love my Fiero. There are a lot of great people in the community, and this is a chance for me to do more than lurk on the boards and post pictures of my build. If I can help the great people behind these events continue to put them together and make them successful, I'm happy to do so!

Thank you and good luck!! (And thanks to Jen for the collaboration and handling posting this on FaceBook, as I do not have an account there)

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 06-08-2021).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2021 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Vince! We are grateful for your support!!

Update: We reached 140 registered cars this AM!
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2021 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fierochic88

4962 posts
Member since May 2001

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

So what is the best guess on total participation if the gate registrations day of show are included? A while ago Tom said that in the past the club has seen up to 50% more registrations the day of the show. I don't believe that the club has seen that many for a while but its for certain that some will pay that way. This is going to be some huge event.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2021 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierochic88:

I hope you can make it! There are a few people coming up from Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky so maybe you guys can travel together!

mousemeat, I and some others are leaving the Road Atlanta area around 7 AM Friday morning. We should arrive at the Love's Travel Stop on I-81, which is the first exit past the intersection with I-77, around 1 to 1:30 PM. You are welcome to join us at that point if it fits your schedule. That should put us into Carlisle about 7 PM if we only stop for fuel, bathroom break and grab a snack at the same time. We carry FRS radios for car to car chatter. If you're interested, PM me for my phone number so we can make contact prior to meeting up.

Jennifer, have any spoken up about being available along the major travel routes to lend support to anyone who might need it? Their contact info would be needed, along with their location.

steve308

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thursday Morning June 24th
Caravan to Carlisle --- WEATHER PERMITTING of course
If you are traveling North on 95 from anywhere south of Stafford/ Fredericksburg VA and want to meet up and drive up as a group…..
First Gathering Place will be at Gordon Plaza Woodbridge VA.
13191 Gordon Blvd, Woodbridge, VA 22191 Exit … 160A 95 North
Depart Gordon Plaza 123 Woodbridge VA 9:15A.M.
We will do a rolling hookup with anyone wishing to join us passing Springfield, Tysons Rockville etc. to Frederick. Contact me and we will discuss the particulars. The same is true from Frederick to Carlisle as listed in the route below.
Arrive at the Roy Rogers 10:30ish to join the Maryland Group. (If any)
Roy Rogers Family Restaurant 1990 Riverside Way Frederick, MD 21701
Depart Roy Rogers 10:45 for the drive to Carlisle Via 15 to the York Springs exit to Carlisle.
If you are staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites (MAFOA HQ) we are driving to that location. We should arrive by 12:45
My Cell # is 703-501-1860 and I check for PM’s daily on Pennocks.
For those traveling 95 North who are not familiar with our traffic please be aware that it is HORRIBLE 90% of the time. Road construction is ongoing from the Fredericksburg area thru Quantico (10 mile stretch) Morning rush hour is 6 am thru what ever it takes. On Thursday …If you are running late or if you cannot make it please let me know – Don’t want to leave anyone behind or be waiting for a no show.
Steve

[This message has been edited by steve308 (edited 06-10-2021).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2021 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

mousemeat, I and some others are leaving the Road Atlanta area around 7 AM Friday morning. We should arrive at the Love's Travel Stop on I-81, which is the first exit past the intersection with I-77, around 1 to 1:30 PM. You are welcome to join us at that point if it fits your schedule. That should put us into Carlisle about 7 PM if we only stop for fuel, bathroom break and grab a snack at the same time. We carry FRS radios for car to car chatter. If you're interested, PM me for my phone number so we can make contact prior to meeting up.

Jennifer, have any spoken up about being available along the major travel routes to lend support to anyone who might need it? Their contact info would be needed, along with their location.

Yes, I am going to post info on this here soon - it will be a "by request" basis so there will be a number to call if you need help and we'll get you that info stat!

~ Jen
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2021 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of this AM, we are at 143 registered Fieros for the event. While we have been posting sponsor shout outs on our Facebook pages, we do want to acknowledge all the incredible sponsors here as well. This list continues to grow so be sure to stay tuned!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock