Power window/mirrors/locks wiring question by Quadfather
Started on: 12-22-2019 07:57 PM
Replies: 6 (419 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 12-23-2019 08:01 PM
Quadfather

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2019 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’m converting my zero-optioned ‘87 to power windows/mirrors and locks. I got a couple harnesses from salvage yard cars several years ago but am just now ready to install one, and everything has made sense until I tried to figure out how to attach the harness to power.

The last two plugs on the harness are an orange and black wire and a pink wire, but my fuse box already has those two wires attached. How do I connect the wires from the harness? Do I unpin the wires that are already there, do I splice, or what?

[This message has been edited by Quadfather (edited 12-22-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2019 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They likely go into big con box(s) you can't see easy. Not even if your under the dash.
Pull left speaker to see it/them under the dash.

Plugs only fit correct spot.

Correct hanger location is under the dash that only access by removing the entire dash.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2019 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the dash out of the car. If you’re referring to the C200, my car doesn’t have one.

[This message has been edited by Quadfather (edited 12-22-2019).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2019 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Power for all of those accessories comes from the C-200.
Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2019 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I double checked and my car does not have the C200 junction block.

[This message has been edited by Quadfather (edited 12-23-2019).]

Quadfather

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2019 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QuadfatherSend a Private Message to QuadfatherEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quadfather

422 posts
Member since Sep 2019
When I first considered switching to power windows/doors/locks, I found these instructions from the Michigan Fiero Club:

https://2a891866-b755-463e-...b3334f78137bb8c1.pdf

The instructions say, “The only wires needed to connect are the Pink (power windows), Orange w/black stripe (power lock relay), solid Orange (power lock switch), and black (ground). Connect the Orange w/black strip and the solid Orange to the Orange w/black stripe wire coming from the fuse block (30amp circuit breaker isntalled); this will supply power to the power lock relay and the power lock switch. Connect the Pink wire to the Pink wire coming from the fuse block (30amp circuit breaker installed). Connect the black wire and the power lock relay tot he frame of the car; passenger side; this is needed to supply a ground to the power lock and power window system. All the other wires can be left unconnected, they are not necessary, and are redundant since your Fiero probably has the existing wiring installed.”

Great instructions, but I wish they were more specific about how to make the connections.

[This message has been edited by Quadfather (edited 12-24-2019).]

Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2019 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To complicate it further for you I would add in a relay or Rodney Dickmans Window Helper. This gives you a better power source for you motor by routing it straight from the battery not going through the switch.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock