Ontario Fieros Future Meetup by yamaha94
Started on: 08-12-2020 09:07 PM
Replies: 6 (337 views)
Last post by: jjd2296 on 04-22-2021 05:40 PM
yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2020 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Ontrario Fieros community did a small test meetup along the Barrie waterfront to "gauge the waters" of potential locations to do a small meetup sometime late summer early fall. We want to pick a venue and location that will work but also a size and design that will be safe for all participants.

Location is still undecided for now. Will keep everyone posted when we have a final location and date/time. We will most likely do this as an first come- first serve RSVP style of acknowledging we will have a cap limit on how many people can come to this event so we can keep numbers in a specified target and organization with parking spots. In past we made it open to anyone that wanted to attend and at this moment in time that would not be in the cards.

But for today we had a small gathering but some really nice cars gracing the waterfront. We had two 3800sc cars (86,87), a 86se 2.8 and a beautiful 84 Indy represent the community. What a beautiful day!

Keep everyone in the loop. Stay safe

Marcus

Organizer and Planner for Ontario Fieros

[This message has been edited by yamaha94 (edited 08-12-2020).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2020 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Ontario government doesn't limit how many people go for a cruise in old cars. It's not like it is a formal event or even an actual "organization". Just a few random people who have old cars. I recently was part of a cruise with several Fieros and other cars locally, and nobody cared, even when we parked together. Social distancing is easy to do when outdoors- far more people congregate when they go to Costco or Wal Mart.

A formal car show may be harder to organize or get approvals for, but this is hardly a formal car show or event.

We had probably 25 cars parked together and neither the police, nor municipal bylaw people could care less. I wouldn't worry about it.

yamaha94

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2020 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yamaha94Send a Private Message to yamaha94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Everyone, if you are interested - send me a DM and i will add you to the building list. RSVP only. Once a date is firmed up I will contact you and if you can't come I will move on to the next person. I will have more details in a while. We have about 200+ members across the province. We will have a set cap for the safety for everyone. We are very fortunate and blessed we can actually do an event this year.
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of us from the local group are thinking of planning a drive after were out of lockdown. Still working out details but most likely another drive up around Barrie and probalby a stop at Camalots place. (still havent asked him hey!). we might plan it around carlisle since we cant cross the border now.
Stay tuned.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 04-21-2021).]

cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a plan! The park near me https://innisfil.ca/thingstodo/innisfilbeachpark/ is waterfront and allows car meets. Recently there was a huge Mustang club meet with over 50 cars..

They also have outdoor BBQ and washrooms. I can bring my boat and we can all take turns to go for a boat ride after the meet. I will wear my leopard skin thong in the boat.....

Please PM me for pictures of me modelling the thong... Borat has nothing on me!!!

[This message has been edited by cam-a-lot (edited 04-21-2021).]

jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet! sounds like fun lets do it.
jjd2296

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I mean lets do the car meet not Borat!

its coming together

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock