Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
   The Driven Visions Notchback Tail light Panel (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Driven Visions Notchback Tail light Panel by Dennis LaGrua
Started on: 01-25-2020 07:03 PM
Replies: 47 (1266 views)
Last post by: sourmash on 08-21-2020 07:34 PM
Warlordsix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2020 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed last night. I'm guessing most people will assume the car came from the factory like that. The new look works well with the car. Definitely appropriate for an American sports car!

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

IP: Logged
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2020 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It suprises me how much more modern a Fiero looks with a different tailight panel. You did a beautiful job. While I liked the Driven Visions notchback panel the best they have been unavailable for quite some time. The Pisa Euro panel is still available for the notchback and I have one of those to install that will use 8 Hella 3" motorcycle lights w LED's.
You did a great job on the install and made a fine choice of taillights. Didn't know that those squarish lights were still available.id you fasten the panel in place using the top tabs and supports on the bottom? Thats what Pisa recomends. On my C4 Panel I use Steel L brackets glassed in place only at the top the used thread inserts. Its solid as a rock.
Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2020 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis,

I mounted it via the top tabs only. Before installation, however, I was mildly concerned those wouldn't be enough. Consequently, I trial-fit them first and was impressed at how solid the panel was. I had one minor issue during the trial fit....all of the Fiero OEM light sockets were low profile with the wiring exiting at 90 degrees parallel to the panel with the exception of the two outermost sockets. They each extended straight out and probably a full three inches. That was fine for the stock light panel, but as the Driven Visions panel moved the outermost lights inward toward the center of the panel by a couple inches, the OEM sockets now interfered with a support for the OEM panel. The fix was to order two low profile sockets for 2057 bulbs that exited the wiring at 90 degrees. Cost all of $6.99 for the pair delivered! Spliced them in, soldered and shrink-wrapped. See the photo.

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2020 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Warlordsix

159 posts
Member since Apr 2016
And here's the poop on the lenses used with the Driven Visions panel: SAE-IPRST-79_DOT. They're available from various places online. For example, https://www.bonanza.com/lis...RST-79-DOT/198684623

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2020 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Warlordsix:

Dennis,

I mounted it via the top tabs only. Before installation, however, I was mildly concerned those wouldn't be enough. Consequently, I trial-fit them first and was impressed at how solid the panel was. I had one minor issue during the trial fit....all of the Fiero OEM light sockets were low profile with the wiring exiting at 90 degrees parallel to the panel with the exception of the two outermost sockets. They each extended straight out and probably a full three inches. That was fine for the stock light panel, but as the Driven Visions panel moved the outermost lights inward toward the center of the panel by a couple inches, the OEM sockets now interfered with a support for the OEM panel. The fix was to order two low profile sockets for 2057 bulbs that exited the wiring at 90 degrees. Cost all of $6.99 for the pair delivered! Spliced them in, soldered and shrink-wrapped. See the photo.

Ernie

Clever ! I had to notch the supports that stood in the way on my C4 panel install. Might have to do the same with the Pisa Euro panel. As for the lenses you chose, they look super. You are one of the lucky few to have this panel. When Joe from Driven Visions past away all of his great custom parts were never recreated making your panel a rare piece. Most of his parts that gave a customized look were absolutely beautiful.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2020 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Warlordsix:

Installed last night. I'm guessing most people will assume the car came from the factory like that. The new look works well with the car. Definitely appropriate for an American sports car!

Ernie

It looks great. I think I like it because it looks like to pays respect to the original design.
Warlordsix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2020 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys. Here are some shots in proper sunlight to give a little better picture.

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

[This message has been edited by Warlordsix (edited 08-21-2020).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2020 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh. well. I really liked it in the other light, lol. I better not say anything more about it now.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock