Fiero in FastnFurious 9 by American Exotic
Started on: 01-31-2020 06:43 PM
Replies: 16 (622 views)
Last post by: IMSA GT on 02-15-2020 10:35 AM
American Exotic

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for American ExoticSend a Private Message to American ExoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, just seeing the movie clip for fast and furious nine. Looks like our beautiful mid engine masterpiece will be in the movie. I really don’t think they are glorifying our car but they state something about putting a rocket engine in the Fiero. I would say, more comical than anything but still cool. Punch up movie trailer for fast and furious nine and I believe it was about 1:20 seconds into the preview.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2020 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RWDPLZ

15013 posts
Member since May 2002
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2020 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see they figured out a way to keep the headlight doors down....
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2020 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks so fake it has to be real
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12,000hp on 14" wheels
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I see they figured out a way to keep the headlight doors down....

You just answered my question as to what was with the mini Space Shuttle funnels ahead of the front wheel.

Jeff
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Given that this is almost certainly cgi, I would hazard a guess that that whole 'rocket 'engine' on the car in the shot above is all cgi as well. There's just something about the texture of it in the shot that makes it look a little 'too' real to me.

I can see Fiero prices going up now as well as every boy racer 'discovers' out little gem.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably the same Fiero they dropped the scaffolding on in F&F 7 ... same production team as that one too...

https://arstechnica.com/gam...youll-need-to-watch/

Yes, the article mentions and picture the Fiero...
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-04-2020 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"No, no that's not impressive".
WKDFIRO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2020 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

"No, no that's not impressive".

It really isn't and ALL of us are going to be hearing rocket jokes for years to come.
PFF
System Bot
RayOtton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RayOttonSend a Private Message to RayOttonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, finally the critics are correct.

It is on fire.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2020 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RayOtton:

Well, finally the critics are correct.

It is on fire.

Until the movie comes out, we don't know if this is a "hero car" or "the big joke of the movie".
In the trailers they ask the incredulous "You built that out of a Pontiac Fiero??????????????"

If all this thing does is go really, really fast then catch fire and explode - it is the joke.
In that case, expect to be ridiculed by everyone who saw the movie when out driving your Fiero.

.------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-05-2020).]

Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2020 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HYYYYYYYPE!!!

I hope it's a genuine hero car of the movie!

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2020 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's definitely a real car, in fact there are multiple of them as seen in this behind the scenes shot.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Given the dust on the center one, I'd say its likely it did do some driving through the dusty desert, as seen in the preview.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2020 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the cars are real but the scenes with the engines lit at it doing what ever mph are CGI.

I went through years of night rider bs now this.

Why couldn’t Burt Reynolds have done something with black a Fiero?.......
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2020 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted a video on here of a Fiero with a swamp boat motor and propeller driving around town. This must be the same car with optional engine upgrade.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock