Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3d Printed Fiero Center Console Skeleton (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3d Printed Fiero Center Console Skeleton by windex42
Started on: 12-27-2019 02:45 AM
Replies: 47 (2934 views)
Last post by: mmeyer86gt/gtp on 11-15-2022 11:47 AM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2020 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^imsa gt has a pic of my most recent version.
IP: Logged
windex42

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2020 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for windex42Send a Private Message to windex42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty happy with how the bezel turned out. the vents pop in and out just as easy as in the original bezel, I tried real hard to get that just right.
The piece is too big for most 3d printers, even for the Prusa i3, so I had to cut it in half.
I would have been fine with just the exposed plastic, but with the line going through, I figured it would look better covered.
I found some contact paper on Amazon that was a close match to the original brushed metal. It doesn't stick permanently, and I did a pretty horrible job cutting it to fit, but from 6 feet away, it looks great. Too bad I sit 3 feet from it.
Yancorp Brushed Silver Stainless Steel Paper Metallic Removable Peel and Stick on Wallpaper Countertop Cabinet Kitchen Drawer Covers (15.7"x120")

The stuff is a close match, but it's far shinier than my original. Maybe back in '87, my original was shiny like this though.

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2020 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i was thinking it was the silver silk petg.
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2020 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by windex42:

I'm pretty happy with how the bezel turned out. the vents pop in and out just as easy as in the original bezel, I tried real hard to get that just right.
The piece is too big for most 3d printers, even for the Prusa i3, so I had to cut it in half.
I would have been fine with just the exposed plastic, but with the line going through, I figured it would look better covered.
I found some contact paper on Amazon that was a close match to the original brushed metal. It doesn't stick permanently, and I did a pretty horrible job cutting it to fit, but from 6 feet away, it looks great. Too bad I sit 3 feet from it.
Yancorp Brushed Silver Stainless Steel Paper Metallic Removable Peel and Stick on Wallpaper Countertop Cabinet Kitchen Drawer Covers (15.7"x120")

The stuff is a close match, but it's far shinier than my original. Maybe back in '87, my original was shiny like this though.

Thanks!

I know what you mean about seeing the imperfections, but in this case I think only other Fiero people would look at it and go

I took the leap based on your success and did up my dash. It's a bit different as my skeleton is still original and in good shape, but I put the files up on Thingiverse.

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 08-26-2020).]

montegut

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2022 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for montegutSend a Private Message to montegutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mmeyer86gt/gtp are you making the HVAC/radio surrounds? You have a PM. Thanks
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2022 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by montegut:

mmeyer86gt/gtp are you making the HVAC/radio surrounds? You have a PM. Thanks

Look him up on Facebook (Mathew Meyer). It's easier that way. He has what you need. Additionally, I have his full skeleton that is double din and HVAC controls moved down.

[This message has been edited by Spadesluck (edited 11-13-2022).]

montegut

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2022 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for montegutSend a Private Message to montegutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do. Thanks
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2022 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 more ready to ship. before thanksgiving.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock