Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Pennock's Fiero Forum on Facebook (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Pennock's Fiero Forum on Facebook by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 02-21-2020 02:53 AM
Replies: 55 (1399 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 02-27-2020 11:40 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I feel it has become necessary to create this post since there seems to be a lot of confusion whether or not PFF on FB is "official" or not. Let me make that clear once and for all.

No it is not.

Up until a few months ago, I wasn't even aware it existed. I'm not sure exactly how I found out it did. Either I stumbled upon it or because one of its moderators contacted me due to a discussion that was going on there. The discussion of course being that people thought they were leeching of my name. Either way, I was contacted a few months ago to give my 2c. I joined, and they even made me "honorary moderator" - which I didn't ask for nor really wanted. But it was "to shut them up" as they said. I was asked however to not actually moderate and leave the moderating to them.

When asked for my opinion, I told them the truth. That I really don't mind much people using the PFF name (since people have been making PFF merchandise for ages and I never had any problems with that either), but that it would have been nice if they asked me first. And I left it at that. I never visit the FB page so I truly have no idea what is going on there.

But today, again my attention was directed to the FB page. Someone asking if PFF on FB was "official". Their answer was "Yes it is! Cliff Pennock is even a moderator here!". Well, that went down the wrong way with me. Because it isn't and has never been, and they are now using the fact they made me a moderator (without me actually wanting that, and even asking me not to moderate even though I have the title) as "proof" it's an official PFF page.

Also, they stated that the reason the FB page was created, was because not everybody wants to create a gmail account just for joining PFF. They are referring to the fact that a long time ago it was indeed a requirement to register with a "real" email address. I have no idea how long ago the facebook page was created, but "real email addresses" haven't been a requirement on PFF anymore for at least ten years. So giving the impression you can't join PFF because of that, is false info.

All that said, do I mind PFF on FB exists? No I don't. I can't stress that enough. I understand the need for a Fiero community on FB. Especially younger people are much more into social media and they feel more comfortable there. And in the end, all I really care about is the preservation of the Fiero. And the more resources available to that end, the better. But I do mind taken advantage off. I do not like the fact they made me a moderator and using that as "proof" PFF on FB is official. The only thing it is proof of, is that I don't mind PFF on FB exists and I even don't mind (much) they are using my name. It is not proof it is official, nor is it proof I'm actually a moderator there. And to prevent further confusion, I have revoked my membership there and with it my moderator status.

I don't want this to turn into a feud between PFF members and the members of the FB group. I think it's wonderful a Fiero FB group exists. Being a member here doesn't mean you don't approve of the FB group, just as being a member on the FB group, doesn't mean you don't like or don't support the real PFF. If you have a valid reason not wanting to use either one (you don't like forums, or you don't like FB), then fine, but please, do not stop visiting either one because it's not "appropriate".

The only reason I revoked my membership is to prevent the confusion. Not because I don't approve of the FB group's existence. So be a member on both places. The two can coexist perfectly.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ask them nicely to rename it so it is not related to you or here. If they don't, claim ownership through facebook.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't mind them using my name. Just don't tell people it's a "sister" site or it's an "official PFF site" when it's not.
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are too kind Cliff. Hammer them.
Mike in Sydney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, I've learned that the only thing a person really owns is their name and reputation. That said, let me play the devil's advocate. How would you feel if the fakebook PFF sullied your name, reputation, and what you've built? They've already demonstrated what they are by claiming to be the "official" PFF. I agree with Aus. Drop the hammer on these folks and make them rename their forum.

------------------
Mike in Sydney

Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I don't mind them using my name. Just don't tell people it's a "sister" site or it's an "official PFF site" when it's not.

Others don't have to mention a word. Anyone would automatically assume.

My strong suggestion to you is to claim it or have it shut down.

When it comes to business, nice guys always get the shaft.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 02-21-2020).]

PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had/have a similar issue, someone nabbed our very unusual mcycle forum name and set it up on faceache with our name, with the knowledge that this would get them great attention.

It is now renamed as "friends of unusual forum name". Which is probably not an accurate description of somewhere that steals your name. :0) Like Cliff I'm not overly bothered but unlike Cliff our website is not a source of income. If the intention was to make money from it I would probably be (even less) impressed.

We do get people posting on the forum that they have not had a response from us after posting on "our" Facebook page. So it for sure causes some degree of confuzzlement.

I'm not sure if faceache would actually do oubt if cliff did protest.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 02-21-2020).]

Vicophine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VicophineSend a Private Message to VicophineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, why not try and just regain the moderator status and de-facto run that group? Or appoint people from this forum to run it? As a moderator you would have that ability.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I´m not even a moderator here.

In all seriousness, I hate moderating. That's why I always wanted PFF to be a self moderating forum. I have given the members several tools to do just that. I only step in when it's absolutely necessary. But I want PFF to be a forum where nobody "fears the moderator". A place where you can call the moderator a "toad licking monkey waxer" and get banned for it - not because you called the moderator a toad licking monkey waxer, but because it's in the forum rules you can't call anyone a toad licking monkey waxer.

In fact, it's the reason I started PFF in the first place. Because I hated the over-moderated mailings lists that existed in that time where the moderators considered themselves semi-gods. I truly hated that.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In all seriousness, I hate moderating. That's why I always wanted PFF to be a self moderating forum. I have given the members several tools to do just that.

And it's not very effective. Sorry Cliff, I've been here a long time and I really appreciate what you've built here... but a "self-moderating forum" is nowhere near ideal. I've seen so many quality people leave PFF forever out of absolute disgust with the ongoing nonsense which takes place here. Yes, it mostly occurs in O/T, but it occasionally spills over into the tech areas as well. I don't mean to derail this thread, but you brought up "moderating", and I felt something needed to be stated for the record.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-22-2020).]

cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never figured out how Facebook takes away people from Forums; I am also a Glastron/Carlson Boat owner and am on the Classic Glastron forum, which is dying....Yet when I go to the Facebook Classic Glastron site it seems like all you can do is post a pic and short statement...later you cannot see it again, either to see it in the first place (Say, "How do I fix the seat mount?") or even to reference back to it. I can easily reference back to posts I read here- YEARS later for information.

On this forum and the CG forum, you can scan back a few days to a week and SEE different posts on different subjects.

If this site goes away, then the Facebook site is not in any way going to be able to function as a replacement- I am not interested in looking at a few pretty pics- I am interested in getting (and GIVING) help on Fieros....
PFF
System Bot
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

And it's not very effective. Sorry Cliff, I've been here a long time and I really appreciate what you've built here... but a "self-moderating forum" is nowhere near ideal. I've seen so many quality people leave PFF forever out of absolute disgust with the ongoing nonsense which takes place here. Yes, it mostly occurs in O/T, but it occasionally spills over into the tech threads. I don't mean to derail this thread, but you brought up "moderation", and something needed to be stated for the record.

x2
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My $0.02

The FB group needs to lose the name, or be shut down. As others have posted much more eloquently than I can, your name and reputation are things you must maintain control of.

A few years ago I have had someone steal my eBay ID to use on a forum to sell illegal goods. They claimed to be me by using my eBay ID as their forum name (referencing my eBay ID and positive feedback to add credibility to their scheme). I only found out when someone asked me a question through eBay about the illegal stuff being sold.

Luckily I was able to get the info about the forum, get in touch with a moderator, and shut it down quickly. But it could have completely ruined my eBay reputation (which I take seriously). Apples and Oranges here, but you get the point.

If the FB PFF is not you, then they should NOT be using their name. If any place can turn to complete !@#$%! instantly, it's FB.

Sincerely,

A complete toad licking monkey waxer
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trivet:

My $0.02

The FB group needs to lose the name, or be shut down. As others have posted much more eloquently than I can, your name and reputation are things you must maintain control of.

A few years ago I have had someone steal my eBay ID to use on a forum to sell illegal goods. They claimed to be me by using my eBay ID as their forum name (referencing my eBay ID and positive feedback to add credibility to their scheme). I only found out when someone asked me a question through eBay about the illegal stuff being sold.

Luckily I was able to get the info about the forum, get in touch with a moderator, and shut it down quickly. But it could have completely ruined my eBay reputation (which I take seriously). Apples and Oranges here, but you get the point.

If the FB PFF is not you, then they should NOT be using their name. If any place can turn to complete !@#$%! instantly, it's FB.

Sincerely,

A complete toad licking monkey waxer

Cliff they should shut the group down.
There are 3 admins and 1 moderator and you are not listed.
I see where they made an announcement last year that you were joined and were made honorary admin.
The only reason I joined the group was because of the name, I would be surprised if that wasn't the case with most of the members.
Vicophine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VicophineSend a Private Message to VicophineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FYI.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vicophine:

http://images.fieroforum.co...-150253_Facebook.jpg
http://images.fieroforum.co...-150305_Facebook.jpg
http://images.fieroforum.co...-150318_Facebook.jpg

FYI.

Pabo Wakataeo
Admin

Brian N Godfrey
Admin
Owner/CEO at Becoming a Billionaire

Blaze Szakacs
Admin
Regina, Saskatchewan

Michael W Outten Jr.
Works at Super T Transport

Pretty sure none of those people are Cliff (or Archie)
Vicophine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VicophineSend a Private Message to VicophineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Pabo Wakataeo
Admin

Brian N Godfrey
Admin
Owner/CEO at Becoming a Billionaire

Blaze Szakacs
Admin
Regina, Saskatchewan

Michael W Outten Jr.
Works at Super T Transport

Pretty sure none of those people are Cliff (or Archie)

Correct, I posted that to show people who don't use Facebook what is going on..
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe a lot of the reason for starting the Facebook page was due to lack of mobile photo posting. I will say that when I am looking at that group and refresh the page, almost every minute there is a new image posted of someone's beautiful Fiero or an image from the internet of Fiero's. People seem to go bonkers with posting images and it's a wonderful thing. Here, we HEAR about someones issue but people just don't seem to post images and it drives me nuts.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 02-21-2020).]

Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once I learned the Pennock’s FB group was not aligned with Cliff, I left the group. There’s another Fiero group on FB and I’m still a member there. The only reason I joined the FB groups was because of the ease of posting photos. Now that Cliff has made it easy to post pics here, I don’t go to the Fiero FB page as often.

Put me down as another vote for getting your name off that FB group, Cliff. It’s not about being vengeful, it’s about protecting your name and the forum. This forum is what convinced me to buy a Fiero and begin my swap/restoration and has kept me going when I felt overwhelmed.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Created
Mar 31, 2014
Changed name to Pennock's Fiero Forum
Oct 10, 2019

What was the group called before October?

Also do you know who started this page?
https://www.facebook.com/fieroforum/

Cliff as this is not just going to impact the Forum should something happen over there you should consider shutting them down.
Trust me employers look at these things and one sour encounter on Facebook could tarnish your name.
That and what if someone does something stupid over there? Lots of good people have been ruined for less.

I didn't know that you were not aware of the group. If they are generating any revenue from the members be it ad space or vendor its money out of your pocket.
I don't know what the real reason was for the name but its not due to any email address restriction. I have been here for 20 years and have used a gmail address for most of that time.
But you can imagine how many people joined because of the name.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2020 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yet you claim PFF doesn't pay?
FB and this group is ripping you a big one.

FB gets money for every ad they push on a screen. Group get ad money too @ minimum. You should know this making FB items for others.
The group owners knows and very likely watch this and other threads and don't care when you lose money or more likely 1 to several people hate you and laugh at you being nice and going bankrupt. Won't surprise many is someone in that group keeps DDOSing you too.

You could try to takedown, take over or maybe take ad money etc YT does w/ ©/™ but FB and many Lawyers may not help since you posted/email you don't care.

Often ©/™ must be fully registered and current in 1 or more Counties or FB etc can ignore you or worse when you fight via DMCA etc. Worse? FB and many others can sue you w/o whatever being registered when you issue a DMCA notice and related doc.

PFF can be © and ™ in the US and many others.
LoC © office has a fee to register. see https://www.copyright.gov/
Cost a lot of $ to register ™ w/ USPTO and others is only reason many that hate you haven't ™ PFF in the US.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2020 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Created
Mar 31, 2014
Changed name to Pennock's Fiero Forum
Oct 10, 2019

What was the group called before October?

"Pennock's Fiero Forum On Facebook"

They removed the "On Facebook" part. I'm surprised to see that it was created so long ago and I was never aware of its existence.

I'm guessing the real reason they named it PFF is not because you require a "real" email address here to register (because that hasn't been a requirement anymore for over ten years) but because a lot of people search for "pennocks fiero forum" on Google. So they get traffic immediately.

This is the top ten search queries how people find my site:

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2020 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11610 posts
Member since Jan 99
Now the interesting part is this:

This means that (at least) 1506 people searched for "pennock's fiero forum", but only 878 actually clicked through to PFF. That's slightly more than half. So the other 700 clicked through to (an)other site(s). That is the traffic I've lost. So people are actually searching for PFF but are "lured" away.

I checked on Google and if you search for "pennock's fiero forum", the FB group is only a few results below the "real" PFF. So yeah, if people don't know any better and they were sent by other people to go visit "pennock's", they might end up on the FB page instead of here. So my guess is that the 700 hits are mostly going to the FB group. So that *is* in fact leeching off my name.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2020 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now the interesting part is this:

This means that (at least) 1506 people searched for "pennock's fiero forum", but only 878 actually clicked through to PFF. That's slightly more than half. So the other 700 clicked through to (an)other site(s). That is the traffic I've lost. So people are actually searching for PFF but are "lured" away.

I checked on Google and if you search for "pennock's fiero forum", the FB group is only a few results below the "real" PFF. So yeah, if people don't know any better and they were sent by other people to go visit "pennock's", they might end up on the FB page instead of here. So my guess is that the 700 hits are mostly going to the FB group. So that *is* in fact leeching off my name.

I would ask them to either name change or close shop !!!
Regards
Danyel
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2020 05:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see at the of your forum, you have " Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock "

Wouldn't copyright protection help you in asking for your name to be removed from FB ?

Copyright infringement (colloquially referred to as piracy) is the use of works protected by copyright law without permission for a usage where such permission is required, thereby infringing certain exclusive rights granted to the copyright holder, such as the right to reproduce, distribute, display or perform the protected work, or to make derivative works. The copyright holder is typically the work's creator, or a publisher or other business to whom copyright has been assigned. Copyright holders routinely invoke legal and technological measures to prevent and penalize copyright infringement.
FieroJimmy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2020 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I would ask them to either name change or close shop !!!
Regards
Danyel

Personally, I'd go straight to FB. Report them for using your name/intellectual property, then FB will probably nuke the entire group.

But, then again, I can be rather vindictive when people are screwing me.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've thought about it, and analyzed Google's search data and for me there are only downsides that the FB page is using my name. It "steals" away a lot of traffic because people are searching for "pennocks fiero forum" on Google/Bing/Yahoo and go to the facebook page because they think that is what people have been referring them to.

It also creates a lot of confusion among people. And foremost, it has nothing to do with me or PFF and it isn't a forum. So they should stop using the name.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've thought about it, and analyzed Google's search data and for me there are only downsides that the FB page is using my name. It "steals" away a lot of traffic because people are searching for "pennocks fiero forum" on Google/Bing/Yahoo and go to the facebook page because they think that is what people have been referring them to.

It also creates a lot of confusion among people. And foremost, it has nothing to do with me or PFF and it isn't a forum. So they should stop using the name.

There are actually two or three Fiero groups that use your name as part of the title.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-24-2020).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

There are actually two or three Fiero groups that use your name as part of the title.

Really? Where, on facebook?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really? Where, on facebook?

Cliff .... Here ya go ....

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You should contact Facebook and claim ownership, and/or give them the option to change the name. It is YOUR name after all.
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mptighe

3321 posts
Member since Aug 2009
FYI I picked a fight and the name has been changed
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

FYI I picked a fight and the name has been changed

Good job!

I had to laugh when some knob there accused you of "virtue signaling".

VinceN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VinceNSend a Private Message to VinceNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff you really need to claim ownership if your not going to authorize them.
I understand you may not mind but your Name at this point is a Trademark for your site and you can legally lose your rights to it if you don't defend it.

Please consider this.

For myself, after seeing the way the group owner is acting to people who are asking him about this, I left the group. Dude is a grade A jerkoff from what I can gather which is another reason you should be defending your rights and not letting them represent your brand.

Nothing but the best
~Vince

[This message has been edited by VinceN (edited 02-24-2020).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Patrick! I didn't see Cliff's question until just a moment ago.
Strangely enough, all three of them now seem to be unsearchable, using "Pennock".
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

And yet another one... Pennock's Fiero Facebook

To say the least, it's not very active... but again, the use of the name Pennock's in conjunction with Fiero by others shouldn't be tolerated.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 02-24-2020).]

VinceN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VinceNSend a Private Message to VinceNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still seeing the one listed at https://www.facebook.com/fieroforum/
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Good job!

I had to laugh when some knob there accused you of "virtue signaling".

Yeah the owner of the group kept it going in private messages for a bit. He'd say something, I'd say it doesn't justify him stealing Cliff's Intellectual Property, and he'd go through the whole "I'm sick of this **** " spiel, then start over with "Can you see I was trying to help Cliff, and had good intentions?", then I'd repeat my point and around and around we go. I finally blocked him. He even admitted that if he had asked Cliff, he probably would have gotten a "no", so there you go.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 02-24-2020).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok thanks. The bottom one is the only "official" facebook page since it is created by me. The first one is new to me, and the second one is Brian Godfrey's.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2020 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11610 posts
Member since Jan 99
I also can't seem to find the other ones. Brian changed the name to Brian N Godfrey's Fiero Forum, and the others I can't find.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock